The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Well, I will be thinking of you! Keep on riding, those youngsters need you!

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Leena,

Just want to know how you are. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Terri

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Hello Terry !

Well again those plans !!! Winter is coming and cold temp also. Normally I would have looked for an indoor facility for january.

I booked one last week and I was lucky they had one stall left; next week I am bringing a 3 years old for his world discovery !

This place is almost Disneyland for a young horse; everything is there; gorgeous trails, bulls, electric doors..Everything to make a young horse nicely !
    After this place, they are ready for everything I tell you !

I have that cold running for 2 weeks now. I began a new rabbit this week. It comes in pills, named VP16 (almost a weapon lol ), just reading the cytotoxins effect made me laugh so much...And you want me to take this ? 21 days on the row..

So again on chemos, will be training one 3 years by next week. One 4 years old girl is doing well with her trainer, the other came back for the jumping baby school.

Still up and riding ! Have not change my plans..not yet. I feel a bit weaker but I feel it is normal with shorter light, cold weather.

I had a great happening last week end at the annual banquet of our regional equestrian association. They gave me a trophy for my courage and my dedication to the sport..I was speechless and voiceless.
    For a minute I shared that recognition with everyone fighting the disease.

Finally I found the greater slippers : The Cowboy kickers !!! Keep my poor feet warm..Great stuff !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Default leena

i just read your thread after finding out an acquaintance of mine is looking to place her horse b/c she has been diagnosed with cancer.

i sent her a link to this thread in hope that you can be an inspiration to her.

you already ARE an inspiration to me and to all of us who have had the benefit of your posts.
    http://www.eponashoe.com/
    TQ(Trail Queen) \"Learn How to Ride or Move Over!!\" Clique

This is great Marta ! It is my story so my pleasure if this can help !

I remember, when I was diagnosed, I felt like the sky was coming on my shoulders.

I went on surgery and I recall asking the doctor when will I ride again..He smiled at me and told me to stay quiet for 2 months, which I did. But I marked it down on the calendar and next thing I did was to call one of my best friend and ask her to help me riding again.

That day, we hauled my horse, a very green, almost unbroke and recently gelded to her barn. She took the lunge and guide me..That baby was very special and so kind..

What happen that day has setted up the way I was going to battle, along with very strong support from my dear friend Equibrit and some other good friends.

That day, I took cancer by the horn and just search to ride more safely, get some more tools in my box, take my time, study my reaction to chemo drugs, and just ask for some helps when I was not sure.

The road was not easy but I am so happy I did not gave up on horses..They were and still are my companions in this journey.

Any disease means like a big crash in life, it means so much about having to forget about dreams, projects..even friends will disapear..
    Because of immune system disappear, the doctors told me not to touch the horses, any animals..So I foresee my life like going to the hospital and living in the couch..It was such a depressed image of what futur was going to be..

I was very fortunate in my great tolerance to the treatment; some people have their platelets counts very low..some have hard time eating..I changed my eating habits, even forced myself to eat properly and do exercice everyday.

I found joy and also even if I do just 15 minutes in a day, well those minutes, I don't think about the disease and this time gives me enough energy and hope for the rest of the day.

Happy riding and best of luck to your friend !
    Élène

Elene.

This weekend we had a clinic. While I have been working with Ted, there have been many other things to distract me (issues and deadlines at work, family issues). I knew that I was not getting enough sleep and was very tired and really, not up to my best.

But I thought, above all, be light. Be like Elene.

And you know what? My trainer told me it was the best clinic I'd ever had. Ted and I really pushed to a higher standard for ourselves.

So, this is my mantra now: in lightness, like Elene.

You are so much an inspiration.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    Elene.

This weekend we had a clinic. While I have been working with Ted, there have been many other things to distract me (issues and deadlines at work, family issues). I knew that I was not getting enough sleep and was very tired and really, not up to my best.

But I thought, above all, be light. Be like Elene.

And you know what? My trainer told me it was the best clinic I'd ever had. Ted and I really pushed to a higher standard for ourselves.

So, this is my mantra now: in lightness, like Elene.

You are so much an inspiration.
    This is so great !

You know, I once though about Pat Parelli's quote: A fly can move a horse..I told myself I would be that fly..

Then along the way, I found out riding is just about focus, relaxation, authority and confidence.

Thanks to share !!!
    Élène

Elene,

I am so glad you're doing well and that the babies are still progressing. I took my own horse Frank out on the roads the other day with my landlord on his horse. They are both retired ex-chasers, Frank is 15 and Abacus is 16. It was a gorgeous sunny day and I was just enjoying everything around me. I thought of you during the trip and thought you would have loved being out there with us.

Terri

So glad to hear that you are doing well and still riding! I think of you often.

Has anyone heard from Leena? It's been a long time without posts and I think of her often. I hope you are doing well Leena!!
    On pense à vous!

Had a chat on Canadian invasion day - she was recovering from a cold.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Oh, good to know, thanks!
    I hope she is fine now, but busy with her horses!

Hi !!! I am here..In fact I had a terrible cold for a month..But now I am ok..

I am busy with the 3 yrs old right now, I finally rent a stall in a big facility earlier than I use to do and I am training one right now.
    Honestly, I am a little weaker but still keep my discipline and try to forget about that darn thing as much as I can.

I start a second round of chemo last week, on the VP16 oral, daily for 21 days. It is hard on me.

Many thanks for thinking of me !!!
    Élène

Leena, there are many of us out here following your story and pulling for you. Good luck with your therapy.

Leena,
    I'm thinking of you. Big hugs,Robin

Leena,

Glad to hear you are doing well and bringing your youngsters along. Big hugs!

Terri

Thanks for checking in, hope that cold is getting better!

I have to wonder how you keep warm in the frigid Quebec winters. What kinds of gloves do you use? (I ask because my fingers FREEZE in the winter and I haven't quite figured out the right combination of glove/mitten/liner/handwarmer/furry animal to use to keep them comfortable.)

Good to hear from you!
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Quote Originally Posted by hitchinmygetalong View Post
    Thanks for checking in, hope that cold is getting better!

I have to wonder how you keep warm in the frigid Quebec winters. What kinds of gloves do you use? (I ask because my fingers FREEZE in the winter and I haven't quite figured out the right combination of glove/mitten/liner/handwarmer/furry animal to use to keep them comfortable.)

Good to hear from you!
    I am trying the Mountain horse Extreme gloves right now ! Not bad. It is not that cold yet here, thank God !
    Élène

Thanks everyone to check in !

As I said, I am still capable to bring up the babies so I do it and try to get as much pleasure that I can.
    Definitaly, I feel more weak so I just go more slowly. This winter, I found a trainer riding the greenies once a week and that helps a lot, so I can concentrate on just trail riding.

I try to keep the fun up !
    Élène

On the subject of gloves.... Sealskinz; http://www.0800sportsusa.com/section...9/1/equestrian
    ... _. ._ .._. .._