The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

I have a dumb question: How come coth doesn't have a sticky for cothers to sign up to be blood and bone marrow donors for other cothers?

While not applicable in Leena's case, it might be so in cases of other cothers and their fights against diseases. There are other threads with very ill cothers. And I know one cother who is seriously ill but does not have a thread. (I offered her my blood and bone marrow. It's not like giving up a kidney and the pain is nothing compared to a major illness.)

Thank you Leena for showing everyone what real courage is.

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I echo JSwan, we are the lucky ones. I really don't think you get how you have made some of us feel for the better especially with our horses. I've just been reading the last few posts about how you warm up your horses and it's like a little light bulb going off. When I got my jumping mare back this summer she is a mess on the flat. How she is even doing what she's doing over jumps is beyond me. Last week I was on her and I statred crying. I was crying because I felt so damn guilty for not putting a stop to things earlier. Crying because I believed the person who told me I had problems with her because I couldn't ride. She's a big 5 yo baby who is struggling to stay balanced. So now we go back to basics. Now I will spend more time on the walk. We do go on lots of hacks in fields already but now I have a new way of looking at things that nobody else could possibly teach me as they are more concerned with it being right and perfect.

So again Leena, thank you

Terri
    The same thing happen to me. I did not cry but I did kick my butt a couple of weeks for that matter.

It is incredible how our horse can be our trainer, he will do it just to keep his mind happy !

Feeling ineffective, I agree, made us so sad. At that time, we're about to throw the towell.

By doing those warm up, on very slow gaits, especially at walk and trot, playing with my reins lenght, I give myself a chance to feel myself, balance on my horse and then since my horse is not feeling locked, he has a space to balance, to find it, to go.

Lots of answer are in the seat..Our horse has to respect our seat and we have to respect our balance..not using any strenght, any gripping to balanced ourselves.

Then you can be that fly that moves your horse and more important, your Will can be the way you control your horse.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    I have a dumb question: How come coth doesn't have a sticky for cothers to sign up to be blood and bone marrow donors for other cothers?

While not applicable in Leena's case, it might be so in cases of other cothers and their fights against diseases. There are other threads with very ill cothers. And I know one cother who is seriously ill but does not have a thread. (I offered her my blood and bone marrow. It's not like giving up a kidney and the pain is nothing compared to a major illness.)

This is a nice ideas ! I think COTH made a special section for all of us, living disabilities. This was such a recognition for us !
    Developping awareness of people needs and personnal situation is a part of the power of horses, making us more human, don't you think ?

Then there is probably through the US actual organisation who might be very happy to receive those donations. I know in Canada we have these.
    Élène

Today was a smooth day; I made the 2 young horse I ride regularely some massage and it was so funny to see how much they enjoyed !

Some lunging and that was it.

Another pain appeared 3 days ago and it is now my right shoulder. Actually that new one decided to manifest during the show..So now I think I got it under control tonight..this is why I gave myself a break, so for the horse.

These kind of pain are not a good news since these are called related pain which means it is not necessarely the site of the real pain but only the manifestation..

Nausea and vomitting are under control too since doctor change my med mix..Ouff ! A great relieve and I can eat again without thinking about cleaning the toilet bowl...

And I sent all document...FOR THE FINAL of my region ! I must be crazy...LOL..

I know this is not a reason to really laugh with all those issues but I am going, Shannon is ready, she just needs some fun ride, keeping fit, as she knows her job.

I just need to work on my corner, my breathing legs, my soft contact, my precision for smooth transitions and that will be it.

We will be riding test 2 and 3 and I hope for a sunny day on sunday 28th..So, please, jingles for a nice day, put your beads on the clothing wire as we say here..
    Élène

On pensera à vous le 28, avant et après!! Contente de voir qu'il y a encore des médicaments qui peuvent aider!!

I am trying to figure out what the "put your beads on the clothing wire" may be in French and I am drawing a blank. Nice expression!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    On pensera à vous le 28, avant et après!! Contente de voir qu'il y a encore des médicaments qui peuvent aider!!

I am trying to figure out what the "put your beads on the clothing wire" may be in French and I am drawing a blank. Nice expression!!!

LOL !!!! In french, at the least in Québec we have that expression to hope for a nice and sunny day:

" Mettre le chapelet sur la corde à linge.."

Maybe you could translate or find a similar expression in english ?
    Élène

lol ok "Hang the worry beads on the clothes line!" never heard that expression before (but I am not from Qc). To me, "chapelet" is more "prayer beads" but the Dictionnaire terminologique du Québec gives "worry beads"...

See, you taught me something!!! Your advice re riding makes so much sense, but I don't ride and cannot apply any of it. Still, I see where you are helping so many.

Where are you competing next week?

In Blainville

Well, you see ! Sharing is so gratefull in many ways.
    Élène

Leena, I hope the show goes very well on the 28th. I will send good thoughts your way.

Put your beads on the clothing wire -- I get it, I get it!
    I would have said "Hang your rosary on the clothesline". It's supposed to help keep the rain away. I haven't heard that saying since I was a little child .

Quote Originally Posted by draftdriver View Post
    L
    I would have said "Hang your rosary on the clothesline". It's supposed to help keep the rain away. I haven't heard that saying since I was a little child .
    Me, neither.

Leena, my grandmother's rosary will be on the clothesline for the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by draftdriver View Post
    Leena, I hope the show goes very well on the 28th. I will send good thoughts your way.

Put your beads on the clothing wire -- I get it, I get it!
    Thanks, as hard as I tried I could not think of "rosary" which shows how religious I am, even though I was raised Catholic!! duh!!

Anyway, it's the thought that counts!! Pas vrai Élène?

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    Me, neither.

Leena, my grandmother's rosary will be on the clothesline for the 28th.
    And mine. Well I don't have a clothesline but I'll rig something up
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I have some old rosary beads of an aunts. Lovely blue crystal. I will hang them in the sunshine in support of you Leena on the 28th!
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    And mine. Well I don't have a clothesline but I'll rig something up

We can be a team... I don't have the rosary, but I have the clothes line!

I'm at a Jesuit university, I'm sure SOMEONE here has a rosary!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Default JINGLES STARTED FOR THE 28TH ``` JINGLES & AO ~~

JINGLES & AO STARTED FOR THE 28TH ``

SUNSHINE ```SHARP RIDES```
    BLUE RIBBON MEMORIES `````

JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE & AO ~ AO ~ AO ~ ALWAYS OPTIMISTIC ```````

ENJOY YOUR HORSE AND DAY ```

THINKING OF YOU ` HUGS AND SMILES ```
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    I'm at a Jesuit university, I'm sure SOMEONE here has a rosary!
    I found 2!
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Oh you are such sweet heart...This is so great !

Well, our training is really doing great ! Shannon herself is surprised to see what she can do..She is so well that she show up right away when is see me coming..Such a good girl.

My target is 70-75%....I ahve looked at the judges comments and really I feel confident.

xxxxx
    Élène

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post

It's not quite as easy as that. Bone marrow matches are actually quite rare and the odds of one COTH'er matching another in need are quite small. That being said, I would encourage everyone who may be interested in donating bone marrow to visit the national marrow donor registry for more information. The larger the pool of available donors, the greater the chance that someone in need will find a match.

http://www.marrow.org/index.html

Blood donation is really pretty easy but unless you happen to be in the same area as someone as well as a match for them, directed donor blood probably isn't practical. However, there is always a need for blood. For those willing and able to donate I'm sure your local blood bank/Red Cross would be happy to have you.

I'll be another one hanging a rosary on the clothesline for you, Leena.

I have a choice of blue glow-in-the-dark or my grandmother's purple crystal. Any preferences?

We have an average of 330 days a year of sunshine here, so hopefully you'll have some that day, too!
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~