The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    On the subject of gloves.... Sealskinz; http://www.0800sportsusa.com/section...9/1/equestrian
    Oh sounds good too !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Thanks for the link. Interesting gloves. I've got cold hands, too. But you know what they say about that: "Cold hands, warm heart."

Leena, let us hope for a mild winter.

Best wishes,

Valerie

So glad you checked in.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

ht://www.cozywinters.com/

Speaking of cold weather! This site had some neat things. I HATE being cold.

You see, I am sitting and don't know what to write, and how to write it.

So let's dive

Back from hospital today and no rabbit works anymore. Cancer index is rising and nothing seems to stop it anymore.

So it is over. I lost the battle for real..Sorry guys..

I am finishing the training of one coming 4 and I will start another coming 4 after new year. Time is priceless and focusing on my work with my greenies will keep myself saine and happy.

I don't know much more than this right now, how it will go in the near future..I just wish to delay as much as possible use of morphine but I lost battle and control so I'll wait and see.

I'll write later if you don't mind.
    Élène

Leena,

Words fail me. I am so sorry. My heart and prayers are with you.

You are, indeed, a remarkable woman and an inspiration to all.

And you are loved...

Best wishes...

Leena, no words of course to truly express myself. Thank you for keeping us in your journey, in a blink it could be any of us.

I have never posted on this thread, but I have kept up with it and your example is what has kept me putting reality to my dreams and just getting on with it because this is all we have and procrastination breeds regrets.

Regards,

-Jill
    *Every horse is a self-portrait of the rider....Autograph your work with excellence.*
    Supporting Nokotas www.nokotahorse.org
    Lipizzan's rock! http://rigitta.blogspot.com/

Leena,

I also don't know what to say. Your inspiration and graciousness have simply been amazing. I wish I could have known you in real life.

I can tell you this, I will remember you years from now. You are one of those people who has touched others. A little bit of you will stay with me forever.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Élène,

Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us -- all complete strangers, yet you opened your heart and showed it to us. And what a heart it is.

I am so sorry to hear your news. Cancer may take your life, but it has not beaten you and it never will.

Best wishes and much love to you. Please post when you can.

I am still praying for a miracle while admiring your courage from afar.

Well, thanks for all your words.

This is true, we will never meet, we don't know each others..I love to share, I always did and I find there is so much treasure in sharing experience, thoughts and life.

This thread helped me so much..Reading this showed me how much I did during this battle, how much risk I took, holding my breath, trying to push my limits, to test how I could ride even if I was not feeling good at all and how much reward I got from my horses, from also that physical activity.

So if a doctor ever tell me Riding is not a sport..let me tell you I will laugh very loud !
    Not only riding is a very good sport but it is also a great way, I found, to connect to myself and to stay in the moment, happy to breath and feel that inner peace and joy coming from the horse.
    Élène

Oh Leena, je n'écris pas souvent ici, mais je lis et j'admire votre courage et dévouement envers vos chevaux.

Je ne sais pas vraiment prier mais je vous envoie mes plus chaleureuses pensées et j'espère que vous pourrez passer des moments forts et appréciables avec votre famille et vos chevaux.

Vous avez su nous montrer courage, dignité, espoir, fierté et détermination. A nous de reprendre le flambeau en votre honneur.

Élène, it's always so good to hear from you. I wish you had better news.

You are an inspiration, truly.

Leena,
    I've been reading this thread for a long time, and rooting for you from afar. I am saddened to hear about your most recent visit.

I can't imagine how you are feeling right now, but I hope that you know you haven't lost a fight. Instead, you won a lot of friends. You have inspired a lot of people to fight harder, ride lighter, and be kinder. You have shared your strength and wisdom. I hope you realize that it was never a fight, but a journey. And that you have traveled down the road with more grace than most.

Your destination is what you believe it to be. Just from being an observer to your journey, I'd venture to guess there are a lot of lovely horses to ride, sunny days, and endless energy.

For now, I wish you peace, and painlessness, and many happy rides. There is a candle lit in my house tonight for you and your family.

Elene.

What to say. What can you say?

I still hope for you. And I thank you, for sharing all you have.

And I promise you, every ride I have, I will think of you, and try, as you have, to always ride with lightness and joy.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

So it is. The post from you I did not want to read. But it is and will be and I know you have done much in your time in this life and the world would be a much better place if more did the same.

I wish for you that you beat the odds, of course, but if that is not to be, may your following days be filled with joy and then peace.
    "Fool! Don't you see now that I could have poisoned you a hundred times had I been able to live without you." Cleopatra VII

Everything I want to say has already been said by people who can write better than I do. All I can offer is gentle hugs and my wish for peace
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    Elene.

What to say. What can you say?

I still hope for you. And I thank you, for sharing all you have.

And I promise you, every ride I have, I will think of you, and try, as you have, to always ride with lightness and joy.
    This. This is exactly what I was thinking.

We love you, Leena. Even if we've never met you. That's how special of a person you are. Inspiring and strong and kind and joyful. That is obvious even through a computer.

Please keep writing, and don't forget to take life one day at a time...I think of you often and remain hopeful. Hugs and best wishes.

Leena,

I have never commented on this thread, but have always followed it and admired your wonderful attitude. I am so sorry to hear your news, and you will be in my thoughts. We should all be so lucky to be able to spend the last of our time with the animals we love. God bless and keep you.
    Jonah 4:4: And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?"

College football season is HERE!!!