The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1650

I know, from Elène's post on her blog, that one of the colts was purchased to help a young and coming rider (Roberta Morris) who worked very hard and could not get money from sponsorship. She bought the one colt for that rider to train and show. And Elène had purchased the colt without telling her husband who laughed and fell in love with the colt when he did find out.
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com/2013/05/
    She was that generous!

She bought the second one to keep company to the first!
    She has bought back a few of her own horses who had found themselves in sad situations too. I am confident her husband knows her wishes for her horses and Elène, as well known as she was in the equestrian world in her region, probably had some suggestions for her horses.
    But yes, definitely, some big boots to fill.

3 members found this post helpful.

She was a bright spot here on COTH and in the world. An example to me, no doubt, of how to live each day to its fullest. Thankful she has left her imprint here on this forum... and I also suspect she has touched many in her life over the years.

Ride on, and Godspeed.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    I know, from Elène's post on her blog, that one of the colts was purchased to help a young and coming rider (Roberta Morris) who worked very hard and could not get money from sponsorship. She bought the one colt for that rider to train and show. And Elène had purchased the colt without telling her husband who laughed and fell in love with the colt when he did find out.
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com/2013/05/
    She was that generous!

She bought the second one to keep company to the first!
    She has bought back a few of her own horses who had found themselves in sad situations too. I am confident her husband knows her wishes for her horses and Elène, as well known as she was in the equestrian world in her region, probably had some suggestions for her horses.
    But yes, definitely, some big boots to fill.
    The two boys are supposed to fly over. I bred "the company one" and my friend owns the dam of Bodhi thread.

I also hope that all Élène was hoping for them, wanted for them and planned for them will tried to be archieved. Both are of real nice quality.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...95#post7079495
    post 444 on page 23 if lnk does not go directly - there are more Posts in that thread.

The one I bred you can see here: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...77#post6993977

And there should be more Posts about the two of them in the thread. Either by Kareen, Leena or Alexandra (me).
    Last edited by alexandra; Aug. 31, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    2015: Likoto- Florencio - Prince Thatch; Lissaro - Don Frederico - Prince Thatch; Edward - Sandro Hit - Rouletto

Both are lovely. It breaks my heart to read Leena's post re "having a few good years..." damn cancer, playing tricks like that.
    Will you let us know when they are flying over (in October, right?).

I hope (and I am fairly confident) that everything was in place for them and the other horses.

Thumbs up excellant!!RIP leena

Quote Originally Posted by Polydor View Post
    This sums up my feelings to a t. Such an inspiration to everyone. Will be very missed. Also hope this will be moved to the "favourites" section.

Godspeed Leena.

P.

breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

I haven't been here for a few days, and came to catch up, and now quietly leaving in tears. I so hope that there were some really good days after the June news, before the wheel turned again.

Truly truly an inspirational person, rest quietly now the battle is over.
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

4 members found this post helpful.

I thought of Elène and her family this morning at the time of the funeral... there was rumbling in the sky... must have been the hooves of so many horses coming to welcome her.

17 members found this post helpful.

I hope that there will be a thread for us to follow Elene's horses as a way to keep her kindness and spirit close. Her training thoughts for them, I hope, will continue.
    Intermediate Riding Skills

Default whicker has a grand idea !~!

Quote Originally Posted by whicker View Post
    I hope that there will be a thread for us to follow Elene's horses as a way to keep her kindness and spirit close. Her training thoughts for them, I hope, will continue.
    GRAND IDEA !~!~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

on the other thread, alibi_18 posted this:
    I've met Élène and her husband on a few occasions and I can tell they were really dedicated to their horses. She will be missed.
    I'll have the pleasure to meet the two foals, her last dream, as they will be coming to my trainer Roberta's farm.

Repose en paix Élène, prend soin de nos chevaux qui t'attendent là haut! http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/im...xM_f3u022S.gif

I hope both colts make it over and are cherished.. The breeders do post here as well!

http://www.erinstonefarm.com/index.html

1 members found this post helpful.

So sad to hear this news, thank you Elene for touching my life in such a positive way through the thoughts you expressed here, and I will always strive to remember and emulate as best I can your ethos towards horses and their training, in my own little way.

Godspeed, Elene!

I did not post in this thread but I had been following it since it began. I am very sad for her family and friends.

Where is the other thread? The link only brought up a smiley.

Whicker, here's the other thread that was linked to above: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ighlight=Elene .

Here's another from the Breeding forum: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ighlight=Elene .

(Hadn't read this thread yet)

I will post pictures and updates about the colts once they get here!

4 members found this post helpful.

Please and thank you!! I hope the owners will understand that many here loved Elène and want to know how the colts are doing!!

I wrote the new owner of the colt, Bodhi. She didn't know about our forum or our thread. She generously offered to start a new Leena Legacy thread for us to follow. Please encourage her, she is grieving too.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alibi_18 View Post
    (Hadn't read this thread yet)

I will post pictures and updates about the colts once they get here!
    Alibi, thank you so much. I had expressed interest, not because I was worried but because I thought perhaps Leena could live on through her horses here. I am so glad to know that they will be as wanted and loved as she would want them to be. I couldn't imagine anything less. I couldn't imagine any other way than Leena setting up the perfect lives for all her horses. Seems to me her hard work with them during her illness sought to secure that, and in that, she found so much joy.

Quote Originally Posted by whicker View Post
    I wrote the new owner of the colt, Bodhi. She didn't know about our forum or our thread. She generously offered to start a new Leena Legacy thread for us to follow. Please encourage her, she is grieving too.
    Dear Bodhi's mom, please join us here on the forum. If you were a friend of Leena, I can only imagine how wonderful you are. I know I'm not the only one who'd love to hear your trials, successes, and deep thoughts. Take some time to read the thread, grieve, and hopefully by the time you make it to this point in the thread, you'll want to jump right on in. The water is warm, I promise.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

6 members found this post helpful.

I've been thinking about Elene and how the situation unfolded the last few months. It seemed sad that first she got very good health news, only to have it change completely in just a couple months. I'm hoping however that the June diagnosis lightened her emotional load for that short time and gave her some time that was more carefree. If it did, she so deserved that little break from the battle.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

In her July blog, Elène mentioned that she felt pain in her shoulder and went for a scan. Two days later, her doctor told her that the tumour in her spleen had grown and invaded her diaphragm and was the cause of the pain. Elène was hoping that chemo would help again.
    "J’ai reçu cette nouvelle avec sérénité; de toute manière, je me dit que logiquement, le cancer ne pouvait rester tranquille bien longtemps et que c’était heureux que j’ai pu survivre autant d’années. Une journée est donc une de plus arrachée à la maladie, une de plus pour pouvoir monter et vivre ! Et ce sera toujours ainsi."
    In her words :"I took this news with serenity; any way, I tell myself that, logically, the cancer could not stay quiet very long and that I was lucky to survive so many years. Another day is won over the disease, one more to be able to ride and live! It will always be like that!"

Ugh... so unfair!

2 members found this post helpful.