The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1663

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    Elene, you continue to be my inspiration. The mare looks lovely. And best of luck on your saddle search!
    I could not have said it better!
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you this morning, Elene. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

I am doing just fine !

These days, medication is constantly increased but I adapt really well. I am riding and coaching my young horses the right way. I can see their progress every week.

The first show after a 5 months break and only 2 weeks of real training was just great. My young grey mare and I were placed 4th on 7 which is really good for me. Hey ! beating some healthy people was a great reward.

The second show is scheduled for this week-end and today I rode my mare after a week break, due to bad weather, opening of the field, her heat and she was so good !

Despite the fact I have fatigue problems, I do feel ok and strong enough to ride well and train well. I wish this last for a long long time.
    I gain weight again which is also goo news.

My doctor told me I am afected by the Maxwell House syndrome, which is Good until the last drop ! This brings me a large smile..
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

You are absolutely good to the last drop! Hopefully there is still plenty in the cup for now, I am enjoying the ride!

What a nice update! So glad to hear that you are feeling good and getting in the training on your kids! Good luck at the next show and keep us all posted.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    I am doing just fine !

These days, medication is constantly increased but I adapt really well. I am riding and coaching my young horses the right way. I can see their progress every week.

The first show after a 5 months break and only 2 weeks of real training was just great. My young grey mare and I were placed 4th on 7 which is really good for me. Hey ! beating some healthy people was a great reward.

The second show is scheduled for this week-end and today I rode my mare after a week break, due to bad weather, opening of the field, her heat and she was so good !

Despite the fact I have fatigue problems, I do feel ok and strong enough to ride well and train well. I wish this last for a long long time.
    I gain weight again which is also goo news.

My doctor told me I am afected by the Maxwell House syndrome, which is Good until the last drop ! This brings me a large smile..
    Great update!
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Glad things are going so well. Good luck at the show this weekend.

Wonderful news, Leena. Keep on truckin' !
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Happy to have caught this update! Have been up and down with my own riding for a few months so I can appreciate how great it feels when you are able to get back up there. Best wishes for this coming show, Leena!

Oh, Elene, your update warms my heart. I can't tell you how happy I am to know that you and your horses continue to enjoy each other. Good to the last drop, indeed. Your doctor sounds like a good soul.
    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tailsofglory

Default RIDE & RIDE & RIDE ! ENJOY !

RIDE & RIDE & RIDE ! ENJOY !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE ! "

Bonnes, très bonnes nouvelles, Élène!
    Bonne chance à la compétition cette semaine!!!

Yesterday's show went really well.

I was feeling really relax and I think this translate into a smooth riding. I got my best mark ever, both ride over 60's and I placed 5th and 3rd on 7 . I am so proud of myself and my young mare !

I decide to stay at this place for a month and get to practice on real size ring which I don't have at home and manage to go on trails with good friends over there.

My belly is growing and I suspect ascite is there unfortunately. Otherwise I feel well enough to enjoy summer as far as I can.
    Élène

YAY!! Congratulations, Elene! I am so happy for you and so glad that you and your mare had fun and did so well at the show!

As for the abdominal fluid, will your doctor drain it if it causes you discomfort?

As always, you continue to be an inspiration and a contagious fountain of joy. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for that!
    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tailsofglory

Wonderful update, Elene, and we are proud of you too! So glad you can stop awhile at a barn that has good facilities as well as trails. There is nothing like a peaceful hack with friends on a summer afternoon to restore the soul.

Thanks so much !

Yes Jackie, we talk about eventual drainage but, as always, it will be another step and hope it won't be for this month.

As far as I am concern right now, Joy is carrying me. I don't ressent any fear of any kind, just go with the flow !
    Élène

You atttitude and spirit are amazing!

Keep up the riding and have fun. We are all pulling for you to live for many years to come. And pain free. And riding daily.

Leena you are absolutely amazing and awe inspiring! Keep up the good spirits and positive thinking, it has carried you so far.

Don't be afraid to have the ascyties (sp?) drained. My sister had to have it done several times, and she always felt great relief after.

Your horses are beautiful and are a reflection of yourself. Take care and am keeping you in my prayers.

Default NICE ! ``` Jingles & AO ``` Sunshine & Riding ```

NICE ! Jingles & AO ~

SUNSHINE & RIDING ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE ! "

Your best score ever? Wow. I am now as always in complete awe of you!