The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Dear Leena,
    I cannot believe there was ever a moment when you were "just a passenger" on any horse! You are so fortunate to have them and they know how lucky they are to have you!
    Your war analogy is great -- hold onto your strengths.
    Hugs!!

Elene - every time I feel I am trying too hard, and there is resistance, I think of you. I think lightness, and joy, and connection. And many times, more than it used to! it happens!

So thank you. How funny, that when you want something so much, and you try so hard, you make it so hard?
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

as you already know Elene I am thinking of you!
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com

Élène, I'm sorry to hear your bad news. But yet you carry on, and carry us with you. Thank you for sharing this incredible journey and your thoughts with us.

Élène,

I just want to add my voice to the rest of the group. I appreciate your observations and insights into both the horses and just living your life as it unfolds. Your grace and humility are an inspiration.

Sending all my best to you,

Katy
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

Hi everyone !

Some news here..I appreciate so much your company in my situation !

So since the bad news, I took the decision to move the 4 years old girls and found both of them knowledgeable trainers for a ouple of weeks, just to help me rest..I am really tired and at that time of the year, when days shortened and with colder temp. even for healthy people, it is a hard time..

I am happy both girls behaved really well and already at work shows a lot.

Yesterday and today, I went to audit Dr. Cesar Parra's clinic; this gave me some insight in my younsgter preparation. It is always refreshing and inspiring to see mature horse ridden on upper level. What they look for, what they need to have on a horse in terms of education, strenght, building muscles..And get to see other breeders, riders, trainers, judges..Wow what a crowd of healthy people looking to improve their riding..

I feel weak, painfull..my feet were just freezing, so make me think about getting other boots otherwise I am going to die this winter...BUT, I would have feel the same being at home..Instead, it felt good and I have learned a couple of things !

This week, I am going to train the 3 years old and give a shot to the 2, just to get them into some small routine..One day at a time !
    Élène

Fighting ovarian cancer ! 2013 huge turnaround as I am winning the battle !..
    http://esergerie.wordpress.com

Let us know how it goes!
    www.specialhorses.org

Happy to hear you got to audit a clinic with Cesar Parra. He can be very funny! It's nice to see someone with a light-hearted approach to any serious subject!!
    You must miss the four-year-old girls. TG you have the younger ones to keep your mind off them.
    Quebec has some of the world's warmest boots so that's not a problem except for finding ones that fit.
    You are still at it. That's what amazes all of us, Leena. You are blessed.

Land of the Maple Leaf & Tim Horton's Coffee

Oh, you reminded me about Quebec winters! so cold, and so much snow - but so beautiful when you are warm and cosy! ( and inside! )
    Don't forget super warm socks - thin layers of silk socks, then wool socks works very well, inside those winter boots! And the "Hot Shots" - little packets that heat up for a few hours - skiers use them in the toes of their boots, and in mittens, or gloves. You can find these types of super warm things at ski shops - I needed them when I skied in Quebec! ( and still use them for winter riding, especially the silk & wool socks! )

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed a clinic and taking some time to rest a little - although the youngsters will keep you plenty busy, I'm sure!

((((warm hugs))))

Judy
    “Your appearance should reflect the care you take in every aspect of your horsemanship... feeding, grooming... everything you do, from the barn to the show ring. Class, people, class…" George Morris

Leena,

I am only now just checking in and it breaks my heart to read the latest updates. Your outlook on life and the horses is amazing. I do think of you often because I'm ashamed some days when I think I have problems. And because of you I know everything will be ok and I will get it sorted.

I have never met you but you give me courage. The way you write and the way you share your experiences is so positive.

Now on to other things we have to find you warm boots for the winter. You need ones you can ride in so your 3 yo filly knows you mean business! LOL

Sending big hugs Leena,

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Hé Hé ! I got myself good pair of socks in merino wool; I am building my inventory !
    For the boots I'll look around for sure this week. I feel winter is going to be cold, already horses made their winter coat and men it is thick !

Well the 4 years old are doing pretty good with their trainers; I am going to see this later this week.

Today I gave a shot, just a short training to the coming 3, just to teach a bit how to longe, some work in hand..It was a lot of fun. I am amazed how just a bit of training earlier in the spring, and especially teaching them to behave on the hoof stand this summer has made them much more easier to work with !

I found this summer they were not educated enough for trimming so I spent a couple of hours on this. They have not kick a farrier out, neither did anything but now, they stand quietly on the hoof stand the time I want, so farriery is much fun !

I just loved the clinic with Dr. Parra; I agree he has a way to address things in a funny way ! He has that ability to tell very important fact with such a smile. Even if I feel bad, my feet were totally frozen, I told myself Hey what the heck, Dr.Parra is around and I'll have plenty of time to rest..I cannot miss that event !

So comes my days..Sun is beautifull, I feel weak but I try to go out as much as I can and the greenies take care of me !

Thanks everybody !
    Élène

Some update; the weakness was in fact the symptoms of a good cold..OMG ! It has been years I have got one. Despite good care avoiding being contaminated..washing my hands, not allowing people to kiss me..Maybe during the Para's clinic with my frozen feet...

This week I have been working the 3 years old and began the 2 years old. Just a bit of longing, just teaching them how to longe. They have been doing so well, I feel them ready to experiment the saddle.

Maybe next week I'll have them under saddle and just a walk tour in the ring.

My girls in training are doing well ! My grey filly is having a blast at learning how to jump.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pumi2LQ-Rk

Have a nice day and happy riding !
    Élène

How lovely, how balanced! Thanks for sharing this.

You know what they say about colds -- three days coming, three days here, three days going -- so you are already half way through and on your way to feeling better, I hope. I just got over a 'something' which settled right in my voice box. The worst was the dry cough. But I'm all better now. Sending healing vibes your way.

Valerie

thanks Valerie !

You are right I feel better this morning.
    Élène

Shannon looks great learning how to jump! Glad your cold seems to be going away now! Stay warm!

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Some update.

I will be trying another rabbit, the VP16. Side effects are supposely minimal but I will know next week.

Meantime, I am riding as much as I can, looking to rent a stall in a place with trails and indoor..Winter is coming.

Like many many times in the last 3 years, I am facing some incertainties; would I be capable ? Would I be ok to ride ? It is always the same song coming back.

The 3 years old are coming along. I am happy to see how this work kept me saine in my spirit and makes me live so much serenity.

Happy riding !
    Élène

Happy riding right back at you!!
    www.specialhorses.org

The gray filly looks great, and very enthusiastic about jumping!

Keep on trucking !!
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Default Rabbit and relatives

The great thing about rabbits is that they multiply... I hope this rabbit will keep you riding for at least the winter.