The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1638

Thinking of you Leena and wondering how you are doing!

1 members found this post helpful.

Ladyfreckles, I wish you all the best with your filly and hope this thread can help you.

Well there was a lot going on here.

First of all, we sold our last 2 babies and one left today for her new life. The other will remain on our farm as the people are building their stable.

A good friend of mine is sending me a 4 year old and a broadmare to keep company to our last baby for the time being. Both have little things to be fixed, no big deal for me.

So my breeding life is over ! This was a lot for me to accept..hey this is now for real..no more horse.. Wow it went so fast. The 2 babies sold in the same week.
    We have been busy with vet check and so much telephone conversations in between buyers and us, trying to advise on saddle and other stuff.

On my health side, I am not doing well. With the new year the nausea came and since, even vomitting episode are leaving me more tired. It is not fun at all. So far we have tried new medication but it does not help. Probably the tumour is growing through my stomach and around intestine. I don't want to think about it.

I took a pause writing the blog for that matter but are still looking to translate it. False Impression, I'll pm you for your help I guess.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Pulling for more 'gorgeous days and happy riding' for you Elene.

Ditto what ladyfreckles said above. You have given us all so much. I too think of your writings when I ride my mature horse. And he sure gives me back the good things you spoke of.

And you sure did give a lot to those babies.

Gorgeous days to you! gorgeous days!
    from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    I took a pause writing the blog for that matter but are still looking to translate it. False Impression, I'll pm you for your help I guess.
    N'hésitez pas Élène!
    So bittersweet to see the babies go. Good for them, but sad for you!
    I wish you the best in the health dept. and hope your medical team can stop the nausea !

Leena, I feel for you on every step of your journey. Sending you some love.

2 members found this post helpful.

Leena, lots and love a prayers for you. I hope they can relieve the nausea for you. You are in everybodys thoughts and prayers. You are one of the most amazing people God ever put on this earth. You have, and continue to be, an inspiration for all of us.

Prayers and lots of love coming your way. I pray for peace and pain relief for the rest of your days.

Yes girl, try another medication. I am intolerant of some drugs, feeling worse than the original complaint ! Why the docs even prescribe them I don't know!

Looking forward to your update with the new 'buddy' horses.

Default Think of you often ~ Inspired by you Always ~ ((hugs)) & prayers and sunshine ~

Think of you often ~

Inspired by you ALWAYS ~

Sending Sunshine Jingles & AO ~

((hugs)) & prayers & new horse friends ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

I have read this thread since its beginning Leena, even though I only posted on the first page, I have been following.

You are undoubtedly the strongest woman I have ever known, even though I don't really know you, I am sure I would feel no different if I did. How you remain so strong and upbeat is WAY beyond any comprehension I can muster, but would very much love to learn.

To think just how much better our world would be if we could have even one out of a thousand ppl be who/what you are is just mindboggling. You have such a deep understanding of so many things that I will never have the ability to even grasp.

If there was ever such a thing as a manual on how to create the perfect person in every way it would HAVE to be written by you. Think of the insight you could put into building the well rounded socially beneficial human. Why Leena, you could truly change the world I think.

You have helped so many ppl here. One after another you have given ppl 'lightbulb' moments concerning their riding, their understanding of their horses and much much more. I have never had the opportunity to take my riding to the level that most of you have, I am only able to ride once or twice a yr due to my spine, but used to ride daily a long time ago. I have not had lessons or any education in dressage other than what I can read and watch. But I have owned and taken care of my own horses since 1969. The mare I have now is 17 and her grandmother was my first horse. I only tell you this because I wanted to get across that you have not only helped those with extensive riding education, but a nobody like me as well. Your knowledge, insight, experience and your ability to truly understand what makes your babies tick has greatly improved the experiences we all have with our own horses and will from here on , forever. Your gentleness and deep understanding of everything, horse and not, is something we need to see more of in general.

You are a wonderful, wonderful person Leena. Your family and those closest to you must feel SO very blessed to have you as part of their lives. I sure would.

Please know you are always in my thoughts. I can not wait for spring and hear of your new adventures with your borrowed horse. It is nice that you are able to still keep your last baby around yet a bit, that must mean a lot to you.

I too, would absolutely love to be able to read an English version of your blog. Thank you so much for coming here and sharing with us your story. For sure it has greatly enriched my life.

I am so sorry to hear of the nausea and hope it can be sorted out.
    Last edited by WaningMoon; Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added Last line

3 members found this post helpful.

More gorgeous days to you, Leena! Those babies are so lucky to have been yours for their start in life! You are in my thoughts ...
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Leena, you are in my thoughts today. Today I'm going to ride my sweet mare, and will be as light and trusting as I can be, in honor of you.

Thinking of you
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Praying for you Leena and that your team can find a good solution for your nausea. I've been working on my riding and the advice you've given. This week I had the quietest horse in weeks! 3 days in a row! Hang in there and continue to be strong. Praying relief comes soon.

Thinking of you often Leena and hope the doctors can help your nausea.

praying for wisdom for your medical team and compassion for all who, touch you
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

*hug* Leena.

Sending warm thoughts.

Valerie

Sending you warm thoughts and sunshine from Florida. Hoping that you are more comfortable you were when you last posted. We are all with you Leena.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Thanks so much everybody !

Nausea and vomitting episode are over for the moment but I do not know what is the real cause. It is like I block and everything came out so violently..I was really impressed by that much violence.

So I had a bad week and this week was a lot better.

It was kreaking cold this week so I did not put my nose outside except for feeding horses. We got a gorgeous 4 yrs old filly we almost fall in love with, so Drakkar did. It was funny to see how polite and respectfull he was with her.

Write to all of you very soon !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com