The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Hi everyone !

All of your words are real gift to me and no no I am not tired of hearing about being inspirational..Just very surprised since even for myself this journey is bringing up so much !
    I am more than happy to share those moments and will do as much as I can !

Today I went for a trail and a friend proposed to come with her sleigh. This was an opportunity to work on my greenie's fear of sleigh. a good dressage occasion too !

I just rode all the movements, stayed light, quiet and focused. My greenie did superb half pass, even some passage, great extension trot, beautifull canter depart from halt ! I stayed there, balanced and just working with half halt, legs, soft seat and hands.
    When he, as an act of courage, finally touch the sleigh with his nose, he turned suddenly very quiet and we had a gorgeous walk on long reins, following the sleigh.
    It turned out to be a very pleasant ride ! At the end, I was able to walk beside the sleigh which was great !

I am always surprised to feel much better after a ride, I don't feel any pain while riding. Would that means horses can carry not only my weight, but also my pain, my disability ? I sware I don't use any strenght, only I become breathless if I have to ride canter.

I am happy this joy makes sense to a lot of you.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

In many ways, I think they share our burdens. It is one of their gifts to us.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Thinking of you Leena as I am in your neck of the woods (Montreal) for a few days. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather today and went for a trail ride again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Thinking of you Leena as I am in your neck of the woods (Montreal) for a few days. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather today and went for a trail ride again!!!
    Really ! Hope you enjoy the woods ! Today was a bit cold to ride, but later this week will be fine to trail ride again.
    Élène

Élène,

I just wanted to tell you again how much I appreciate your posts and sharing your thoughts and feelings with us.

When I ride now, I think about finding the joy in my horse and letting him feel my joy, too. He's a sensitive little beast and can be somewhat temperamental. But he can feel the difference. So thanks from Beamer, too.

You've changed the way I think about my riding. And a lot of other things, too.

Best wishes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    I just rode all the movements, stayed light, quiet and focused. My greenie did superb half pass, even some passage, great extension trot, beautifull canter depart from halt ! I stayed there, balanced and just working with half halt, legs, soft seat and hands.
    When he, as an act of courage, finally touch the sleigh with his nose, he turned suddenly very quiet and we had a gorgeous walk on long reins, following the sleigh.
    It turned out to be a very pleasant ride ! At the end, I was able to walk beside the sleigh which was great !
    Any horse you ride is so lucky! I wish I could send my nervous nellie greenie to you, I bet she would be a dream after spending some time with you in the saddle!

I send you all my best wishes and as others have said, you are so inspirational and a true gift and blessing to this board.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Happy New Year everyone !

I wish you all the joy with your horses !

So this week, we brought back the young gelding home so he can enjoy the rest of winter growing and resting with his bodies.

I have another coming 4 filly I brought in to train for 2 months. Her name is Tsunami since at 2 days old she bucked off all the stall with such an energy !
    A very powerfull filly, very intelligent, great attitude.

I cross my fingers, the med mix is not bad since I don't ressent much pain, just fatigue..I look forward to ride that filly within a few days and to begin her real training.

So Cheers to this new year and hope for success, better life and good fortune for all of you XXX
    Élène

THANK YOU Leena for sharing your story. You humble me and are an inspiration to us all. I am sending prayers your way.

May 2011 be your best and brightest year ever Leena! Your light will continue to light the way for us to follow.

Happy New year to you Leena! I can't wait to hear about the new mare's training. I am glad the new meds are not having side effects that slow you down too much!

A happy and healthy new year to all.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Bonne Année Leena! Que votre santé reste la meilleure possible dans les circonstances et que vous gardiez la meilleure forme pour continuer à partager ces instants merveilleux avec vos chevaux et votre famille!
    All the best to you! Stay strong and enjoy your horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    May 2011 be your best and brightest year ever Leena! Your light will continue to light the way for us to follow.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Happy New Year, Dear Leena. Wanted you to know that all of the joy you are wishing us all, I am catching in my heart. THANK you! And I wish it right back to you.

Happy New Year!!! Your courage and grace is beyond inspirational. Go Leena!!!!

Thinking of you Leena and hope you are working and enjoying your young ones!

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Thinking of you Leena and hope you are working and enjoying your young ones!
    And that they are enjoying and helping you!

Happy New Year to you too Elene. I am back galloping horses now because I knew when things got tough there was something I could do about the situation. Loving every minute of it and have you to thank. You were the one person I thought of last week.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing the progress of your new filly.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Thanks everyone !

Equilibrium..Well I am happy you find hope and strenght for yourself in this new year..For all year long !

My new filly does not adapt really well at the new barn. She is a sensitive gal and this is probably too much for her. She also has teeth problem and in order to have he teeth floated today, the vet use tranquilizers and she end up with an allergic reaction to the stuff used...OMG what a scary moment !
    Since the vet had no more time, we decide to set another moment next week..

She had her teeth done last year without problems..Anyway.

I am still ok, no ascit under development. Still riding a little bit, not as much as I would like with that poor filly..
    Maybe it is just a time when it is a bit cold and icy outside where I need to just relax and enjoy the winter near the fireplace instead of cold and humid indoor ?
    Élène

Some days a fireplace sounds much better than a barn... but we all know the horses warm the heart!

Hoping your filly is doing better soon.

Hi all !

Just to tell everyone I'll make the shows this summer..

I am not loosing any weight, in fact I am quite feeling good with the med. So, some shows ahead will just be a good reason, a good project to kick this cancer again !

My filly had a wolf teeth, a cap and good teeth floating today; she feels much better so am I. Training back on for tomorrow.
    Élène