The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

We love you Leena.

Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy your lovely horses, spring flowers, and sunny days.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

I wish you days to enjoys your horses. I know you will make the most of them. I hope you can keep on, keeping on.

Leena - so sorry to hear that the pain is getting harder to manage. But know always that you have many fans here on COTH who are sending you thoughts of strength, of happiness and of peace.

Remind me again about your horses - is it just the filly and the gelding, or do you others? They sound lovely and I hope their training program goes well!
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Default Easter Greetings for Leena and her horses ```

EASTER GREETINGS FOR LEENA AND HER HORSES ```

JINGLES THE DAY IS FILLED WITH HORSE ACTIVITIES ````

AND A SUNSHINE RIDE !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Thanks everyone !

Actually I have 3 young horses and one old mare. Drakkar, Dynamite and Shannon.
    Drakkar is broken w/t/c, Dynamite is w/t and ready to pick up more, Shannon is confirmed level 1.

So I am looking to ride all of them once they are in good shape. Winter is long and this year, only Drakkar went on boarding, otherwise Dynamite and Shannon had a 5 months break and Drakkar a 3 months.
    I though that might be too much for this is actually a very good thing since everybody has improved anyway.
    This makes me feel good since any rider with experience can come up and ride them with fun. They are well educated which I am pleased; I won't let any carbage job behind me.

When I ride, only my energy level waste fast, I actually suffer a couple of hours after, let's say 2 or 3.
    My enemy is driving; I can control with lots of med but in fact, what is going to happen is when the occlusion will be total. May happen in any days.

I am ok with the issue. To all my friend cothers; you wanted to walk with me, so let's walk ! this is my share of this journey with the bad and good of everyday.

This disease has taught me so much about release, about living the moment and how attitude is more important than anything else. Also that riding does not require any strenght, but willingness to be in the movement and be ready to feel what joy is horse essence, dancing is their song and peace their forgiveness.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Thank you for your post
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Your posts to have been a gift to us, Leena. And your good training has been a gift to your horses. Happy Easter, may you still have days of riding and sunshine.

Leena, may there be many days of sunshine and riding ahead.

Valerie

Happy Easter Elene. I'm happy to read you are enjoying the youngsters. They are so beautiful and have learned so much from the gifts you have given them. I hope that you have many more days of peaceful riding.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

The heck with walking, I would gladly carry you the rest of the way! You have been such an inspiration in my life that it is the least I could do! You are lucky I live far away otherwise you would find me camped out on your doorsteps bearing gifts of home cooked things to show my gratitude on a regular basis.

Leena,

Because of you, I will remember to ride with joy.

What Laurie said. I don't ride, but I can understand how inspirational you are to riders.
    Patience, acceptance, love of horses, strength and courage... you teach everyone of us something... to carry on in the face of adversity and difficulty. To accept the challenges, to look forward and not spend energy fighting what you can't really win.
    Toujours dans nos pensées!!

Thumbs up Amen!

You are such a strong reminder of all things good and noble in our life here; May the love of the risen Lord keep you safe and as comfortable as possible; I'm sure Bernie is looking on and cheering for you, though in English but, then, we horsewomen speak a love language of our own!

Quote Originally Posted by sdlbredfan View Post
    If only your occlusion could be treated as easily as a horse's obstructive colic, just removal of the bad spot. If that is not a mass that can be surgically removed, then I hope and pray you will be able to keep riding and that riding will continue to suppress your pain during that time.
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Happy Easter Élène. Wishing you many sunshine filled days of riding. Thank you for taking us along on your journey.

Élène, this can't be said enough: you ARE an inspiration! We will always be with you and I can promise you, we will carry you in our hearts and minds for the rest of our lives. As long as you are loved, you are not forgotten. And as long as you are remembered, you live on. You've touched us all in such loving and amazing ways that you will have immortality through us.
    I wish you sunny days and riding for as long as possible.
    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tailsofglory

Happy Easter Leena, you are an inspiration to all. We will gladly walk/ride/ carry you.

I can't say anything better than Laurie and others, but I want to thank you so much for allowing us on your journey with you. Every time I have a moment of frustration with any of my horses I think of you and remind myself to approach them with lightness and joy (I don't ride much, but have found this also applies to ground work and everyday chores).

I hope you are enjoying a beautiful sunny day and time with your beautiful horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post
    You are such a strong reminder of all things good and noble in our life here; May the love of the risen Lord keep you safe and as comfortable as possible; I'm sure Bernie is looking on and cheering for you, though in English but, then, we horsewomen speak a love language of our own!
    For sure Bernie (Bernice Ball)is watching..And I am thinking of her very often. She was such a good breeder and horse lover !

Ha ! Laurie, I am sure we would enjoy siting on a deck and talking about life, horse and riding..with a nice cookie and a cup of thea of coffee...

Thanks everyone to share also, to come and tell so many good words. Yes I am blessed with good horses and they have a good time over my place. Last week I went to visit one friend and there were to of my horses in the barn. When they heard me, they were all over the place, so happy to see me !
    I was good for lots of hugs. After more than a year, it felt good to see them again. They have not forget the good time !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Elene, I hope you realize that one of the reasons you were born was to create in others the ability to stop and appreciate the small blessings in life. Your journey thru the "valley of the shadow of death" has given us all the opportunity to rethink what is important - giving, sharing, loving, and gratitude. Because you are unselfish enough to open up your life to us, we are given a gift. I am so grateful, and I have been changed because of you! I believe God puts people in our paths for specific reasons. You were sent to teach us the simple art of appreciation. Thank you!
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Default SENDING SUNSHINE JINGLES ~ AO ~ MORE RIDES ~

SENDING SUNSHINE JINGLES ~ AO ~ MORE RIDES ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"