The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thanks Joyce !

That is about it..I am having fun, share my thoughts about horse, riding while ill !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

rooting for you (and talloaks!), as always.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Go Elene and Bernie!!! Stay strong, keep the fire lit. We are all here for you and watch your journeys with awe and love.

Good for you. You are amazing to keep on going and enjoying what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    Well my friends, I think the rabbit is starting to kick..

I have a great energy, went yesterday for the chemo and actually this early morning I was on my backing works with my 3 yrs old and was able to give a ride to our old mare..

Watch me out at the show !!!
    Glad to hear it!

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Well I know I am going to go..That is my choice to try to go through all this with joy and fun..Discipline and determination also.

My very good friend Bernice (Talloaks) is also affected and this made me so sad..On another hand, we met on COTH, it is fantastic, we discovered we were both Canadians, Bernie from Vancouver and I am holding in Quebec..Is'nt this magical !
    On top of this icing she share with my mother the same birthday date !

Let's go Bernie..let's beat the statistics and I am ready !

Today I rode and discovered how my lack of real good legs demand is stiffening my seat !! OMG..
    So a bit dizzy, a lots of heat here so just rode to feel those legs, experiment a couple of things and finally really feel my seat going smoothly, free..

Thanks again everybody for such a great support..It is just incredible how I feel your good thougts !
    Élène

You ALWAYS have those!!
    www.specialhorses.org

Not a day goes by that I don't visit this thread... Sending our love and admiration always.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Eq, you know I am so happy when you leave a word !

So this week-end I broke the ice with both 3 years old, rode one on my own for this first solo ride and being ponied on the other one..

One of the victim..I am pretty proud of this young gelding..Mr Muscle:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1..._photos/02.jpg

I am getting prepared for the show and tomorrow is chemo..How do I cope with all this ? I really don't know.
    How can I find the strenght to get on a 3 yrs..I really don't know. I go slowly, wait for the young horse to realise Mommy is on him and he has to behave because Mommy is going to take off otherwise...

Maybe this is my thoughts, doing so much to really put solid foundation and waiting for their signal telling me they are ready...

My energy is back down again..I am happy I did what I have planned and then crash down in the sofa..

I feel we are even stronger as we weaken..
    Élène

I am new here so haven't been able to follow your story, but you are really an inspiration. Good for you for Living your life in spite of a really crappy situation.

Well wishes for a full recovery - I hope you kick cancers butt! We've had a lot of it and lot a lot of family to it - it's a horrible, evil thing and I pray for anyone who has to deal with it.

Best wishes, please keep fighting.
    Concordia means "Harmony" in Latin.
    Full Time Dressage Addict

You are an inspiration! I wish you all the joy you can get from your riding and your life. You certainly know how to live and not just exist! I love your attitude of grabbing life by the horns... we should all aspire to live as bravely as you have. My stepdad is dealing with cancer now, and it has gotten me down and it is not even my own cancer. I shall try to have a better attitude from now on. Best wishes, I'll be thinking about you

Elene - I bet they really do know. I bet they do!
    www.specialhorses.org

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    Elene - I bet they really do know. I bet they do!
    I am sure..

I made a huge discovery and this is changing my perspective about riding a dominant horse. My grey filly gave me a BIG lesson of life..

I was riding her and I was not going anywhere the last time and she was bucking against my leg, on the forehand, resisting, even spooking !

So I told myself..Hmmmm this is not good at all, something is missing here so I tried different lenght of reins, different positions of my hands..Until I found she could teach me where she wanted my hands to be, how smooth she wanted my arms, how elastic my elbows...

So we did talk, body language conversation and within 10 minutes she just was so relax, working from behind, chewing the bit...A DREAM !

And every single second I was not OK, she moved one ears toward me, like to say..Hey Buddy, straight yourself out and dare listening to me for once ! You taught me what was a good ride so now behave !

I thought about this experience and now this has changed totally my thought about dominance and why it can be difficult to ride those horse. They know what kind of rider they want, they won't twisted themselves to fit into the ride..No way !

On another hand, they are GREAT TEACHERS..They will adress the rider's weakness and actually we need a deep forgiveness for not listening..They don't charge one penny for these coachings ! Or they will send you for a flight over the fences..

My other filly, the cuty pie Orla..she has no confidence in herself so she rely totally in the rider and will twist herself into the ride the more she can..
    That kind can be ruined pretty fast under bad hands and probaly would join those who suffer or disconnect from the rider..

It was a great and neat experience, where I really felt the responsability over my shoulders more than ever...
    Before I felt, but now no more excuse..I need to become better for the goods of the horse and I am improving !!!

On health side, well..I am afraid the rabbit has stopped to run..Pain increase since last week..I just focus on the show and I will think about these pains later..after the show..
    Élène

Best of luck with the show and bring back some videos and pictures.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Elene - truly, those horses are the best teachers!

And wishing you long periods free from pain and full of energy!!!
    www.specialhorses.org

Sending good thoughts your way.

Leena --Wish I could be at that show to groom for you, cheer for you, etc.
    Have a wonderful time and just let your greenies do their thing!!
    Hugs from Sylvia

That will be my pleasure to show some good pics !

Thanks for wishing me good luck ! So far weather forecast are good, sunny and hot. The girls are used to this and I have been riding them, training for that purpose.

Otherwise I am just looking to gave each of them a good experience !

Thanks for all your support in my journey !
    Élène

Best of Luck and ENJOY ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Hi Elene.

Have fun at the show. We are all rooting for you! I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy your lovely greenies. I will be sending you happy thoughts..
    Robin