The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

I am so looking forward to the pictures!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Hello to you, Leena

I'm so glad the show went well. I can't wait to see the pics.

And here they are....

Young anglo-trakehner Télémann, 4 yrs old..First show, I did not inform him about the daily program..It was a big day for him and he did his best for the time spent on training and experience.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1.../1101719-7.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1.../1101719-3.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...3432_small.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...3429_small.jpg

First level with my grey mare; she was stunning and I was, well let's say I did not catch the train she offered.
    As soon as we trot on A letter, she took the test real serious, was all listening to my aids, react on the little tinyiest pressure of my leg..I wish I was more experiment rider on those test to gave her tribute.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...1101401-17.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...1101401-15.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1.../1101401-6.jpg

I really enjoy that day ! I don't know what happened really I was so strong, joyfull..Despite it is never easy to bring a young horse for a show experience, I was in great shape !

Today is another story...BUT nevertheless I know I'll pay for this and this is fine !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

You look gorgeous!

Beautiful pairs!!! I hope you are not too sore today!!!

Thanks a lot ! Merci Beaucoup !

Actually, I don't know which part of my body is not sore LOL

That is ok to me.

I did work a lot on transitions lately.

3 strikes of medium walk, extended walk and then a very short walk..This work I did it and took me to a higher comprehension of my body, seat, elastic elbows, keep my hands in front of me.

Also it makes me feel more when the horse is lifting his shoulders, to adjust me legs, adjust the half halt..

What is great is my young horses loves it; it is almost like a game for them and they tend to listen more.

Then I do it at trot. It is great exercices I found, where I can save my energy and still increase the communication with my horse.
    Élène

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    What spirit can do when joy is around..
    I love love love this. So glad you had a great show, Leena. Lovely pics. So much fun to see.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

That's it..

When I began that journey, I did not know where I would end up.

Then I met joy..and since I discover how powerfull this feeling is.

On sunday, it was too funny..I was unable to feel any negative feeling what so ever. Unable to be anxious, unable to feel nervous..I was just there and real happy.

Is'nt that wonderfull that my search of becoming a better rider, while fighting a disease and in fact loosing the battle finally, all this bring me to another state of mind where finally I feel it does not matter.

Nothing does not matter but shining and showing inner joy. I found this through riding, listening to the horse, giving up..
    It could have turn the other way for sure. I am happy I will never know !

Happy I never change my plans..Oh God what happiness I would have missed !
    Élène

And Leena - even on the ground, apart from the saddle, there is that joy to be found. May you find that joy with every step.
    www.specialhorses.org

crying.... You humble me. God bless you.
    arabsrock

Happy I never change my plans..Oh God what happiness I would have missed !
    And what we would have missed, too. Thank you, Leena, for sharing yourself and your journey with us.

PS -- You look great in the show pics. And thanks for outlining the medium/extended/collected walk exercise. I do something similar when I warm up and it does show me how subtle I can be and still influence my horse.

J'admire tellement votre attitude. J'ai mentionné votre expérience à mon mari et il avait les larmes aux yeux. Vous inspirez tellement de monde!!
    Thanks Élène for sharing this journey with us. I do not ride but there is no doubt that your words help other riders. Your horses are so beautiful!!!
    Bon courage!

I too have tears in my eyes.
    www.specialhorses.org

Hey, it is supposed to lead to be happy here !!!

I have a lot of fun right now, riding. Finally sun came up, my footing is back since we put new sand and remains..

Nothing has changed, the pain is still at the same places, fatigue is so so, no weight loss..I do sleep in afternoon, thing I was not capable of before really. I need it now.

I have 2 huge new victims in my case load, the last offsprings of our small breeding. Both are 16.2 hands and over at 3 years old. I am beginning the longe, they had so far saddle and bridle on..But none of them knows what I really mean but they like to be pet, to get my full attention for a moment, to be alloud to graze the big grass and probably to feel as important as their half siblings..Who knows what the hell they are talking about back in the pasture..

Have fun, keep on riding and learning !
    Élène

I also wonder what they talk about. Ted right about now is probably thinking, she has abandoned me to the heat and flies. I will make her suffer for this later.
    www.specialhorses.org

I have 2 huge new victims in my case load, the last offsprings of our small breeding. Both are 16.2 hands and over at 3 years old. I am beginning the longe, they had so far saddle and bridle on..But none of them knows what I really mean but they like to be pet, to get my full attention for a moment, to be alloud to graze the big grass and probably to feel as important as their half siblings..Who knows what the hell they are talking about back in the pasture..
    You are amazing. And funny.

Have fun, keep on riding and learning !
    Yes, ma'am. I will.

Well..I am really really touched by everyone witness here.

Excuse my BASIC english writing..

Right now, I am a drug addict. I suffer a great great addiction to JOY ! Not being happy, not smiling...No.

JOY is stronger than that..It is so powerfull, so immense.

JOY is horse's expression. Horse are joyfull animal, that bucks, rears and get into such floating gaits to express their freedom, their JOY of being free. Can you see their joy in the freedom of the movement ?

I first met JOY this summer with my grey filly. She taught me how JOY is all about and how much I had to become soft in my upper body, strong in my lower body to let that JOY expressed !
    Why get a balanced rider, why learn to use my legs, why have my elastic elbows, why have my hips and seat free..To let the horse express JOY and to share it with me.

THAT FEELING is incredible and you know what, I don't feel pain, cancer and all those weakness in that stage of joy..Just feeling the horse carrying me, mastering the half halt, educating the horse to the aids and it is allright !

I am sorry cancer going to end up that party but so happy I met this in my life and wish you all the same...!!!!
    I discovered this thread today and read it for the first time today. I have my own very minor struggles, and some days, like today, I want to just come home after work and take a nap instead of riding. Today I kept thinking about this particular post, and about choosing joy. I spent a lovely afternoon with my horse, and best of all, no complaints passed my lips.

You are living well and inspiring others, Leena!!
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Always happy to read updates from you. I was hoping you were enjoying the great weather we are having. It is sunny, clear and crisp. If only it could stay that way.
    So glad you are riding and enjoying it so much. Have fun with your new victims!!

Horse Problems, welcome abord ! This is a pleasure if you enjoy and this gives you a good afternoon..

Sometimes, we need that discipline for the good of ourselves and the benefit of our horses.
    Élène

Leena,
    Thank you for your pictures from the show.

And thank you for expressing in words the joy of riding! Reading it made me giggle for the happiness you must feel.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~