The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thanks ! It is such a great therapy to be around horses, such a joy to be back riding..My abdo feels a bit sore but that is ok !

As far my meds mix is Naproxin, Neurontin, Hydromorph, Aldol and another to protect my stomach...
    When we raise Hydromorph, this is where I have the nausea and vomitting problem but Aldol is helping right now.
    I still have very good eating habits, my veggies from my garden I froze and prepare.

Also, I broke my meal in several small ones, not to surcharge my stomach.

But riding is so good ! Still the best way to keep me going and to forget about the pain.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Three cheers for you being back to riding! The therapeutic value to us "horse people" is amazing. Hoping your weather stays decent so you can continue to get on fairly regularly - no spring storms!
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

I hope this spring is a happy one for you and your horses!

So after 5 days, I am so surprised of myself !

I am sore on every piece of my body but did not forget the buttons ! It is almost like I never stopped.

This is very good news and what was so funny all over those years is still there; no pain while riding ! WOW I am going to have a few months to feel joy, to ride in the sun..I feel so blessed !
    Élène

Cool EXCELLENT !!!!! ENJOY !!! HORSES AND SUNSHINE !

Excellent !!! Doesn't get any better than Riding in SUNSHINE ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    So after 5 days, I am so surprised of myself !

I am sore on every piece of my body but did not forget the buttons ! It is almost like I never stopped.

This is very good news and what was so funny all over those years is still there; no pain while riding ! WOW I am going to have a few months to feel joy, to ride in the sun..I feel so blessed !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Leena, I hope you are enjoying the spring and getting in some good rides. Thinking of you.

Well actually the good weather last for a week so again my footing is frozen..I am waiting for maybe 2 weeks from now..

Thanks everyone for your good comments !
    Élène

Leena - your post from the 23rd literally gave me goose bumps - so glad to hear that you rode pain-free and now are planning a lovely spring! You go girl!
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Quote Originally Posted by 2tempe View Post
    Leena - your post from the 23rd literally gave me goose bumps - so glad to hear that you rode pain-free and now are planning a lovely spring! You go girl!
    Well, you know I have a carcinose from ovarian cancer witch means in english, occlusion. There is no other way to write it. It is going to be long and painfull.

A second with horses, a good ride in the sun, some fun being out and around the beasts are some ways to forget about the issue. Fear and anxiety are left on the ground .
    Last edited by Leena; Mar. 28, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Élène

I am so glad you are pain-free when you are riding.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

today's Montreal weather was brutal compared to last week. We had snow, freezing rain and hail, then rain. I was thinking of you and hoping you were enjoying a nice warm fire.

Welcome to April, Elene!! A warm fire sounds delightful, but I also hope you can enjoy the sunshine and your horses for a few rides this week.

I am giving some update:

I got everybody in a back in shape program with a lots of groundwork. It is going well but actually the pain is really growing and got some burning moments also.

Went also to ride over a friend's horse last monday and OMG..seems I am carrying a chunk of heavy material behind my abdos. It took me a day to recover.

I do me best feeling my happiness being around horses. Otherwise I don't know. A friend is supposed to come over a few times in the next 2 months to help me with the greenies. She will ride them and start them correctly; I am afraid I would not be that effective.

I don't know how many times left with the way pain is going right now but as lon as I can go out and be with horses, maybe a few months ?
    Élène

May God hold you in the palm of his hand, Leena, and grant you many days of happiness with your horses!

Sometimes, just a different horse/saddle combination can make us feel like we have a lump somewhere (or maybe the horse does). Hope your friend can keep your youngsters headed in the right direction!
    On your way to the barn, steal some carrots from the Easter Bunny!
    Keep to your plan -- amended as necessary.
    Hugs to you, Leena.

I pray they find a way to keep you pain in check so you are able to continue your time with your horses. I am sure they are a big part of the reason you are still with us, I hope they can continue to be. As always, you are an inspiration! I am going to head to the barn and enjoy a ride in your honor!

Joyeuses Pâques Élène! Profitez du beau temps pour apprécier vos chevaux! En espérant qu'une solution sera trouvée pour les douleurs pour qu'elles disparaissent ou soient tolérables.
    Toutes mes pensées vont vers vous!

Merci ! Joyeuses Pâques à toi aussi !

Happy Eastern to everyone !

Well, the carcinose is growing and is right on my left side in the spleen aera. I had my spleen removed about 6 years ago so it is taking all the place.

I can feel that mass now than ever and it is unbelievable how it makes abdos working so hard. And then, after the ride, I felt so tired..It was a 15 minutes ride only.

Anyway, I often say I would ride until the end and so far will stick with this plan.
    Élène

If only your occlusion could be treated as easily as a horse's obstructive colic, just removal of the bad spot. If that is not a mass that can be surgically removed, then I hope and pray you will be able to keep riding and that riding will continue to suppress your pain during that time.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlbredfan View Post
    If only your occlusion could be treated as easily as a horse's obstructive colic, just removal of the bad spot. If that is not a mass that can be surgically removed, then I hope and pray you will be able to keep riding and that riding will continue to suppress your pain during that time.
    Thanks..Unfortunately, it is not removable, either treated. I tell you we have tried everything.
    The occlusion will eventually be fatal.
    Élène