The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1638

thinking of you and wanted to let you know.....Keep riding!
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    But so far, I am enjoying riding, feeling the joy of the horses and enjoying every day !
    bless you Leena, you are an inspiration.

Here's 2 nice pictures of my last baby, Dynamite de Grey.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...s/DSCF7550.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...s/DSCF7488.jpg

It is so funny as she appears to be bigger than I see her everyday. She is builded like an eventual jumper prospect.

I am going to show her for the first time at a breeder show in Blainville on May 6h and look forward at judges's comments.

Otherwise, the dose were raised today and I am seriously thinking about my driving capacity with 60 mg under the belt..I shall see.
    But it does not have any effects on my riding so far.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

I hope you post photos from the show and am glad that your riding is not effected by the meds.

I enjoyed looking through all your albums today!

Joyce

What sort of breeding does this one have, Leena? She looks as though she is quite the independent sort. I hope you have fine weather for the show.

Valerie

Quote Originally Posted by draftdriver View Post
    What sort of breeding does this one have, Leena? She looks as though she is quite the independent sort. I hope you have fine weather for the show.

Valerie
    Dynamite is an anglo hanoverian, by Dr. Pepper (Drosselklang II/Genever) o/o Alsace Lorraine (Bold Executive/Worthington/Dewans Keys)

We used Pepper 2 times with our Canadian mare and this one with our TB mare. He throwed out big babies so far.

This filly loves to jump, has a beautifull natural technique but since I start them all in dressage, I don't really work on jumping, except I love pole work. I figure that her eventual owner will if this is his discipline.
    She could do well in eventing.
    Élène

Best of luck at the show, she is lovely!

Dear Leena:

I am just seeing this thread for the first time and I read pages 1-8. By reading just those few pages I cryed for you, I cheered for you, I've learned from you, and I also JUST leaned not to take my young horse too seriously, to be patient, to take a step back and learn to understand him more, to let myself understand in understanding him. I sincerely THANK YOU.

Upon page 8 I noticed the date on the page of 2010. I was overcome with saddness in thinking that what if I did not get the opportunity to thank you so I hopped right to the last page and with a sigh of relief I am happy you are just as bright and forth moving as you are still. You horses are simply beautiful, you are simply beautiful.

Now... I am going back to the end of page 8 to read your journey and success. When I get back to the last page I hope to read about more accomplishments and happiness from you.

A little late but I am sorry for the loss of your Mom.

Talloaks, You also push through and says strong HUGS

Ozone, many thanks !

Talloaks has passed away in 2011; she could not make it through.

So I am still holding the flag very high, live and ride for all cancer survivor who does not have the chance to be around horse, for the one who are too sick, too weak to do anything.

It is so important to give time to the young horse ! I have my older filly, now a nice and so sweet young gray mare. This winter I gave her a 5 months break because of my incapacity to ride in cold weather and now she is sooo good !

She picked up some strenght in her back, is such a smooth ride so I'd say to myself, it was a good gift to give her.

Weather is really bad up here and I hope it will turn around very soon; I am already missing riding, even if it is just a few days.
    Élène

[QUOTE=Leena;6275676]Ozone, many thanks !

Talloaks has passed away in 2011; she could not make it through.

So I am still holding the flag very high, live and ride for all cancer survivor who does not have the chance to be around horse, for the one who are too sick, too weak to do anything.

QUOTE]

Oh Talloaks so sorry so very very sorry.

I am on page 16 now. What a journey, what an inspiration you are. Hoping the weather turns a bit sunnier for you so you can ride and we can see more stunning pictures of those horses of yours

This thread started because of your health but if time is taken to read this whole thread, the education that is to be learned in many aspects, is truly amazing!

To many happy rides Leena!

Thank you Leena for being a ray of hope.

Default GOOD LUCK ON MAY 6TH ```

GOOD LUCK FOR YOU AND YOUR FILLY ON MAY 6TH ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Best of luck at the show May 6th, I am sure you will do well...

y o u a r e a m a z i n g!

Hi there -

It's a sunny day in my part of the world and I was thinking of you, hoping you are seeing the same sunshine and you are riding with joy and lightness today.

If you can and want to think back to when you were first diagnoised (you don't have to if you don't want too) What were your riding goals then? I think you only had the now older mare at that time is that right?

I assume her training is far different than what you have accomplished with the young horses? Since now you have learned to ride different due to your disability and learned lightness and joy.

Was training young horses your goal before you were diagnosed or was this your goal to get a few youngesters strated and going well before your time?

I apologize if I seem out of place to you with asking these questions, I know its alot to think back on. My reason for asking is I want to know ALL about your start to now in how you learned to ride completly different, you learned leg and seat and balance and lightness in a whole other wonderful aspect. I know it's a lot to ask but you are this beautiful wealth of information, you inspire me an I don't want to miss out on ANYTHING you have to say!

Horse stuff aside .... Here's the hoping you have an abundance of energy today

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post

If you can and want to think back to when you were first diagnoised (you don't have to if you don't want too) What were your riding goals then? I think you only had the now older mare at that time is that right?
    When I was diagnosted, I had about 7 young horses from 2 months old to 4 years old. My now 6 years old is borned in 2006, so she was a yearling.

Before the diagnostic, I had my great mare Leena which I bought in 2001 and I was looking to make the dressage high level with her. My plans were to get trained by the best trainers in Quebec and maybe Ontario, attempted clinics and all stuff. Leena had and still has since I sold her to a good friend of mine, great potential. She is right now 4th level.

I assume her training is far different than what you have accomplished with the young horses? Since now you have learned to ride different due to your disability and learned lightness and joy.
    Well, the thing is, when you are on chemos and all the other meds every 3 weeks, you are very different as a personn, please, take a look of my album on webshots and you will see that along the way with different medicine and treatment, my body size, appearance and shape has changed a lot during those last 5 years.

I had to look for another way of riding since I had no strenght, some balance problems so Yes, it force me to look at my fears, my judgements and also to think more about a way to start horse on a more secure way. I have a port, I had a surgery which leave me with no abdos for a long time and the fact that cancer and chemos left me with a more fragile state than before.

Was training young horses your goal before you were diagnosed or was this your goal to get a few youngsters strated and going well before your time?
    I was starting young horses before. My dream was to train some good horses and then have some young talented riders to get to show them with me.

I apologize if I seem out of place to you with asking these questions, I know its alot to think back on. My reason for asking is I want to know ALL about your start to now in how you learned to ride completly different, you learned leg and seat and balance and lightness in a whole other wonderful aspect. I know it's a lot to ask but you are this beautiful wealth of information, you inspire me an I don't want to miss out on ANYTHING you have to say!

Horse stuff aside .... Here's the hoping you have an abundance of energy today
    Well , along all those pages, I wrote down most of the discoveries I made and with pictures.
    Élène

In fact, the support I receive from this thread , the fact some people told me how much I help them in their own situation, the fact I took this reason to write and to explain what was happening in my riding..

At the beginning of this journey I had no clue what would be happening and I am so happy I went through and learn so many things about life, about inner strenght and off course about horses, especially young one.
    Élène

Hey girl - you have learned the most about your self ! Glad you shared it.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Default AN INSPIRATION TO ALL` NOT JUST HORSE PEOPLE ~ BLESS YOU & THANK YOU LEENA ~

AN INSPIRATION TO ALL ... NOT JUST HORSE PEOPLE ~

HELPING US ALL WITH LIFE ISSUES AND HORSE ISSUES ~

BLESS YOU ~ AND SENDING WISHES FOR MORE AND MORE AND MORE SUNSHINE RIDES ~

((HUGS & HAPPINESS WITH HORSES))

AND A HUGE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SHARING HERE ON COTH ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Hey girl - you have learned the most about your self ! Glad you shared it.
    That is what I love reading about.. that you have learned so much more about yourself Leena and you are sharing it with us.

Thanks for writing back to my post. I feel like I know you from a far.

Here's to a day full of feeling good and riding!