The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default A pattern for the knitters

Unfortunately it's in French. But hey, you know what a horse is supposed to look like, right?

http://tricoty.over-blog.fr/pages/Ch...s-3226760.html
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

My nephew is fluent, and will be here for 2 weeks!

Thanks for posting, this will be fun-C'mas presents for riding buddies in their horses' colors and markings.

Cute!

I think i could stumble through that French, but the pattern would elude my very basic knitting skills :-(
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~

It's very cute! Unfortunately I can't knit. I can crochet though...or at least I used to crochet. I should re-learn that skill again. Nothing is cozier than a crochet afghan blanket. And it's something for the hands to do while watching TV...a tad more productive than doing crossword puzzles. (which is what I do now)
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

I love to crochet! If you're interested, here's a crochet ear-bonnet pattern I am going to start this weekend, I just need to figure out how to make it big enough for horsey's monster ears
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    It's very cute! Unfortunately I can't knit. I can crochet though...or at least I used to crochet. I should re-learn that skill again. Nothing is cozier than a crochet afghan blanket. And it's something for the hands to do while watching TV...a tad more productive than doing crossword puzzles. (which is what I do now)

LOL, crossword puzzles are said to keep your noggin fit....
    I am sure though you can crochet that little darling.

It is so adorable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

That's just darling.

Hrm, I don't knit or speak French, but my mother does both. Might have to pass that along to her

Quote Originally Posted by Twigster View Post
    I love to crochet! If you're interested, here's a crochet ear-bonnet pattern I am going to start this weekend, I just need to figure out how to make it big enough for horsey's monster ears
    Can you email that to me? Can't really read that image...
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

I can both knit and crochet, but am very basic at both... I'd say more basic crocheter than knitter... so even the horse cute bonnet scares me.

Sad... I'd like to make something other than a scarf.
    http://dressageesquire.blogspot.com
    "The ability to write a check for attire should not be confused with expertise. Proficiency doesn't arrive shrink-wrapped from UPS and placed on your doorstep."

Quote Originally Posted by Quest52 View Post
    I can both knit and crochet, but am very basic at both... I'd say more basic crocheter than knitter... so even the horse cute bonnet scares me.

Sad... I'd like to make something other than a scarf.

Just do it, I promise, it's not rocket surgery. And if it turns out wrong, you can always go back and fix it!
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigster View Post
    I want to make that but I cannot, for the life of me, read the pattern! Is there a crochet for dummies book out there that anyone can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by ddashaq View Post
    I want to make that but I cannot, for the life of me, read the pattern! Is there a crochet for dummies book out there that anyone can recommend?

There are a lot of them out there...but I doubt they have fly bonnets in them

I prefer diagrams, once you adjusted to the minor differences in the symbols, you are home free...

If you're serious about knitting or crocheting just head over to your local yarn store and get lessons. I took three lessons on knitting for $30 and still come in for new stitches and projects from time to time. I knit with a loom though.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Quote Originally Posted by leilatigress View Post
    If you're serious about knitting or crocheting just head over to your local yarn store and get lessons. I took three lessons on knitting for $30 and still come in for new stitches and projects from time to time. I knit with a loom though.
    Excellent idea! They are sometimes (and some places) hard to find these days. Plus, if you manage to screw your pattern up, many times there is a pro in the store happy to help you fix it. (but don't go buy your yarn elsewhere then...)