The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1630

I'm so terribly sorry to hear this. My heartfelt condolences and cyber hugs to Leena/Elene's family and friends, from Colorado.

Godspeed, Leena.

You will always be in our thoughts and hearts as a true inspiration.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

2 members found this post helpful.

Oh no, am so sad. She inspired me so much. I imagine she was absolutely mobbed by a delighted stampede at the Rainbow Bridge. Most likely every equine there had heard about how she helped other humans learn to be softer and kinder in their dealings with the equines in their lives, and surely she thus was famous there and her arrival was much anticipated. As much as we all will miss her, I am sure she will be fast-tracked to being a very special Guardian Angel. I am going to hold fast to that thought, that she is not so much gone, as 'simply went on ahead and we will be reunited later'.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zu Zu View Post

Ride ! Woman RIDE !!!!!

Bless you for sharing life's lessons !

We will remember you often and be Inspired by you Always !!

You will be held in the 'coth heart' FOREVER !

RIDE !!!! WOMAN RIDE !!!!!
    This sums up my feelings to a t. Such an inspiration to everyone. Will be very missed. Also hope this will be moved to the "favourites" section.

Godspeed Leena.

P.

3 members found this post helpful.

She did and always will "keep the light on" for all who met and followed her words here.

Prayers of thanks to Leena.

Prayers of comfort to her family and friends.

4 members found this post helpful.

Although I did not post on this thread, I read Leena's posts regularly. She was truly a remarkable woman. My condolences to her family and all those who were close to her. Leena's energy and spirit live on.

I'm glad she is out of pain, but so sad for us that love her. I am still in tears this morning.
    I hope that one of you will post the link to her writings. Several years ago, we talked about her gathering them to make a book. Elene, we love you so much!
    Intermediate Riding Skills

The funeral home replied that people are welcome to send messages about Elène by using this address www.centrefunerairejoliette.com
    They print the messages and give them to the always appreciative families.

So let's flood the funeral homes with our messages of support and respect for Elène.

Be also warned that, when you use their format, your email will come back to your inbox, but it obviously also goes to the funeral home since they replied this morning.

I am going to send mine right now! and i will include a link to this thread and the one in the Breeding forum.

Rest in Peace Elene Sergerie. I never met Elene. However, I corresponded with her on occasion about our mutual passion - breeding horses. I have watched her journey and been in awe of her strength, her courage and her kindness. She truly showed us how to live - living life to the fullest, giving strength and encouragement to others, looking at challenges as ways to grow. God bless Elene. God bless her husband Yves and all of her loved ones. The world is a much poorer place without her shining light. But those who love her will help to shine a light in her memory.

So terribly sorry. Sorry for her family. Sorry for her friends. Sorry for all here who have been encouraged and lifted up by her strength and commitment. She will be missed.
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    The funeral home replied that people are welcome to send messages about Elène by using this address www.centrefunerairejoliette.com
    They print the messages and give them to the always appreciative families.

So let's flood the funeral homes with our messages of support and respect for Elène.

Be also warned that, when you use their format, your email will come back to your inbox, but it obviously also goes to the funeral home since they replied this morning.

I am going to send mine right now! and i will include a link to this thread and the one in the Breeding forum.
    Is sent my message and hope many follow.....she certainly deserves a few moments of our time......maybe it will help comfort her husband.
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com

Message sent.

I saw the tribute video on FalseImpression's FB page yesterday. Leena will never be forgotten.

Ride on, my friend. Ride on!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

message sent
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

I just accidentally clicked on page one instead of the last page and the first post I saw was Leena thanking us for the kind words. It shocked me a bit for a second but then I realized it wasn't an accident but instead was a very Leena/Elene like thing to do and she would be thanking and comforting us if she could.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    I hope this thread can be placed where it's always available for us to read and be inspired. Her acceptance of her illness, her determination to continue with what she loved in spite of the pain, fatigue and nausea and her quest to improve her training and riding, taking each day.s challenges as they arose and overcomimg them can be an example and lesson to us all. Her grace and class were shiningly evident to the end. Heaven rejoices at her arrival and she is free of pain and I am sure riding even more lightly and with more joy than ever before.
    Mods, can you make this a sticky please
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Yesterday I was in very bad pain from my chronic condition.....I thought of Elene/Leena and got myself to the barn and celebrated her life by "Riding Light". I thought of her the whole time I rode and it helped me immensely.
    Thank You Elene!
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com

Message sent. Thanks for the link. And thanks again to Elene for the insights to your incredible journey on this earth.

1 members found this post helpful.

Sad and happy all at once. I am so glad she is free from her pain. Sad her fiery and determined spirit had to move on.

As someone else mentioned, I can think of at least three of mine that likely mobbed her upon her arrival, eager for her attention and love.

I've pondered what plans are for her horses. And it's none of my business nor do I really want to know. I just hope, that whoever ends up with them knows what HUGE shoes they have to fill, and what an amazing gift they've been given.

Godspeed, Leena. You couldn't have fought any harder. You will be missed so SO much.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

I suppose we all knew this time was coming. Doesn't make it any easier.

Goodbye Leena. You shall be missed.
    "Fool! Don't you see now that I could have poisoned you a hundred times had I been able to live without you." Cleopatra VII

1 members found this post helpful.

So sad... I thought from Leena's post in June that she may have overcome this horrible disease.

God Bless Leena, her family and friends.