The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1630

Saw this today http://www.equestriancollections.com...677&fscat=7673
    Is anyone familiar with the charity?
    Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Bump-
    CotH is dong an obituary article about Leena. {{Hugs}}
    Intermediate Riding Skills

3 members found this post helpful.

Link? If and when it is available... please!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by whicker View Post
    Bump-
    CotH is dong an obituary article about Leena. {{Hugs}}
    Another asking for link when available please! I think of Leena often, especially when riding, now!
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com

I'm glad to hear that COTH is doing an article - it is well deserved. Leena, we miss you........
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

5 members found this post helpful.

I apologize, I don't know the publication date- Just that people have been contacted.

1 members found this post helpful.

I am happy to hear that because COTH contacted me looking for contact info for her family but I unfortunately didn't have it. I am sure it will be beautiful.

Alexandra (breeder in Germany and Coth poster) would have had that info....

If still needed just contact me !
    Alexandra
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Lucky 2013: http://youtu.be/NVXVIaNcrKQ

Default Elene Sergerie

My name is Roberta Byng-Morris. I am new to COTH, so bear with me please as I learn...lol.

I am writing to all of Elene Sergerie's friends as a way to continue her legacy. She is greatly missed and I hope always remembered for her courage and for her love of life. Her love for horses was so powerful that it touched many people.

She touched me in a way that is hard to explain. She emailed me one day to tell me that she wanted to breed a very special horse that could one day be a star. She told me that this horse was her dream and that she wanted me to have it as she would be passing before long.

I was so overwhelmed with emotion as I could not believe her kindness. Cancer had once again effected me in a way that is hard to explain.

I had met Elene at a FEQ banquet after I had represented Canada at the 2011 Pan Am Games in Mexico. We had started to talk and realized that cancer was our common ground.

I had lost my father, sister and in 2009 had lost my best friend and father to my 4 yr old daughter, all to cancer.

I have started reading Elene's COTH post after she had passed, as she never told me that she was on this Forum. I must say that I became very emotional to learn of all her struggles and to realize how much strength she has passed on to so many people.

She is an Angel to so many people including myself.

I am greatly honored to be a part of her life and to continue her legacy with BODHI who is due to arrive in Canada Oct. 18th. He will be making the trip with another foal who is his buddy (Durengo). Elene purchased him so that Bodhi would have a companion on his flight and for them to grow together. They will be raised together on pasture with a nice big run-in barn at my farm.

I am so excited to be able to raise and train such a top quality horse. I will keep everyone posted on his progress as I know Elene would want you all to know how her dream is growing.

Sincerely

Roberta Byng-Morris

13 members found this post helpful.

Default Welcome RB-M to YOU and your warmth ~ So glad to see your post !

Welcome RB-M ! to YOU and your warmth !

So glad to read your post !

Jingles & AO for you ~ so many losses you have met in your life ~

Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Welcome Roberta and thank you SO much for coming here and telling us about you and your friendship with Elène! I am so relieved to know you will keep in touch and let us know how those two little guys are doing! I am sure Elène will be watching (if she is not too busy up there with all the horses!).

I was at Blainville last week (to watch my grand-daughter's pony club lesson!) and I thought of Elène who had been there, competed there.

Elène has been gone for a bit over a month, but she is very often in my thoughts and always in my heart!

Welcome Roberta! @$#@! cancer sucks. I am a survivor as well.

Do you know what is happening to the horses she had at home and was working with?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Byng-Morris View Post
    My name is Roberta Byng-Morris. I am new to COTH, so bear with me please as I learn...lol.

I am writing to all of Elene Sergerie's friends as a way to continue her legacy. She is greatly missed and I hope always remembered for her courage and for her love of life. Her love for horses was so powerful that it touched many people.

She touched me in a way that is hard to explain. She emailed me one day to tell me that she wanted to breed a very special horse that could one day be a star. She told me that this horse was her dream and that she wanted me to have it as she would be passing before long.

I was so overwhelmed with emotion as I could not believe her kindness. Cancer had once again effected me in a way that is hard to explain.

I had met Elene at a FEQ banquet after I had represented Canada at the 2011 Pan Am Games in Mexico. We had started to talk and realized that cancer was our common ground.

I had lost my father, sister and in 2009 had lost my best friend and father to my 4 yr old daughter, all to cancer.

I have started reading Elene's COTH post after she had passed, as she never told me that she was on this Forum. I must say that I became very emotional to learn of all her struggles and to realize how much strength she has passed on to so many people.

She is an Angel to so many people including myself.

I am greatly honored to be a part of her life and to continue her legacy with BODHI who is due to arrive in Canada Oct. 18th. He will be making the trip with another foal who is his buddy (Durengo). Elene purchased him so that Bodhi would have a companion on his flight and for them to grow together. They will be raised together on pasture with a nice big run-in barn at my farm.

I am so excited to be able to raise and train such a top quality horse. I will keep everyone posted on his progress as I know Elene would want you all to know how her dream is growing.

Sincerely

Roberta Byng-Morris
    Thank you for coming here to post this message. It's almost like a message from Elene herself saying "This is my legacy.". I'm so excited and hopeful that you found COTH, and that you are willing to keep in touch and update us on these wonderful horses, sent to you by this amazing angel of a woman. I wish you all the best.

EDIT: I had to google you after I read this and I saw that you were on facebook, where I went and saw the photos of BODHI. Gorgeous!! I promise I'm not a stalker, but would you mind if COTHers friended you on Facebook to see how you and the colts are doing?
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

{{{Hugs}}} Roberta, Thank you so much for coming to CotH and sharing with us. Let us know if we can be part of Elene's legacy family, and give back to you and Bodhi. You have many friends here. I think Elene is watching over all of us.
    Last edited by whicker; Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

Welcome Roberta - so glad that you share Leena's dream and are caretaker of her legacy.

I just saw this news today, and somehow am shocked. Even though I knew how dire her prognosis was, she was such a tower of strength and grace. As a cancer survivor myself, I know how hard that is, and can honestly say that I could never match her bravery and spirit. She inspires me and humbles me. Godspeed Leena....

Roberta - thank you so much for posting. I never had the opportunity to meet Elene; I'm in florida and decided one day to read her thread here. It brought tears to my eyes many times over the last couple years, and again when I read your input. She was an amazing woman in so many ways, and truly a lesson to all of us about strength and focus and dedication. So nice to know that we will continue our connections with her.

For all of the challenges of the internet, and the good and bad responses on forums, it is so amazing and uplifting to know that there are times when NO ONE is negative, no one challenges ideas and only good thoughts are posted...Bless you Elene and those who you touched so deeply.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Thank you everyone for welcoming me here. Please if anyone of you want to follow me on Facebook to see pics of the foals as they grow, just friend request me.

We are very excited and busy getting ready for their arrival on Oct.18th.

3 members found this post helpful.

OK, y'all, the obit is in the Oct 7th issue, which is already on line.

I don't know if this link will work without my ID and password to the mag, so let me try it, and if it does not work, I'll give my username and password to one person who please, will not use it again to access the mag?

ok let's try this and it's at "gone away" in the back of the magazine as usual. And if someone will give me OP's husband or parents' address, I will mail my magazine to them when it come either tomorrow or monday, depending on the post office down here.

http://read.uberflip.com/i/183747

I should ask the mods to put the link up for everyone. This is now what the mag website sends me to when I log in, instead of to a page #.

Yes, it works! A nice salute to OP.

Decent write up but they should have made sure they spelled Elène's name correctly every time!
    sorry I am a proofreader!

How cool to mix the human obits with the horses!