The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 55 of 83 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1650

Thanks Arabianstock for witness about ascite. Still I hope I'll have a couple of weeks until it get really bad enough to get it drained.

This week-end I rode in level 1, did not made any mistake, was more precised so we got really good marks. I like it went up from 3 weeks ago which means we are getting good even if we did not train all winter.
    The grey mare is ready for level 2 but she is only 6 and many many years ahead to perform higher level and I wish I will find her a good home. She is darn intelligent and start to act funny everytime someone show up. Last time she started caughing real loud..no comment.

Last week a friend of mine went to help me with the leg yield and Shannon went all over the place..I told her my friend was not a potential buyer lol

Today I rode my younger one, Drakkar and Dynamite. Both went really well so I live a terrific week so far. Even if I ride them only once a week, we are starting to do really nice things and otherwise they are growing in the pasture.

That is about it !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Wonderful news about the show! Your best mark ever!

You and your horses are amazing.

Best wishes,

Valerie

Leena, you inspire and astound me. Your horses are certainly blessed to have found you. No wonder Shannon resists potential buyers!

May you have many more rides in the sun. Congrats on the show! And please keep us up-to-date on your story. You bring a real sense of perspective to our everyday dramas.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Your best score ever? Wow. I am now as always in complete awe of you!
    ME TOO! Way to go. Here's wishing you many sunny days and wonderful rides

Élène, I hope you are ok in this heat!! I don't imagine you are riding much though ... it is just too hot for man or beast! Take care!

I finally found the right saddle for my grey mare and so excite about the outcome.

So sunday, I had Schleese people at the barn and we tried about 2 or 3 saddles to finally put my choice on a Link II, which fit perfectly.

Since, this week I enjoy working Shannon into that new saddle, enjoy watching all little things she was doing vanished, as head shaking, grunging her bit, and pushing really from behind, and she has a more even contact.

Something was probably blocking her shoulder since with the new saddle, she seems to have lost her balance and be pulling on the rein real hard. I hope with transitions works, lateral work, she will come back with a conffy contact in the reins and find her balance again.

Today she gave me a couple of good strikes and good moments also in the walk.

The week has been HOT, so I rode short period, gave a lot of shower and walk around more than anything else.

I knew and seen horse behavior change over with the right saddle and this is happening again.

I am doing ok under that warmt time; actually I am freezing most of the time so this weather is perfect to me. I have problem with low blood pressure once in a while. Otherwise I feeling really well.
    Élène

Glad to see your update! My youngsters need an appointment with the saddle fitter. I wish they could talk!

Hey Leena,

Be sure and drink lots of water in the heat and also have a wonderful weekend! I am so glad to hear you are feeling well. Give Dynamite a hug for me.

Default Great update ~ new saddle !

Great update ~

Glad the new saddle is perfect for your grey mare ~

ENJOY !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Nice to know you are feeling well...enjoy your week!

The new saddle is really a God's gift for Shannon and I. She completely change, less anxious, no more head shaking, no more chewing the bit.

I knew the saddle was not fitting but never at this point ! Shannon already forgive since she evolve really fast and already not pulling on the rein so much..It is coming along.

Even thoug, the heat wave was good on me, I got tired a lot and probably the low blood pressure is back. I had to rest for the last 2 days, could not do anything.

Even if I feel well, even if I am positive, there is things I need to fight all the time. My belly is getting big and hard on touch, that fatigue I don't listent most of the time.
    Last time I rode, I got really weak. On one hand it is scary since I feel dizzy and not really strong. On another hand, my riding is better and this keeps my elastic elbows and I use my seat deeper.

The young mare can be hard to ride as she is a real mare but she loves me and appreciate my efforts to ride well so much.
    So that day, someone got in trouble with his horse not far from us, and suddenly someone else lost control of her's so the horse went running around with the longe flotting around, there were cars also...She stood quietly, looking at all this without moving a hoove.

I felt I was in good hands at this point.
    Élène

You gave a gift to her (a better fitting saddle) and she gave one back to you. Sometimes, the small things matter the most. You have done a really wonderful job with this mare!!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Nice to hear an update from you, Leena.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post

The young mare can be hard to ride as she is a real mare but she loves me and appreciate my efforts to ride well so much.
    So that day, someone got in trouble with his horse not far from us, and suddenly someone else lost control of her's so the horse went running around with the longe flotting around, there were cars also...She stood quietly, looking at all this without moving a hoove.

This just made me smile. Thanks for the update. Bless you and your lovely mare, Leena.

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    Even if I feel well, even if I am positive, there is things I need to fight all the time. My belly is getting big and hard on touch, that fatigue I don't listent most of the time.
    Last time I rode, I got really weak. On one hand it is scary since I feel dizzy and not really strong. On another hand, my riding is better and this keeps my elastic elbows and I use my seat deeper.

She feels it is her turn to take care of you, because you have done such a wonderful job bringing her along. Her gift to you

Leena you have many people praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way. Your story is an inspiration to everyone; my best friend's sister is going through her third bout with this vindictive disease as well.Why does it seem that more and more people are dealing with cancer of one form or another or is it just that with the 'world getting smaller' we simply hear more about it?
    All the best to you. Enjoy your riding!

How are you doing in this heat again?
    Thinking of you!!

Leena - just checking in to say that I hope you are still doing some riding and that you are not struggling too much with pain and fatigue. please know that many are thinking of you and sending the best prayers that we can.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

I too hope you are well in this heat, and count me among the large group of people amazed and inspired by your determination.
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Hi Leena,

Thinking of you as always. How are your young horses? Ours is much slower in the heat of summer so he's easier to ride.. Hope yours are listening well and not complaining too much about the weather.

Warm Regards,

Pru