The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Medical armband at Walmart

Well not exactly.
    I was wandering through Walmart and in their exercise section near the Yoga stuff was a sport armband that was designed to hold an ipod. It looked way more comfortable than the normal eventing armbands.
    It had the front of the pouch as clear. The band was a wider softer fabric and it velcroed around the arm. The back of the pouch was the same soft fabric as the armband part. I only saw it in black.
    You would just have to create your own card that had the required medical information/emergency contact information. I think it was about $10.

You can download the card from the USEA: useventing.com/resources/files/docs/c-f-1004-USEAMedicalCards.pdf
    No need to make your own.

The armband at Bit of Britain is $10, now you can choose your color elastic on it as well..

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Quote Originally Posted by Xctrygirl View Post
    The armband at Bit of Britain is $10, now you can choose your color elastic on it as well..

~Emily
    I know you can choose your elastic color at Bit of Britain but I have been told that style isn't comfortable unless it is over a sleeve. The pictures I have seen on the medical armbands look like the plastic would poke the skin on your arm a bit.
    The one at Walmart may only come in black but it looks like it is designed to be worn directly on the skin and still be comfortable.

Ok now I am just confused...

What part of your skin are you gonna wear the armband on and still fall inside the rules of needing to wear a short or long sleeved shirt? Tank tops and sleveless shirts were specifically mentioned in the rules last year (iirc, which could be dubious) and they were clearly a no no.

Ok so you're wearing a polo shirt and your vest.... the EMT's and everyone else need to be able to reach your info ASAP. Are you thinking of wearing it beneath your shirt? Because that's a no no also.

Amrbands are worn over shirt sleeves for a reason, and I know the comfort level can vary, one think a friend did that was helpful was to cut a piece of an old non slip pad and glue it to the back of her armband. It was big enough to buffer the corners. Mine doesn't bug me, but thats clearly not the case here if you have tried it and been bothered by it.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

I got one from BoB and the card doesn't fit in them very well...

Xctrygirl, I wear a short-sleeve polo and on the more fitted polos the sleeve is shorter than where the armband slips to on my arm. Might be what SonnysMom was referring to?
    Winfield Farm
    Karrera "Zoee" ~ Redshift "Orion" ~ Inquisitive "Q" ~ No Doubts "Lady"
    I Paid For My Vet's New Truck Clique

I also have found the same problem that inquisitive has mentioned. I am unaware though of whether you have to have that arm band or not. If it's more comfortable and legal then I say go for it.
    T

My polos are short sleeved and they don't fit under the armband either. I have thin arms and the band has slipped down to my wrist before tightened all the way up.

At the CT that I was at a few weeks ago there was one girl that had a polo on but the sleeves were really short and her armband was below that. Another girl it had slipped to just above the elbow.
    On a few other competitors the bottom edge was below the bottom edge of the shirt sleeve.