The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1630

Leena, I'm new to the forums but have read your struggles and triumphs. I'm so glad that you've been able to continue riding and enjoying yourself throughout this difficult time and I do hope that you will have many more good rides to come.

Default Jingles for the pain to dissipate and more Rides on the Grey Mare ~

Jingles & AO for the pain to dissipate and for more

Sunshine rides on your lovely grey mare ~

Thinking of you ~ ((hugs))
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Thinking about you, Leena. I'm so glad you could ride, despite the pain.

I think of you when I ride and about how I can make everything "effortless" for my horses (both geldings, but you make me want to climb on my old mare again).

Blessings your way. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

I have really been inspired by your posts-I have had to rebound from a serious illness as well. Mine occurred seven years ago and I have struggled to recover and continue to do long-distance riding.You learn to be very strategic with how you spend your time and who you spend your time with...these are important lessons we all need to learn.I'm not sure how my story is going to end,but you are incredibly brave and inspiring. Prayers for a full recovery.

Arabracer,

Neither I know how mine will evolve. What is important I believe is the quality of the day I live, wether or not I am in a position to ride. Sometimes I am so weak, nothing to do than go to my barn and hug my beast.

So I have found good families for 2 of them lately. My grey mare went to a show home with a very nice and competant lady. Hauled 2 hours and passed the long vet check without moving a cheeck. Everybody felt in love with her.

It has been a while I slowly cutt off my attachement toward my horses. I would have love to keep them all but it is not possible.

With 2 young horses remaining at home, it is easier. Teaching them the bases is easier for me than riding and training 1st and 2nd level. It is not the same game, the same lenght of time .
    Right now, they are slowly adapting to the lost of their buddies.

Following the last pain crisis, I feel a pain in the left side around the low rib cage, so speaking to the doctor about it and after palpation of the region, she will send me to a test since she feels it might be a bone metastase and if it is, I might have some radiotherapy to help releiving the pain.

She has also changed the medication, increased the morphine and fill up paperwork so I can get a nurse at home in the near future. Well in the afternoon of the same day, I had 3 calls from the medicare service to check on my needs. WOW ! In Canada, the health system is free and supposely not working well..It is not my experience so far.

Meantime, I am able to ride on a regular base, maybe 3 time a week, wich is not bad for someone like me.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Land of palms, rattlesnakes, sand and fields of beautiful Tbs

Leena,
    I have followed your thread almost since your first post but I rarely post on COTH and until now, have never posted here. Now, I feel I must make a comment.
    Your bravery and strength in the face of such a strong and unrelenting opponent has been nothing short of an inspiration. For every person who does post on this thread, there are probably many more like me who keep you in our prayers and sometimes come to this COTH forum just to check on you.
    Thank you for sharing this journey with us, never changing your plan and being such a positive influence for us all.
    You will continue to be in my prayers and my hope is that you will have many, many more gorgeous days and happy rides.
    Piney Woods

What Piney said. You are a true inspiration to all of us.

Leena, like so many here I've followed this thread but never posted before. This thread is such a treasure. I feel so privileged to have come to know you through it. You're so right about the things our horses give us. I just recently had back surgery and it will be some months yet before I'm able to ride. But the first time that I was able to drive out to the barn after surgery - to be able to share an apple, feel his soft breath against my cheek - it filled me with such peace and happiness. Thank you for the gifts that you give all of us with your posts.
    Last edited by susie09; Sep. 2, 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Correct typo

Leena,
    I know you've heard this many times before, but you truly are an inspiration, and a very brave and tough woman.

People will all kinds of illnesses, should read about your determination to push forward and remain so optimistic at this very bad time in your life.

God Bless you,
    Judith

Thinking of you
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Élène,

I rarely post on this forum but I wanted you to know that you have made such a huge impact on so many lives. Your strength and courage against such an unrelenting opponent humbles me. I pray for the powers that be to continue giving you many more rides in the sun.

Thank you for showing us the meaning of true grace under pressure.

You are never far from my heart and my thoughts,

Marsha

Prayers for pain relief headed your way. Hang in there.

Last week, I brought my greenbeans to my friend's place; she has a very good dressage facilities, at 15 minutes driving.
    I thought hauling, driving the 15 minutes would be a good training opportunities for my babies.

We stayed for 4 days.

For Drakkar, it was his second time out of the farm; for Dynamite, her first time and both were fantastic. I was able to ride both on day 3 and day 4, then we left right after.
    My big Drakkar gave me such a good ride on day 4 that I think I will come back for a clinic with him only on tuesday.There is one with Margret Dieckermann and she is so good with young horses !

My friend has a very big arena and a very large training ring outside, with lots of space for cantering the young horse, which was actually my goal being overthere.

To tell the truth, this little activity has been really hard on me. It was still very hot and riding 2 young horses back to back for 2 days on the row was something. If day 3 was the worst, I saw a great improvement of my condition on day 4, felt better..
    My dad, hubby..and everybody around told me it was too much, I had to rest..Well I thought when I'll be in heaven, I will rest...For now, there is no opportunities to miss !

The day after we were back, I got another pain crisis and with the recent meds adjustment, the crisis is easier to manage. Anyway I though I would have one, even if I had stayed home, even if I did not pushed myself.

Those moments, where I am with horses lovers and in a training barn, when both my greebeans acted so well..Those moments are priceless.
    When I feel something is happening with them, they are learning in a confident way..This is giving me such a good boost !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Good luck at the clinic, hope the horses continue to shine for you!

You rock. Have a fantastic day.

Leena, you are AMAZING
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

{{{Leena}}}

Leena, you are indeed a wonderful person. Good luck at the clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    Those moments, where I am with horses lovers and in a training barn, when both my greebeans acted so well..Those moments are priceless.
    When I feel something is happening with them, they are learning in a confident way..This is giving me such a good boost !
    And what a boost you give us. Carry on, Leena. I hope you have many more wonderful rides.

Wow - though the drive was short, the project was pretty big taking two youngsters for a multi day outing. Congrats to you for the effort I'm sure it took, and I did chuckle at the "I can rest in heaven" comment.
    Hope that Tuesday clinic (tomorrow?) goes well also.

Press on, girl!
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........