The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    We all have an intention, a sort of scenario when we get on a horse. I work on this and experiment how a change in my intention had an impact of the horse.

I discover I could be very pushy just with my mind. I realise some very sensitive horse get tense from beginning, try to please so much they are overdoing.

For a while I played with my mind, try different thinking and see how the horse react. Results were very interesting.

Keep on riding !
    Oh yes.

All horses are much more sensitive to body language and feel than we are. But some horses are much much more so. I think we all know this, but need to be reminded -- at least I do.

Thanks for the advice. And take care.

I have been reading this thread for awhile now.It allows me to move through the gamut of emotions.It also reminds to me to be grateful for what I have had and have now.
    Thank you Leena for being so generous with what you are learning and your spirit.
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

Leena?
    How are you? Did you get flooded last week, although I think the worst was south of Montreal. I am thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying the nice weather we are having in Ontario. I know from my son in Montreal that it was still raining at the end of last week in Qc.

Leena, nous pensons à vous!

OK Ok !!! I am here..everything is manageable still !

Vos pensées me touchent énormément !

We had a lots of rain. No floading at my place but it is really bad in the lake Champlain valley; I feel so sad for those people..

I was very busy with finding good home for my greenies; 2 good girls found good home. I have been with new owners to help for better transition.

Otherwise, I rode in the mud, in the rain..Lots of walk and trot, lots of transitions, lots of relaxation.

I again will throw myself in hot water sine I am going to ride training level and 1st level on May 22nd with my grey mare and a nice coming 4 gelding.
    My husband is furious !

I love riding, love life and need to keep myself in the joy !

Pain is there and my friend hydromorph is helping in this. Still while I am riding I don't feel any pain and comes out with good energy, positivism and happyness.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Thank you for posting! Je pense à vous si souvent!!
    I am sorry your husband does not understand that riding is an escape for you. That you need it to get into the "zone"! It is bittersweet that you are looking for good homes for your horses, but at the same time, I am relieved that you are. I wondered what would happen to them but never doubted that you had a plan in place.
    Beaucoup de pensées positives pour l'entraînement et la compétition le 22 mai! Where is the show?
    It is supposed to be nice most of the week... enjoy!!!

Thinking of you often, Leena. I am so glad you continue to find the joy.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Well I think my husband is more aware than anyone else of my real condition so he was furious since he thinks riding 4 tests is too much.

He is probably right !

Putting a goal is something I always did. If this is too much I'll just scracht a test and that is it.

The show is at Blainville; it is a small show. Frankly I am unable to make the big shows. It is wayyyy too much for me. I leave this for healthy people.

Tomorrow I am training with Margareth Dieckermann from Germany; she was happy to see me today, as she told me last year, I was going to be around in 2011. She was right ! I'll try to put up some pictures !
    Élène

Good to hear from you, Leena. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your rides with Ms. Dieckermann and hearing all about your show rides.

Glad for the update from you and best of luck at the show on May 22. We will all be waiting to hear about it!

I'm guessing your husband is just worried, as we all are, about time. Precious time that the two of you have left. Don't be too hard on him {{{hugs}}}

Quote Originally Posted by asb_own_me View Post
    Glad for the update from you and best of luck at the show on May 22. We will all be waiting to hear about it!

I'm guessing your husband is just worried, as we all are, about time. Precious time that the two of you have left. Don't be too hard on him {{{hugs}}}
    I have to echo this, he probably is just trying to get you to pace yourself a little more, not overdo. But whatever you do, I hope you will have fun in the doing of it!
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Here some pics of the clinic with Margareth:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...5091054242.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...5091015131.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...5091042371.jpg

I love that filly ! She is not a 17 hands package but so forward, generous and ready. I am working on getting my upper body more backward. It is a big deal for me this upper body.
    This winter I realise how hard is the changes in between riding on chemo and riding without, how hard it was always to adapt..

Filly Shannon will turn 5 in june, she is croup high..maybe a last small growth spur, change in her body..

It was a great clinic, we worked on steadiness, relaxation, balance..Made some introduction to the quarter pirouette in walk. I took some Ensure HP and felt like I was burning cancer..don't worry the pain was back in the evening so kept me very humble here..

Margareth is such an interesting person ! We went for dinner and here those moments when you share Horse passion with others in humility, sens of humour..Magical moments.
    Élène

So glad you are enjoying your horse etc.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Lovely horse, Leena. She looks so relaxed, yet energetic. Good job!

Thanks for the report.

The filly is so attentive to you! Lovely harmony between the two of you. Wonderful!

I love the pics. You both look fabulous! Thanks for sharing.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

I do enjoy the horses..I hope they does too !

Here another one, a 4 yrs old that has been on 4 months break because of winter and muchy spring..he is not bad actually.
    My reins are a bit too long, he needs more help to balance..Other things to fix for me !
    Again, not a 17 hands package, but a lot of fun to ride !
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...5111153475.jpg
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...5111153472.jpg

I am easily tiring up; thinking of some ways again to save my energy is a weekly quest.
    The good news is I am not loosing weight. So this means cancer has a hard time with me !
    Élène

L-glutamine will help your muscles; http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...LAID=293851011
    (my doc had me use it during chemo)
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Élène, have fun this weekend, but take it easy!! Let's hope the weather is great and you can enjoy the whole show!!

How did the show go Leena? I thought of you !!

Hello !

The show went very well ! I have no pictures yet, waiting for the photographs. Should be on tomorrow.

Actually for the timing, bringing 2 horses..My beloved Shannon and a very young and green horse, my conditions, the bad temp we had last week..Anyway I rode 1st level and I was happy !

I was happy because my grey mare was great and I was the one who made all the mistakes. Mostly lack of precision was my main mistakes.
    She got big 7 for gaits and impulsion which is great. Good for her !

I was surprisely in such a great shape; I took a can of Ensure High Protein and felt like a spitfire. Everybody were happy to see me, almost shock to a point. Really I was almost a normal person.

What spirit can do when joy is around..

I write more later. I found other food for thoughts during my tests and life in general.
    Élène