The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    So I choose this attitude towards my own tragedy. Despite the final issue, despite finality..I am always saying everyday: Ok ! Let's go and find what is there I did not know about, let's live that minute, that moment for what it is, period. Let's see how this greenie wants me to ride, so he can express his joy !
    That joy certainly shows in the video you posted of you riding the anglo/trakehner. Good job, Leena. Again, thanks for sharing with us.

I am currently battling the same disease. I was in remission for a year and am now back on chemo. Your attitude and bravery amaze me. You are my idol!
    Friesians Rule !!

Quote Originally Posted by friesian4me View Post
    I am currently battling the same disease. I was in remission for a year and am now back on chemo. Your attitude and bravery amaze me. You are my idol!
    Good luck ! You see, I have never been in remission, but went off chemos for a few months in 2009. I remember, I went back to work and it was super.

This disease is a very nasty one, really. Hang in there !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Leena,
    I've followed your posts here and I am so very sorry to hear this most recent news. Keep living in the moment -- it's what we all should do, really, as none of us truly know when our time will come.
    You and your horse share each other's vitality and joy, the true connection between horse and rider.
    Peace, faith and hope be with you. You have touched the lives of many, many people.
    Thank you.
    I evented just for the Halibut.

Leena,
    I just want to hug you. You are a courageous woman. I will never forget you. I wish you many peaceful days.
    Kathi

Leena. Just to share with you how you have touched so many.

I had a lesson today. Not that I am riding Ted yet, but we are just long reining him and free lunging him because of his accident. Due to the weather, no one has done anything for a week.

So, I get to the barn, and it is grey, and cold, and winter. I have just gone off antibiotics for a respiratory infection and it looks like I will need more. I am all bundled up and feel like I cannot move. Given the weather and the holidays, maybe we won't be able to do anything for another week, so I feel I have to take advantage of the opportunity, even though I don't feel like it.

But I think of you. I think, I will emulate Leena. I will be lightness, and joy. And every time I did something not quite right and my trainer corrected me, I embraced it - not being dispirited or frustrated, but thinking, here is the way to be even lighter and more joyful.

When I first took the reins, Ted seemed very resistant. I couldn't feel him in the reins - but he was "stuck" all through - well, not surprising, given the footing, the weather, the lack of work, coming back from the accident. And my trainer took the reins, and as I watched, I could see so much, and I just kept thinking, be light, be joyful.

And you know what? My horse gave so much. He is the type to be very defensive when something has hurt, and enough people have abused his trust that he doesn't give that easily. And my trainer was overwhelmed at how much he offered us. Just by thinking of you, of being committed that, my horse felt the same.

So, Leena, what a gift you have given us.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Smile

Dressage Geek, I am so happy to read your testimonial ! Keep it up !

That way of thinking, looking to feel JOY as a way to share and communicate with horse has disciplined myself to put aside my weakness, my own drama and to look at everything that can make my horses happy.
    Élène

Merry Christmas Leena! I will share my joy with my horse next time I ride. I hope she can feel it. I wish you well this season.

Merry Christmas Elene! Big hugs and stay warm.

All The Best
    Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Oh ! Thanks so much !

Merry Christmas everyone ! I wish you a lot of joy and peace !

Temperature is very kind here for the season and we will stay home, maybe go to the midnight mess if I can.
    Élène

Thinking of you!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Best wishes for a blessed holiday season!!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

You have made quite an impression on me Lena. But I am drawn to people who embrace the joys of life. I work in health care, and my favorite patient has multiple myeloma which has no cure. Yet he chooses to embrace life and fight the pain, always looking for the joy. He loves hearing about my horses, and he touches me with his kindness.
    And my tricky horse "talked" to me today, and I thought of you. He tries my patience, yet he always has a reason (they all do, actually). I thought of you and then thought, "what is this horse trying to teach me today?" He is actually my favorite though because he makes my life a rollercoaster with such highs and lows, but that's what I love - I experience it all.

Joyeux Noël Leena. Paix et beaucoup d'amour et d'affection.
    Mes pensées sont avec vous. J'espère que vous pourrez passer quelques moments calmes avec vos chevaux.

Merci False impression !

I went to trail riding the young boy as he has a problem wit sleigh, so I keep looking at any sleigh in the trails..The more we see, the more he will behave.

La magie de Noel est là encore cette année ! I hop this Xmas magic go on for a long time !!!
    Élène

Joyeux Noel Leena. (I don't know how to make accents in the e-mail, and pardon my spelling, please).

Pour le cheval qui n'aime pas les traineaux, esque vous avez penser d'attacher des petite cloches ou un chaine (Chain?) sur le porte ou il fait de buit quelque fois du jour? Ou, vous pouvez porter des petites cloches vous-meme quand vous visite l'etable.

Paix.

Valerie

Quote Originally Posted by draftdriver View Post
    Joyeux Noel Leena. (I don't know how to make accents in the e-mail, and pardon my spelling, please).

Pour le cheval qui n'aime pas les traineaux, esque vous avez penser d'attacher des petite cloches ou un chaine (Chain?) sur le porte ou il fait de buit quelque fois du jour? Ou, vous pouvez porter des petites cloches vous-meme quand vous visite l'etable.

Paix.

Valerie
    Valerie,

Your french is perfect ! Yes, I already carry some little bells and he does not botter about noise, really. Not that one. He is quite impressed by the sleighs itself so I try to follow them so he can see.

He is coming along with small ones, but when the neighbor gets the huge one out driving 2 huge Belgium horses, it is kind of really scary. Even for mature horses.
    Last edited by Leena; Dec. 26, 2010 at 08:59 PM.
    Élène

Land of the Maple Leaf & Tim Horton's Coffee

Smile Tidings of Comfort, Light and Joy!

Merry Christmas Elene!

I would like to take a moment to thank you so very much for sharing your journey with life's triumphs and struggles. You are such an inspiration to me - I have very severe arthritis, and returned to riding for therapy - both physical and mental. When I get down from the pain and difficulties, I think to myself "be like Elene - think Light, think Joy". So epecially at this time of year, I thank you for being such a blessing for me and my Christmas horse! (He was my Christmas present from DH last year and he means the world to me).

God Bless You, Elene!
    Wishing you much Light and Joy!
    xoxox
    Judy from Toronto
    “Your appearance should reflect the care you take in every aspect of your horsemanship... feeding, grooming... everything you do, from the barn to the show ring. Class, people, class…" George Morris

Leena--I drive Clydesdales and have encountered riders with horses that found it very disturbing that my horses were "being chased" by the horrible verhicle! When we have that situation, it seems to help to have the "disturbed" horse walk behind the wagon or cart for a while. I have yet to find a horse that does not then realize the vehicle is NOT a monster and then they are ok with having somjeone driving near them. I don't know if it will work for sleighs, though, since I live in California and we just don't have the right conditions for those--unless they make one that you can use on mud!

I also want to add to what others have said about you being an inspiration to us all. You probably are tired of hearing it, but it is true! Perhaps this year's Christmas miracle will be for you.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Leena,

I have read your posts for a long time and have admired your horsemanship. Your horses go with such joy

Yesterday I came across this thread for the first time, and read through all of it. I have been down the cancer road... surgery, chemo, all that, and have the good fortune to now enjoy good health again. For how long, who knows? None of us, really. For sure, though, it teaches that every day, every moment is a gift. Few of us have embraced those gifts as well as you have, I think.

Your riding is such an amazing lesson, particularly with your youngsters. I really enjoyed watching your videos.

Today you rode with me on my big black horse. He is not a youngster, but a partner I have raised from a young age. He is 11 now, very good at his job and I take pride in the fact that he likes his work. But today ... just a light hack before the snowstorm comes, in case we cannot get out tomorrow. And I thought, light, light, light as I was riding ... be like Leena. And my wonderful black horse brought his back up to me, and lifted his wither, and floated across the ground, balanced and forward,... and happy.

I hope you will always ride with me, and share this joy.

Je te souhaite la paix et la joie par nouvelle année, et pour toujours...
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina