The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lower BC folks...Palladio and Pallido Blu now standing very close to you!

I know with all the CEM issues that breeding Canadian mares to US stallions is a royal PITA to ship semen and really expensive. I wanted to let you guys in lower BC know that we have just moved the boys right up on the border for the rest of the year. I now have some great options if anyone wants to hop their mare across the border to be bred. I know still a hassle with health papers but the place that collects can inseminate the mares so might be a pretty good option to have it all done in one place. I hope this is OK to post here but I just thought anyone in BC that had been put off by the CEM situation might be interested in knowing this option!
    Andrea Clibborn-Anderson
    www.crestlinefarm.com
    Home of Pinto Dutch Warmblood Palladio

Default Dang....

I have a two yr old....for *next year when she is three* who might be a match...sigh.
    If I can sell my two yearlings I would breed my 4 yr old Sempatico mare in a heart beat...
    Andrea...send some buyers my way...LOL I am just too overhorsed at the moment to breed another one. We just bred the 5yr old Tricolore mare to Banduras....
    Palliado whould be an awesome cross for Sahara...she needs a bit of height and a tad more substance being 1/2TB...however she is a super athletic mare...so her and Palliado would make a mega jumping machine offspring.
    Martha
    Breeder of Quality and Colour
    Tobiano Pinto Sporthorses
    www.jmrpintos.com

Wow... I'd never taken the time to look at your site before.. your boys are both lovely! I wish I wasn't so crazy this spring - I have a 3 year old I'd breed to one of them. Maybe next year when she's 4...
    -Jessica

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

I am SO SMITTEN with Lido.

Why is it illegal to sell a kidney anyway? I've got two and really only need one...

Working on it.
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

Ooooo I've always love Palladio, but Pallido Blu is super fancy! Crestline, what are your plans with him? Are you aiming him for a career in the hunter ring as well? I can't wait to see updated pictures and a video sometime.

Wink

Yes Andrea me too!
    New pics...video...future plans..?
    I have a homozygous daughter of Sempatico...make nice babies with him! Do you plan to take him to test with RPSI?
    Martha
    Last edited by pinto power; Jun. 5, 2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: 'cause I cannot spel!
    Breeder of Quality and Colour
    Tobiano Pinto Sporthorses
    www.jmrpintos.com

I truly can NOT wait to see what Lido puts on the ground!!!

Are you breeding him to any TB mares?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I truly can NOT wait to see what Lido puts on the ground!!!

Are you breeding him to any TB mares?
    You and me both!!
    And I'd love to see how he crosses with a TB -
    My filly is a TB/Paint - mom (full TB) was third highest scoring mare in the country the year she was taken to her RPSI inspection... I just wish I was better organized - I think she'd cross nicely with him. Darn busy summer!
    -Jessica

I can't wait to see more of Lido!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Centaurian View Post
    As far as I am concerned, leadline is a legitimate reason to have children.

Thanks guys...
    I snapped a couple new pics of Lido the other day before we left. They aren't anything formal but show how he's grown up.

Pallido Blu CF

I wish I had shot video the other day when I dropped him off as Travis took him out to ground drive him and WOW oh WOW can that boy ever move. We haven't decided what ring for him yet. He's just about 60-90 days under saddle. I had a human baby in January so the past year has been a little off on the horses. We figured no biggie to wait as he's pretty easy. He settled in really well and the first thing Travis commented on was his great hind end...it really is THAT good. I swear that horse can passage just on a whim! We'll test him out over jumps sometime in the near future. I expect he'll be great as he's got power to burn from behind.

Hard to say what we'll do breeding-wise this year. I think he'll cross great on a TB as that is a total strong suit of Palladio's and they are somewhat similar but he's modern enough that I think the WB mares will be great too. Because of the two footed kid we just didn't get things rolling early enough this year. I wish now I'd bred my Gonzo mare to him. She was a bugger last year so I went with Palladio and of course she caught right away so now I'm kicking myself. ...but last month we didn't have him set up to collect so it just didn't fall into place. Now the only mare I have left to breed is him mom...for obvious reasons THAT one will go back to Palladio, lol...she just foaled out a cute orange little brother to him last night!

We are planning to present him to RPSI this Sept. In the meantime I may have to go track down an extra mare so I can have a Lido baby next spring!

My favorite thing is how well Lido took the trip since he was an unknown. I took Palladio, Lido, my two kids, my dog and a semi feral pony weanling on a trip north to the trainer...It was pretty much all day by the time we picked up and dropped off everywhere we needed to go! The boys were the easiest part, lol. Lido never got excited about any of it...so excited that he's got that great Palladio brain.

I'm going to try and get up to see him in the next 2-3 weeks and get video this time!!!
    Andrea Clibborn-Anderson
    www.crestlinefarm.com

I am a sucker for the blue eyes. There is already a Palladio daughter out of my mare on the ground so I would like to see what Lido could do with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Centaurian View Post
    As far as I am concerned, leadline is a legitimate reason to have children.

I have been talking to Crestline about putting her boy to my fancy TB this year, I think this cross will be spectacular and couldn't be more excited!

time fault-which mare do you have!?
    Andrea Clibborn-Anderson
    www.crestlinefarm.com