The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1630

I've said this many times and I know I'll say it many more ...

Elene, I think of you often. Your insights have helped me a lot, both on and off my horse. I thank you and my horse thanks you, too.

I wish you many days of sunshine and look forward to more reports on your riding.
    Last edited by mp; Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM.

Hoping May brings kinder, warmer weather your way. I know I ride much better in bright sunshine, even in the arena! Kick on, as the eventers, say, Leena!
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

Thinking of you today as always. Stay strong!

Sending best wishes as you get ready for your show this weekend.

Hoping it's a lovely time with nice weather and joyful relaxed tests.

Take care, Elene.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Thanks to everybody !

Yup show is coming and I have heard already 50 horses will be in the competition.

I will go for the milleage since my 2 greenies are more jumper style than hunter style type of horse.
    So we have been practicing the trailer the jog and I change a couple of things to really work on anxiety of any kind, check how many minutes each of them need to yield and come down. I just hope they'll both act well on sunday...

Otherwise I am ok if I don't forget my med as I did yesterday..Oh boy ! I should not mess with this.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

I am relieved to hear that you forgot you meds and that is why you had a rough time yesterday! That is great news but don't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm View Post
    Elene, I hope you realize that one of the reasons you were born was to create in others the ability to stop and appreciate the small blessings in life. Your journey thru the "valley of the shadow of death" has given us all the opportunity to rethink what is important - giving, sharing, loving, and gratitude. Because you are unselfish enough to open up your life to us, we are given a gift. I am so grateful, and I have been changed because of you! I believe God puts people in our paths for specific reasons. You were sent to teach us the simple art of appreciation. Thank you!
    This is so true, and eloquently said. You inspire us, and will continue to even after you have passed through the portal into eternity. I do hope and pray that 'that day' is far off in the future, however!
    Last edited by sdlbredfan; May. 2, 2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: typo
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Un petit bonjour de France où il pleut beaucoup! Je pense à vous et doublerai mes pensées dimanche! C'est à Blainville? Ma belle-fille va peut-être y aller en spectatrice! Bonne chance!! et n'oubliez plus vos médicaments!!

Default GOOD LUCK `` ENJOY YOUR SHOW !

GOOD LUCK & ENJOY YOUR SHOW !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Good luck and have a great time tomorrow

Thanks everyone !

I'll give the feedback for the sunday show and NO ! I won't forget my med..do not worry about that...
    We are supposed to have a nice weather..so this is going to help.
    Élène

Thinking about you today and hoping you are going to have a sound sleep tonight with a smile on, dreaming about your wonderful rides today.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Default HOPING IT WAS A GRAND TIME ! WITH SUNSHINE !

HOPING IT WAS A GRAND WEEKEND SHOW WITH SUNSHINE ~

ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR THE 'LEENA REPORT WITH PICS'

Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

I did go go to the show..

Yesterday I drove to the showground and was schoked to see so many horses..Over a 100 easily.
    I tried to imagine myself with the 2 young 4 years old and my stomach crunch.

This is really not the place for me, I am really to sick for this..told myself. So I did 2 hours driving, was ok for amoment then plain crash for a couple of ours. I felt really sad, but there is nothing I can do about it..

So totay, I stay home and ride my youngest Dynamite and Shannon..

http://youtu.be/Vmb_e1n9XNE
    http://youtu.be/xz5psnpZy_s

There is others too. Have a good time to watch.

Pain is still growing and take me more and more pills to get control over it.

I look at the next dressage show and really think about it..Will I be ready for 2 First level tests..I need to answer this question in the next 2 weeks..
    Élène

I'm sorry things didn't work out for the show. But in the long run, the horses got some trailering experience. You were wise enough to know that with a crowd of other horses there, and you not feeling so well, that you might risk giving the young ones a bad showing experience, so you left before that happened.

I hope that you enjoy the warmth and sunshine today, and that your horses give you some great rides.

Love that grey.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

When I was having radiation, I planned to go one day and then drive over 2 hours for a lesson, by myself. I had everything ready to go as soon as I was home from the treatment. Coming home, it just hit me that I couldn't do it, no energy. I was able to enjoy my horses in other ways, though, and I know you will too.
    Have a good day.

Ooooo, I LOVE Shannon! Not only pretty, but elastic, athletic and intelligent, to boot! Very nice!
    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tailsofglory

Leena, you are amazing! I was just reading some of this and your positivity and grace really are inspirational. I'm humbled. My horses have blessed my life and I'm grateful that you have your beautiful horses to bless yours. And they have you! All my best.

Well, I am happy you enjoy my riding !

Shannon, the grey mare is really something; yesterday we did some renvers and travers just at walk and I caught the moment when she undersood the renvers..I love riding this mare and hope someone will eventually. She has changed so much with her 5 months holliday; it has been a couple of years I am doing this, leaving a young horses in pasture rest for months and I appreciate the benefit.

It was the turn of Drakkar yesterday to be ridden; I will put some pictures later on.

Since I have not really work myself for a couple of months, I need to adress my legs position, my shoulders's too. Get also a remind of letting my arms looser.
    I'll also try to find a way to make the tests effortless..I don't know how but I will.

I have a 3 days off since rain has taken on..That is welcome since I am sore all over the place...
    Élène