The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool Eric Smiley is coming to Maryland!

Yes, I'm a little behind the power curve this year... Marlborough Horse Trials is teaming up with MCTA to present a clinic with Eric Smiley Jun 21-23. He is a wonderful clinician and we changed up the format to make it more affordable and flexible this year. Ride one day, two days or three days Dressage, Stadium and XC all offered along with a special evening at Mount Airy mansion with Eric. Go to www.marlboroughhorse.org or www.mdcta.com for more info. We are not making a profit, just providing a service and hope to be able to cover costs this year. Thanks very much.
    Donna B
    Last edited by Silver Notebook; May. 31, 2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: corrected URL

Default Lesson length?

Sounds like fun. How long are the dressage lessons?
    Thanks

Talking clinic format

PCMom,

The private Dressage lessons are approx 45 minutes and the group lesson approx 1 hour to an hour and 15 mins at Eric's discretion and group size. If he's on the verge of a breakthrough with a group or rider he will go a little over. Stadium and XC groups are also about approx an hour and 30 to two hours (dependent on group size).

I had a few questions emailed to me regarding one or two days on XC and you can choose either day that works or both if you want more! It will be fun! Hope that helps.

Donna B

Lightbulb Clarification on schedule

I've had a couple phone calls and emails on the schedule...

Dressage and Stadium runs on Monday (June 21st) and we will do XC on Tues and Weds (22-23). BUT... you do not have to to do two days of XC. You can sign up for one day, or two, or three. If there is enough interest for SJ on Tues I can fit a group in, it's just the feedback I got last year was for more XC, less other stuff!

BTW, the evening reception is awesome whether you can do the clinic or not! Good food, wine and sodas!