The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Elene - you are more than words. How inspiring your life it to so many!
    Would you PM your address to me? I want to send you a little something.
    KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!!! and thank you for reminding all of us what life and living are really about....
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    That's it..

When I began that journey, I did not know where I would end up.

Then I met joy..and since I discover how powerfull this feeling is.

On sunday, it was too funny..I was unable to feel any negative feeling what so ever. Unable to be anxious, unable to feel nervous..I was just there and real happy.

Is'nt that wonderfull that my search of becoming a better rider, while fighting a disease and in fact loosing the battle finally, all this bring me to another state of mind where finally I feel it does not matter.

Nothing does not matter but shining and showing inner joy. I found this through riding, listening to the horse, giving up..
    It could have turn the other way for sure. I am happy I will never know !

Happy I never change my plans..Oh God what happiness I would have missed !
    Bless you for sharing your ephipany and journey with us. You are indeed a highly evolved spiritual being, having a human experience.
    Jeanie

Well said, sdlbredfan! And I agree - Elene is otherworldly in an earth suit.
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Well, I don't think I am that different.

Maybe. I always have the habit of being different, when I was younger, at university, some of my comments brought a lot of laughing around..

I am an independant spirit, that is for sure. I hate to share terror and anger..I lives those feelings once in a while..The disease brings up so much insecurity.

BUT I made a plan. I fix myself a goal; being a better rider. And despite all the turn around in my life since the big C is there..I never changed one iota of my plan.
    I tell you, there was days where I felt so much alone, overwhelmed, feeling my faith was fragile..So I alloud myself to feel sad 5 minutes a day..No more.

When my grey mare showed me the joy of riding, start to tell me (I began to listen too) how she would like me to ride..Then I think I discover the joy of living too.

Probably that is what happen at the last show; I was going to live my joy of being there and I let my grey mare doing her job in the ring. It was a matter of thrust ! I have seen all my lack of confidence..Mine ! that led to fail on some scores. For myself, this is also a nice way to see where I am, what is the improvement.

This is my pleasure to share this with all of you. I will do it so as long as I can.

I also find when you have a plan, this drives you forward..Not everyday but on the long haul. Everyday I write down what I have done and I try to do one thing positive every day.

Thanks so much to enjoy my journey !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Thumbs up they do give us new life

WHAT can I say except YOU GO GIRL1 ? You are amazing; Leena there is an old saying among racetrackers "No trainer ever died with a promising two year old in the barn"I thought of that many times during the night of the first stroke while lost in the field overnight; I thought for a sport horse breeder that would be 4 year olds; the last thought I had that night before putting my head down and going to sleep was "I can't die, Merry and Mercury need me" You have done the same for your" children
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post
    WHAT can I say except YOU GO GIRL1 ? You are amazing; Leena there is an old saying among racetrackers "No trainer ever died with a promising two year old in the barn"I thought of that many times during the night of the first stroke while lost in the field overnight; I thought for a sport horse breeder that would be 4 year olds; the last thought I had that night before putting my head down and going to sleep was "I can't die, Merry and Mercury need me" You have done the same for your" children
    Carol, you are such a sweet heart !
    Élène

Leena I have spent much of this past week transporting my son to various doctor's appointments. It's just a broken ankle, nothing that time now won't fix. But today is a BEAUTIFUL day and I am going to spend it with my horses. I'll be thinking of you!
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Thumbs up This is Centered Riding

When I took the cancer by the horn, I went to look how I could handle horses DESPITE chemos, fatigue, pain and everything. I taught my greenbeans to stay quiet, adopt some extra security way of handling them, did not accept any bad habits.

It went well !

This is Centered Riding!

I then went to look to become a more effective rider, more light and I discover I could be firm without using strenght, I could ride without using too much of energy, I could make myself listened and respected as well and dare to ride !
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Thumbs up This is Centered Riding

When I took the cancer by the horn, I went to look how I could handle horses DESPITE chemos, fatigue, pain and everything. I taught my greenbeans to stay quiet, adopt some extra security way of handling them, did not accept any bad habits.

It went well !

I then went to look to become a more effective rider, more light and I discover I could be firm without using strenght, I could ride without using too much of energy, I could make myself listened and respected as well and dare to ride !
    This is Centered Riding!
    breeder of Mercury!

So many young, impatient, demanding, whiny, eager riders should read this thread. Hopefully it would teach them that you can achieve success and effective riding by settling back, breathing and listening to the horse in order to gain respect from the horse while the horse learns to respect its rider who is fair, firm and consistant.

You and Carol are an inspiration.

Although nothing like these brave women, I too have had health challenges which made me look at riding in a different light. Now it IS about centering myself, listening to my horse, enjoying the bond we have and never getting in my own way. I try to enjoy each minute I have on my horse! I'm not Olympics-bound, don't care too much about winning ribbons any more, just love riding for the relationship I have with my big sweet boy. And the peace that comes when you just ride for joy!
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

You make my day !

Carol and Moonriver..Thanks for the precision !

Will is so important, right after joy off course. I discover that while I might not need any strenght but I must need will to complete the partnership with my horse, conviction throughout all my body, in a calm and peacefull way to help my greenies, teaching them my leadership.

Will work on this..

Ya ! It is interesting to see how riding, when I understand more along the way, the bonding and all the rest, finally it has teahed myself how to take my place in this partnership, how to create it and kindly keep it.
    Élène

That's it..

When I began that journey, I did not know where I would end up.

Then I met joy..and since I discover how powerfull this feeling is.

On sunday, it was too funny..I was unable to feel any negative feeling what so ever. Unable to be anxious, unable to feel nervous..I was just there and real happy.

Is'nt that wonderfull that my search of becoming a better rider, while fighting a disease and in fact loosing the battle finally, all this bring me to another state of mind where finally I feel it does not matter.

Nothing does not matter but shining and showing inner joy. I found this through riding, listening to the horse, giving up..
    It could have turn the other way for sure. I am happy I will never know !

Happy I never change my plans..Oh God what happiness I would have missed !
    Elene,

This really brings tears to my eyes, but more for the joy you have achieved. You and the grey mare look wonderful together. Thank you so much for giving me strength when I needed it the most.

I would like to share this with other people with your permission.

Thank you Elene
    Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

moonriverfarm, I feel the same. Leena's words, and now Carol's and yours, made me stop and rethink. When you achieve that connection, it is done in lightness, and what an incredible rush.

I'm grounded for now, and so I try and achieve this on the ground. I *think* the connection between my core and my horse's core, and I can have him do transitions just from that. I am working towards having him light in the reins, and on the bit, the connection from my hands to his mouth. Not so easy! especially with the heat and bugs.

But when you get those strides...and you see the difference in your horse, that is joyful, too!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Hi all !

Show this week-end and frankly, I am really looking forward this one.

I feel lot more tired. Fatigue are growing and growing so every little piece of energy is precious.

Keep you update..
    Élène

Leena-
    Go to the show and kick some serious A$$.

As always you are my hero! I know you will enjoy every moment for what it is.

I hope the temperatures are cooler this weekend. This heat and humidity is not good for human or beast. Thinking of you always.
    Bonne chance!

Leena we want PICS! And watch the post as you have a surprise coming!
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Hi all !

Show this week-end and frankly, I am really looking forward this one.

I feel lot more tired. Fatigue are growing and growing so every little piece of energy is precious.

Keep you update..
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.