The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who are the adult-ammy-friendly-not-so-big-name trainers in TN/surrounding areas?

I have a horse for sale who is the perfect horse for what seems to be the vast majority of the readership here on COTH.

She takes a bit-too-technical of a ride to be a kids horse but is such a confidence booster and I have the "perfect person" picked out for her in my head, I'm having a hard time advertising her for that genre, it seems.

I've advertised her on Area 3, sent out an email to the adult riders list and passed her on by word of mouth, along with the requisite fliers etc.

Anyway, I would like to put together a list of trainers similar to my own who I could email personally with her information. My trainer, for example, has ridden through prelim and takes on a small group of adults who show 6 or 8 times a summer, take weekly lessons, go to as many clinics as they can and enjoy the company of each other and their horses more than anything else. Many of the group are re-riders who have BN-T level aspirations. She is not "THE BNT" in this area, but she is the best (if you ask me or CookiePony, anyway!)

I would like this horse to go to a home where she will be shown, since she does quite well, but not end up with a trainer who will pound her into the ground with shows every weekend.

Anyway- if anyone knows any trainers like mine in the area- KY, TN, Southern IL, GA, AL, even Missouri, Indiana, whatever, could you please give me their info or at least send me in the right direction??

Thanks!

Leslie Wylie in Knoxville picks up all the adult amateurs round here.

I would put Debi Crowley on the list, does both dressage and eventing www.cottonmeadowsfarm.com

Susan Harris in Louisville, KY

Heather Jackson in Alabama http://www.springstoneequestrian.com/

Mary Bess Sigman

Tiffani Loudon Meetze, even though she may be more upper level, I think she would fit

Lellie Ward www.paradisefarmaiken.com

Judith Steele in Alabama

Diana Rose at near Huntsville http://www.flintridgefarm.com/

Lindsey Hays at Nantua Farm in KY

Jennifer Strauss in Lexington

Amanda Bingley http://www.fairwindstables.com/

Sharon White in in West Virginia and does have students at all levels
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

scubed gave you Mary Bess' and Lellie's contacts, as well as Debi Crowley - highly recommend all three - add to that, your mare is adorable, and you love her dearly. The trainer she ends up with is VERY important - all three of these very talented riders and trainers are wonderful with adult amateurs and would nurture your gal along as well as her rider!

oops, just saw that Mary Bess' contact info isn't included - so here 'tis:

http://www.triplecreekeventing.com/

edited to add I think the absolute world of Amy Wise as a trainer, rider, and wonderful person...would love to see someone who trains consistently with Amy have her.
    Last edited by RunForIt; Jun. 9, 2010 at 02:24 PM.
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

I'd think about Jim Graham in Florence, AL. He's great with adult amateurs and is very good in all three phases. Plus, he's a real gentleman.

Does the USEA share it's contact info? It would be great to get a list of TN pros--or eventers for that matter. We don't have clinics around here because they don't fill, they don't fill because word doesn't get out...

Cathy Wieschhoff in Lexington, KY
    Amy Barrington in Tryon, NC

Both have good groups of adult students competing happily and safely at multiple levels. Both are excellent horsewomen.

Caroline Atherholt (Dowd)-in VA-students all levels-has competed herself-4 star-AWESOME teacher and trainer! Would send her my horses in a heartbeat-(when of course I win the lottery!)

www.carolinedowd.com
    Last edited by piaffequeen; Jun. 10, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

eponacowgirl is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Thank you guys for all your info so far! I need to compile their email addresses and write an unbiased report of my mare's awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by RunForIt View Post

edited to add I think the absolute world of Amy Wise as a trainer, rider, and wonderful person...would love to see someone who trains consistently with Amy have her.
    What RFI? You're going to move to Middle TN and buy the horse in question and train with Amy? I think that is a GREAT idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by tlw View Post
    I'd think about Jim Graham in Florence, AL. He's great with adult amateurs and is very good in all three phases. Plus, he's a real gentleman.
    Jim saw my last dressage test... I might hold off for awhile before I email him!!

Default pc ?

have you considered advertising her at the pc nationals?
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Also Jen Ohmes, in Florence AL. She is a former assistant trainer of Jim's, a consummate professional, and seems to have good success moving this sort of horse.

eponacowgirl is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post

Mary Bess Sigman
    Tiffani Loudon Meetze
    Judith Steele in Alabama
    Jennifer Strauss in Lexington
    Hey guys, I've been trying to track down contact info for these four people. Mary Bess has a "contact us" form on her site, so that would work, but if anyone has any email info for the other folks, I'd appreciate it.

I did find a Judith Fiorentino in AL who has a farm called "Steel Prize Stables" that does eventing and dressage. Perhaps she is married now?

Anyway, anyone has any info they can pass along, I'd appreciate it!

[quote=eponacowgirl;4926603]Hey guys, I've been trying to track down contact info for these four people. Mary Bess has a "contact us" form on her site, so that would work, but if anyone has any email info for the other folks, I'd appreciate it.

I'll PM you MB Sigman's email address... she's taking a MUCHO needed break for a few days though so don't feel slighted if you don't hear back from her pronto - Bessie's great at returning emails.
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Might have been my error on Judith Fiorentino at Steele Prize. That is who I meant.

From Area III ads:
    Tiffani Loudon-Meetze
    Windfield Farm
    182 St. Luke Church Rd
    Winnsboro, SC 803.261.7808
    tffn310@aol.com

Contact form for Jennifer Strauss at Fine Day Farm here:
    http://www.newhorse.com/profile/b.51....u.9c13be.html
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Jennifer Strauss is no longer in Lexington, KY I know.