The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need double bridle bag

Who makes a bridle bag roomy enough to hold a double bridle? I have 2 different bags for my single bridles, but the double doesn't fit in either bag without really cramming it in there, and even then I can barely get the zip up. When I Google "double bridle bag" I get bridle bags that are made for holding 2 single bridles side by side, so not exactly what I'm looking for. TIA !

I have the custom Tally ho bridle bag that Smartpak sells, it is pretty roomy. Takes a little bit of cramming but my double fits ok and I like the padded lining. I fit my double and my snaffle in it once but that took a LOT of cramming.

I use a carrier that I got from Horse.com but Dover also carries it. It hold 3 bridles, so it definitely has room for my double. I LOVE It. I always carry my snaffle even though I show in my double. This bag has a zip compartment for extras. It is about $23 and comes in a choice of 5 colors.

Check out Schneider's tack (www.sstack.com). I have this one, which is padded, and roomy enough for my double (with bits and reins, to take to a show, for example).

http://www.sstack.com/bridle---halte...ge-bridle-bag/

And not expensive!
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Thanks guys! I'm sure one of these will do

I love my Big D halter and bridle bags- they are very roomy, well padded, durable, and look great! You can order them in stock or custom colors for the same price at smartpak.

I have a Big D padded bags. Holds my double well. Or find ones that are designed for western bridles.

Also have the 3 hook bag. It is wonderful for shows.

Second the Schneiders. I have two of them, and I can fit my elevator with double reins and a standing marty in one, with no cramming. I also managed to fit my leather halter and lead as well as a snaffle bridle (no reins though) in it. They are durable too, provided rats don't get to them