The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1638

because there is no doubt in my mind, you will be riding horses in heaven too!!

So great that you are enjoying your horses and they are still enjoying your rides! Enjoy the nice but cooler weather!

Thinking of you!!

Glad to hear of your big outing!

You are always in my thoughts. ((((hugs)))))
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

Glad that you recently had a good ride, I hope the clinic goes well!

Glad you are still riding, it is good medicine. Hugs my friend.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Hello everyone, your good words are so important to me ! Thinking I can help someone somewhere to deal differently with his life is a gift and also it tells me my own life has a meaning.

The clinic went over my expectations.

We took young Drakkar out of the field, got him in the trailer, hauled him and 15 minutes later he arrived fresh at the barn. An hour later, I was in the ring with the clinician.

I am going to post the video of the clinic later on.

I just want to say that working with a young horse takes time, we all know this. We all know how fragile is that period, how tactfull the rider needs to be to put the right basic at the righ time, to respect the horse and to make him rideable, stayed happy et ready for more.

In my disease, this is where I, every day can, I try to give and teach those basis with lot of patience and compassion toward the horse. It is also a work to help the young horse to gain confidence, to accept to live out of the herd and deal with his own anxiety of separation, to anticipate a nice 25 minutes with the rider and look forward into it.

Drakkar is a big horse with very immature mind. In his father bloodlines, there is that Hanoverian G-line which produce horse that grow slowly. So for that matter he was a lot of challenge to work on his mental, to get his cooperation. Very slowly, I brought him along.
    In fact I did work on my own mental strenght and weakness. I work on my conviction and hope that one day, we would be a team, that he would be ready to team up with a rider.

At the clinic, everything happens and it was such a joy to ride, to listen to Margret, explaining to me how Drakkar was trying to carry, how hard it was for him to do it just for a few minutes.

The day after, I spend the hole day in the bed, sleeping and still I think it was worthed.

Faith and joy is what I need to look for every day I ride with a young horse. I'll like to say more about this, say it in better words..anyway !
    Last edited by Leena; Sep. 14, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Let's look at the video of the clinic now:

http://youtu.be/-hi1n2D76K0

http://youtu.be/1V40K5WQkq4

I'll get my mind organised and will talk more about this faith..

Enjoy !
    Élène

Lovely young beast! I wish greys could stay that color forever! I love his expressions too, he is trying so hard to do as your are requesting! Glad the clinic went well, rest for now!

Thanks so much for the lovely update Leena. Hope you are resting and I am looking forward to your next update.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    Let's look at the video of the clinic now:

http://youtu.be/-hi1n2D76K0

http://youtu.be/1V40K5WQkq4

I'll get my mind organised and will talk more about this faith..

Enjoy !
    Your Drakkar is simply fantastic. What a nice young horse, and he looks like he is thinking hard and enjoying his lessons!
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

I feel so blessed to work with him ! He does work hard !

So happy I stick to my plans all the time, even if sometimes it does not go as fast as I wanted to.

The pain crisis is over, I don't know when this will come back so I take advantage of every minutes.
    Élène

Default Glad the Pain crisis is gone ~ RIDE ON !

Glad the pain crisis is gone ~

RIDE ON ~ Sunshine Jingles ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Leena, hoping this message finds you feeling well. Your videos of the cinic are wonderful and Drakkar is one amazing horse!

Hey Leena,

How are you? I need your advice about a testy young "G" line gelding. Did you do a lot of ground work with Drakkar? Any backsliding? You have done a great job with him!

Prudence,

I once read about the G line, that they were slow growing horse. The first cross we had, Domingo was a very quiet gelding, more matured.

But the 2 I have right now, both by the same stallion were a bit different and the comment about slow growing came back in my mind.

With both I did a lot of ground work and they did a lot of backsliding but little by little, with very short training session, just once a week for quite a while, they finally outcome.
    Right now I felt they were ready for more and I increased training session at 3 times a week when weather permit. They are doing well but it has to be slow, little by little and I feel they will be really ready around 7 years old.

I train mostly obedience, straightness and forward. That is it.

For the last 3 weeks, there is no more backsliding, so I am happy about my training program. It was really wise to take my time and keep it simple and stupid.

Hope this help !
    Élène

You made me laugh till my eyes watered - "Simple and stupid." What I rely on totally is being just a bit smarter than my horses. When I start being outsmarted it will be time to hang up the riding tights for sure. Our gelding is 6 - maybe in a year he will be half as good as yours.

Thanks as always Leena.

Quote Originally Posted by prudence View Post
    You made me laugh till my eyes watered - "Simple and stupid." What I rely on totally is being just a bit smarter than my horses. When I start being outsmarted it will be time to hang up the riding tights for sure. Our gelding is 6 - maybe in a year he will be half as good as yours.

Thanks as always Leena.
    Well, we have to be smarter ! I am sure both of us would like to share and discuss more about raising and training young horse !
    Élène

How are you Leena. I thought of you a lot this past week as I was in Montreal and Joliette was on the news, but now I can't remember why!!

Enjoy the lovely and cool weather! I hope you are keeping the pain at bay.
    Bon courage!

Leena, are you ok? Thinking of you and always worrying when the posts are few and far between.

Hi, Leena,

I hope you are enjoying this warmer weather, and that you have a nice Thanksgiving, surrounded by family, friends and horses!

Valerie

I am ok, enjoying some nice days after a couple of pain crisis.

Rode my 2 youngsters yesterday with a lot of fun. I try to take benefit of tha quiet period to enjoy life peacefully.

We are right in the time where the tree colors is so beautifull.

Thanks for asking how I feel !

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends !
    Élène