The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U.S. Representative to World Young Horse Championships

Emily Wagner has been selected to represent the United States at the WBFSH/FEI World Championships for Young Horses with her Five-Year-Old Stallion, WakeUp. WakeUp was bred in the U.S. (Kansas born) and has been trained by Emily. They won the Central States Selection trial with a 8.232 average. Emily will be the only U.S. representative going to Verden and is one of only two pairs that qualified. To follow Emily's journey go to http://emilywagnerdressage.wordpress.com/
    Last edited by Dutch Girl; Jun. 12, 2010 at 07:52 PM.

Congratulations Emily!!! Well done and good luck! Go USA!!!!
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Thumbs up

Congratulations to Emily and the entire Team WakeUp!!!! How exciting for all involved with this fine horse!!!

Smile Rubinio qualified in 2008 and 2009 to Represent the USA in Verden !

In 2008 and in 2009 we DID have riders who Qualified to Represent the USA in Verden at The Young Horse World Championships.. !

Rubinio qualified for The Fei 5 yr old test in 2008. I rode him myself and we had qualifeid with a 8.9. We rode in Verden had a Great time and finished 5th in the small Final with a 8.02. If I remember correctly Willi Arts also qualified a 6 yr old and there was another us representitve on a 5 yr old.

Last year in 2009 Rubinio and myself qualified again to represent the USA with a 8.2 for the FEI 6 yr old in Verden. Unfortunetly 1 day before competition my Rubinio injured himself in his stall and couldn't compete. Articles on our qualifacation can be found on Eurodressage..

I wish Emily and her stallion much luck in Verden . It is indeed a chance of a lifetime...

Jennifer, how is Rubinio doing now? Is he still in Germany or with you in CA? Hopefully he has fully recovered from his injury last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Hoffmann View Post
    . If I remember correctly Willi Arts also qualified a 6 yr old and there was another US representitve on a 5 yr old.
    I believe Willy's horse was the mare Valeska.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Sorry for any misinfo in the website set up for Emily. I will forward your post to the folks that put the website together and ask them to correct any info. no slight was intended!!!

now back to helping Emily make her dream come true. For a 22 y/o of modest means with a young horse bred on the plains of Kansas, this is an incredible accomplishment. Emily is a in her senior year at Kansas Univeristy majoring in Biology with straight A's and is just an exceptional young lady. This is such a wonderful story that we just want to see play out to Germany.

Again, sincere apologies on any misinfo presented regarding previous qualifiers!!!!

m
    m

The info has been corrected. Sorry for the mistake. I just put up what I was given. As Maggie said no slight was intended. Hope you and your horse are doing well.

Just an idea...
    as mentioned on the Sporthorse Breeding forum about Emily Wagner and WakeUp , USEF provides no funds for the US representative to go to Verden
    (perhaps because it's the USEF/Markel Young Horse competition, has their own championship in Illinois).

So with the all the mandatory fees for "grants" and "scholarships"
    that are charged on our entry forms for money to hand out to people of the USDF/GMO's choosing (and who most of us do not know and are completely disconnected from) that some kind of funding ought to be set up to assist the riders of these top young horses so they can compete in Verden and represent the USA. That would have much more value to me as a donor.

Not more mandatory fees on entry forms (!) , but some type of organized financial assistance, through voluntary donations and sponsorships.
    USEF or USDF could oversee it.

Such a fund would also add more incentive to particpate in the USEF/Markel program, not to mention support the US breeding program.
    Last edited by Mardi; Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:33 PM.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

The Wagners are the most hardworking, honest, authentic people around. Jana does more in one day than what three horse women do in a full week. Kudo's to Emily & Jana.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    The Wagners are the most hardworking, honest, authentic people around. Jana does more in one day than what three horse women do in a full week. Kudo's to Emily & Jana.
    Boy, you are not kidding!! She gives the term "multi-tasking" a whole new meaning.
    Her focus is incredible. I have known her for over ten years as a student and have bred to her stallions. I am so lucky to have someone like her within decent driving distance for lessons!

Congrats to Emily and Wakey!! I am so excited for her and cannot be more proud to be a student of Emily's. She has done wonders for my horse and me. Can't wait for this dream to happen for her! There is not a more hard working person I know. She deserves this so much! The Wagners are an awesome family who work harder than anyone.

CONGRATS EMILY!!

Default we need everyone to spread the word about how they can help!!

[edit]

Emily and WakeUp had an incredible show in St Louis this past weekend....from Emily's blog http://emilywagnerdressage.wordpress.com/

So…in case anyone was wondering… WakeUp ROCKS MY WORLD!!!!!! He was fantastic today and clocked out a super steady test to win the 5 year old test with an AMAZING 89.8%!!!!! The judges were super complementary of his rideability and attitude giving a 9 on submission and 9.5 on general impression!!!! It was so much fun!!!!

They are peaking at just the right time and we need to get them to Germany so that they can show that someone from modest means with a midwest breed horse can go out and rock the dressage world!!! As others have said, the Wagners are role models for what hard work and determination can do.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jun. 14, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
    m

Default Stallion Wagnis

Is there a link anywhere to the sire of Wakeup, the stallion Wagnis? I can't find a photo or information on him anywhere and am really interested to find out more about him!

Thanks!

We had to remove/edit some posts to comply with the site's policies on fundraising activities (for 501c3 charities only).

Thanks!
    Mod 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ride4Life View Post
    Is there a link anywhere to the sire of Wakeup, the stallion Wagnis? I can't find a photo or information on him anywhere and am really interested to find out more about him!

Thanks!
    I found this:
    http://dressageandmore.com/Dressage%20Clinics.htm

I wish you could see Mushu, her Sport Pony stallion out of a mustang mare she owns and I have forgotten who is sire is. He has brains, the body and is just plain the "real deal". Once or twice he came to the clinic where I worked to be collected.
    http://toplineink.com/Xa40.aspx

I wish you could see Mushu, her Sport Pony stallion out of a mustang mare she owns and I have forgotten who is sire is.

I thought the sire was/is Macht.
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

Quote Originally Posted by exvet View Post
    I wish you could see Mushu, her Sport Pony stallion out of a mustang mare she owns and I have forgotten who is sire is.

I thought the sire was/is Macht.
    Mushu is by the Trakehner Macht (deceased) out of Moreia, a BLM Mustang mare.
    There are about 7 or 8 of these Mustant/Trakehenr crosses who have been successful AA horses. Many of the mares that Jana kept were bred to Wagnis or her other stallion and produced many top foals.

Mushu is by the Trakehner Macht (deceased) out of Moreia, a BLM Mustang mare.

Yes I remember Macht, Pralaat and Polarmond well...............Now I'm really dating my time back in KC, MO. In fact the last time I saw Emily she wasn't that far out of diapers. Jana proved to me it was OK to take kids to the horse shows and actually show (She was showing Macht at the time). I remember one show at Longview where she had a tent set up and her kids there. They were all very well behaved and pitching in. Those that could walk that is. I was stabled not far from her and had my daughter there, carrying her around in my back pack in between my classes/tests. It was amazing because the dressage gods never struck us down with lightening as one would have thought might happen since kids were/are so welcome at dressage shows

FWIW I hope the pair gets to go to Europe and does well.
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

Yup, Jana is absolutely AMAZING! I have known her for about 15 years. They have worked hard and have earned everything they have accomplished.