The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What about stallions that went to the test, but didn't finish (for whatever reason), but went on to obtain lifetime breeding approval on FEI performance records?

My stallion Boleem is one, and as noted above Pikor was one? Any others?

Susan,

There are a few stallions in this category. I think that if they made it past the mid-point of the test and went on to an FEI career they should be on the list… we can put a notation that they did not complete the test. Clearly they had merit.

Can you give me the data on Boleem?

-Elaine

Susan,
    That is excellent.. but the thread is about stallions that went through the 100 Day Test in the United States.

Ooops...my mistake. I'll delete.

What about adding Boleem to the list with a footnote that his test was in Holland? And any others whose test was overseas? I'm just grateful to have a list of stallions who competed at the highest levels of the sports.

And for his owner, wouldn't he qualify for approval with the NA/WPN with his performance results?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm just grateful to have a list of stallions who competed at the highest levels of the sports. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oakstable,

I agree that such a list is VERY useful too. SO, you could copy the data from this list, change the title and start a separate thread of all Tested stallions who are (or have) competed at the FEI level in sport, irrespective of where in the world they stand.

I have a feeling the number of FEI stallions will not be as high as we might expect. But it would be interesting to see.

Unfortunately, even though Boleem passed his Inspection in Holland, and did fulfill the performance requirements - was even highly placed in the Horse of the Year standings for Grand Prix for the Dutch, they have not approved him. Luckily, the Oldenburgs were not going to miss the opportunity to use him for their breeding program, so he was fully Approved Oldenburg Verband.

This is a great and helpful listing. I have contacted Erin and asked if this thread (when complete) can be saved in the Favorites Archive for future reference.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Great idea, Sonesta.

In the whole scheme of things, the stud fee for an FEI competitor should be higher than one just starting out or who did not make it through the levels due to injury, or lesser talent.

I'd like to be able to refer to such a list for both US testing and European testing. The test scores are just one indicastor.