The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need double bridle bag

Who makes a bridle bag roomy enough to hold a double bridle? I have 2 different bags for my single bridles, but the double doesn't fit in either bag without really cramming it in there, and even then I can barely get the zip up. When I Google "double bridle bag" I get bridle bags that are made for holding 2 single bridles side by side, so not exactly what I'm looking for. TIA !

I have the custom Tally ho bridle bag that Smartpak sells, it is pretty roomy. Takes a little bit of cramming but my double fits ok and I like the padded lining. I fit my double and my snaffle in it once but that took a LOT of cramming.

I use a carrier that I got from Horse.com but Dover also carries it. It hold 3 bridles, so it definitely has room for my double. I LOVE It. I always carry my snaffle even though I show in my double. This bag has a zip compartment for extras. It is about $23 and comes in a choice of 5 colors.

Check out Schneider's tack (www.sstack.com). I have this one, which is padded, and roomy enough for my double (with bits and reins, to take to a show, for example).

http://www.sstack.com/bridle---halte...ge-bridle-bag/

And not expensive!
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Thanks guys! I'm sure one of these will do

I love my Big D halter and bridle bags- they are very roomy, well padded, durable, and look great! You can order them in stock or custom colors for the same price at smartpak.
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA Mare
    In Loving Memory of Tally, April 15, 1983 - June 2, 2010

I have a Big D padded bags. Holds my double well. Or find ones that are designed for western bridles.

Also have the 3 hook bag. It is wonderful for shows.

Second the Schneiders. I have two of them, and I can fit my elevator with double reins and a standing marty in one, with no cramming. I also managed to fit my leather halter and lead as well as a snaffle bridle (no reins though) in it. They are durable too, provided rats don't get to them