The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Any Pregnant COTHer's out there?

I know I don't post here much anymore, but I do still lurk. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else out there is pregnant? I haven't ridden in over two months, but my OBGYN - LOVE him! - said it was fine to ride. He just said no jumping, or riding crazy ones. I had to really scale down my lessons though, since I've had such bad morning sickness, which the heat doesn't help.

So, I'd love to hear from others. My Due Date is Jan. 6th, but I'm going to have a Scheduled C-Section on New year's Eve.

I'm not (whew! ) but I have been a few times in recent years.

Just wanted to wish you a big congratulations! Surprising there are always a good few COTHers around who are pregnant so I'm sure you'll find some!

I'm due Dec11th! I'm not riding (husbands orders) but still doing all the farm work. I did the same with dd until I was 9m1w and had a minor farm accident and dh refused to let me out of the house! LOL!
    My girlfriend galloped her racehorses until 8m along- so it's all in what you are used to! Congrats and a happy/healthy 9m to you!

In my car, between work, home, and the barn!

Yep! Due Christmas Eve with #3. I'll be off the horses in another week or two but will keep teaching DS on his pony and keep running until the very end.

Way to get that 2010 tax deduction, Freebird! DS was due Dec. 26 but he took his sweet time and was born Jan. 6.

Congrats!!

I just hit the third trimester homestretch and am due on August 24th with our first. DH and I are super excited. Honestly I've been miserably sick throughout the entire thing but I love knowing that in just a few short months we're going to meet our little girl. Not riding wasn't hard in the beginning because it was winter when I found out, but it's been hard teaching lessons this spring/summer and not being able to ride. Baby is quite the kicker, DH says she'll be a good soccer player, I say she's keeping her legs strong to get the stubborn ponies down the lines
    -Tami-

[Paint It Black - "Kiddo"]

Bonsall, CA- with my horses finally home again!

Due July 23rd with a son! Our daughter was born Dec 23rd 2008, so as soon as Little Man makes his grand appearance, we are All. Done. I have been extremely fortunate to have had very very easy pregnancies both times but I still can't wait to never be pregnant again! Permanent measures will be taken... .

The first time I rode my horse to a week before the due date, but this time I voluntarily stopped at 6 months pregnant- I had a much better understanding of what I could lose if something dumb happened, and something dumb ALWAYS happens around horses. I guess I have finally, finally matured!

The only issue right now is that I'm having trouble gaining weight. I haven't gained a pound in 4 weeks and my doc is yelling at me about it, and I've been trying to eat-eat-eat. This is the time I should be gaining about a pound a week and last time that was NO problem- but this time, I'm just not packing it on. Ultrasounds are showing the baby is fine and appropriately sized, but... I'm worried. The one time in my life I can eat whatever I want and somehow not gain weight and I can't enjoy it!
    ~Living the life I imagined~

Congrats to all!
    I'm due on Dec. 25th (probably will be scheduled to go in early...Dec. 21st though) with my first. The dr is classifying me as high risk due to a few issues, and laughed at me when I asked about riding Fortunately I have a great friend who happens to be horseless this season & has taken my mare under her wing & is showing her etc...my main job at shows is to trailer & to help groom! Its been pretty fun to see the mare go so I can't complain.

We'll have to keep this thread going - or start a Private Topic. I'd love to hear how everyone is doing.

Yes, I am glad to get the tax break, but the Dr actually suggested that date, only because it was a week before my actual DD. I'd rather not have a C-Section, but I have Endometriosis, have had 4 Laps, and a previous C Section, so the Dr said it was my only option.

What are the names y'all have picked out? Since I'm so early, we don't know what he/she is yet, but we do have our names pretty much decided. Our girl name is Addison Grace (Addie Grace) and our boy name is....................Aiden. Yup - as in OUR COTH Aiden. We just need to settle on a middle name.

I've been feeling pretty rotten lately, and right now even brushing my teeth makes me hurl, but at least I know that I'm still pregnant, and all is well.

DD is Madeline Elizabeth (Maddie)
    Lilbean will be William Tyler (william is family name. We'll call him Tyler).
    IF it's another girl- we have some name searchin to do!

We can form a private COTH group on babycenter as well- in case we get this one locked!

Good idea to start a group on baby center. I went ahead and made one. The link is: http://community.babycenter.com/grou...3/coth_mommies.
    -Tami-

[Paint It Black - "Kiddo"]

Default baby

Congratulations Kat on the marriage and the baby. Funny how things can turn around isnt it
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

I am due July 8 and can't wait to get back in the tack! We are having our first (and likely last since I am 41) baby, a boy. Very excited...tired of being pregnant and big!

My girlfriend has had my gelding since March - keeping him going for me with lessons/clinics and his first horse trial in 2 weeks, yeah! - and it helps keep me sane to hear her nearly daily reports on how things are progressing. I still feel a little involved at least with these discussions. I stopped riding about 14 weeks just b/c I felt a bit apprehensive and my pony doesn't need to feel that from me. I am very fortunate my friend has been so dedicated to keeping my boy going. It is SO important that when I am ready to ride, I don't have to start from ground zero with him too!

Best of luck ladies!

I am due Aug 25 with #2

Just had the other one on Aug 11, 2009

I want to ride soooo bad I am going crazy not to mention I think I need to sell Nootka. She is super cheap and it makes me want to hurl
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Maybe you could free lease her for a while? I have a 15 y.o. girl who doesn't have the money to buy a horse, but would LOVE to have a horse to ride and show. It would stay at Shady Creek, so the horse would have a fabulous home. Maybe you could find something like that?

I'm not, but my grandmother rode basically until she popped (she's a trainer) with all 3 - no issues. My mom also rode pretty much all throughout her pregnancy (with me) and won a regional championship when she was 4-5 months pregnant. I was a breech birth, so we like to joke that's why I took to horses so well, since I was in riding position (of sorts) the whole time, haha.

I also have a lot of friends who just didn't feel comfortable taking the risk or others that were just too ill or uncomfortable for most of their pregnancy.

It's pretty much whatever you are comfortable with. 9 months isn't so long if you feel it's not for you = )

Either way, congratulations! I know so many people that are pregnant right now or just got engaged/married. Must be something in the water, haha (I sure hope not!)

I'm due Sept. 8th, don't know if it's a boy or girl yet (things work SO differently in Canada) but should know by the end of the month. I'm also getting married Dec. 5th AND have a 2-year-old son already... AND work full-time... so I'm crazy busy, but yet somehow still have two horses?? I don't really know how that happened Luckily one mare is in no hurry to be re-started under saddle after her years as a broodie, and I found a nice teenage girl to ride my other mare for me for free, so I only feel *slightly* guilty about not being able to spend as much time with them as I'd like. I can't WAIT until this baby is born and I can get back to work... a whole show season off was NOT in my "life plan" right now, lol!!

Anyway I will be having a c-section as my first child was born by emergency c-section. We are tentatively planning for Sept. 5th at this point, but will see how it goes. Names... if it's a girl, her name will be Victoria, haven't picked a middle name yet. If it's a boy, Casey Kenneth. (Kenneth is my dad and brother's name.)
    Vancouver Equine
    www.vaneq.com

Well as of June 2nd no longer pregnant! Just had my first a little girl, Riley Hazel. I had a stupidly easy pregnancy and rode until almost 8 months doing everything, stopped when my balance was getting wonky. Hoping to start riding again after my 3 week check up, had to have an episiotomy so strattling something right now doesn't sounds like fun anyways! Post partum is going great too, it is true what they say about breastfeeding, I am still eating the same but am already within 5 pounds of pre-pregnancy weight after 1 week. Granted I didn't get huge by any means and stayed fit throughout.

Rode up until 8 months along with the 1st.

Rode up until 7 months along with the 2nd.

Stopped when I did with the first because my balance got a little weird.

Stopped with the second because my hips and back were out of wack.

Didn't jump with either pregnancy. Rode Trails with both until 4-5 months along, then just ring work.

I rode regularly(3-4 times a week) with both. If I had taken time off, for what ever reason, I think it would have been difficult to figure out my new center of balance due to the every changing body shape.

I didn't start riding until 6 weeks after both pregnancies. I had super easy pregnancies, but hard post partum recoveries.

I just wanted to throw out that while yes, your doctor knows what's best for you, for someone who wants to pursue less conservative options than a repeat c-section, there is a wonderful bulletin board called www.mothering.com/discussions. It's based from the Mothering magazine, and the level of intelligence and research-based advice given on that site easily rivals COTH. It's like a mothering version of COTH, in fact Anyways, I'm not trying to change your mind about having a repeat section, but there is some pretty great information on the boards there and mothers who have been through just about any birth situation you can imagine, and someone will be able to help you if it's just not feeling right for you to have a repeat section. Even if you just want reassurance or need help processing a section, they're still great.
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

Just wanted to drop in and say congrats.

I just had a daughter this past December and have to say having a baby over the holidays is great!

I hope you all have healthy, happy pregnancies, easy labors/ C-Sections and happy healthy babies!

(I have to admit that I have only ridden 3 times since my first trimester and my daughter is 6 months on Monday - but my horse seems super happy to groomed on and fed carrots and hang with his buds.)