The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Local Hunter Circuits/Schooling Shows NC!

hey! what are some good hunter local circuits in nc or some good/nice schooling shows in eastern nc (no farther than raleigh area).

You could start by looking at the NCHJA website. There are a ton of shows listed there mostly shows that carry a "C" or draw an equivilent crowd. Some others are the EHA [also a "C" type show] series [most are in Williamston] , McNairs and Finally Farm all have nice "hunter " shows and nice class sheets.

They will also have the date and listings of the "A" ["AA"]shows including the Holiday Classsic.
    Hope this helps.
    Speak kind words,receive kind echos

thanks! i already show on the EHA circuit and am doing some NCHJA stuff also, just looking for some local/schooling stuff to do extra.

We do the Equine COuntry schooling series down near Jacksonville, Bennett Bunn NCHJA "C" shows, REALLY like going there. THere is a schooling show series just started down below Fayetteville, but I haven't gone there, off top of my head cannot remember the name of it. There are the Johnston County shows but not a big fan of those shows, altho occasionally we do go if we need someplace to get a young horse out. I used to run a schooling show series at my farm, but just didn't draw enough people to make it worthwhile. Triple Creek farm in Benson used to do a nice series but they stopped doing them a few years ago unfortunately.