The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fancy Oldenburg hunter by Sir Caletto- Free Lease (Ventura, CA)

Due to my financial shortcomings I am looking to find a long term free lease on my wonderful gelding.

About Stretch:
    Stretch, (registered name "Sublime") is a 17hh (really, with a stick on cement!) grey oldenburg gelding by sir caletto out of a Prinz Gaylord bred mare. He was bred by gray fox farms and will be 5 in june.

He was not started under saddle until december 2009 (due to me not having time and him growing like a weed). He is extremely easy to work with. He has a great personality, loves to work, and thinks he is a big lap dog. He is very brave and learns new things very quickly. I have done all the work with him myself and he has been the easiest horse I have ever started (and I have started quite a few!).

He is a very fancy mover and jumper and should be competitive anywhere. He is currently w/t/c and jumping lines and has just recently started some very basic course work. He loves to jump and is a very fun ride. He is a big, forward mover with a lot of suspension. He goes in a fat loose ring snaffle or a rubber mouth snaffle and has a super soft mouth. While I think his calling is the hunter ring, he would be able to go in any direction, my dressage friends like him too. He is very scopey, we can't turn him out in the "small arena" any more because he jumps out (it's 5'). He does not jump out of his pasture though with the same size fence so he is not hard to keep contained. He is currently pastured with 2 other horses and tends to do very well in a pasture situation. He does tend to be the low man on the totem pole though when in a group. He has also been kept in a 24 x 24 pipe corral and a 12x 12 stall with a 12x 24 run and was fine in both situations. He is and has been sound and healthy as long as I have had him (3 years in august), and vaccinated and trimmed regularly. He is currently in regular front shoes, and barefoot behind, although he may need hind shoes in the future when in heavy work.

He is offered for free lease, meaning the leasee will be responsible for all expenses including board, training & showing (if they choose), routine vet, shoeing and insurance. I would like for him to go to someone working with a trainer or someone who has a good deal of experience bringing along young horses. I will let him go anywhere in the continental US (or canada) for the right situation, but would prefer for him to stay on the west coast--he is currently located in Ventura, CA (1 hr north of LA). I would like this to be a long term lease starting for a minimum of 1 year, but can work something out for the right situation that works for both parties.

I know it is hard to lease out a green horse but this one is very fancy, and has a great personality. I love him so much I don't want to sell him which is why I'm trying to find a free lease. He will be very competitive in the show ring.

Stretch went to his first show in the beginning of may and was a super star. It was his first time away from the ranch and in a show environment, and he was very calm and brave. The judge commented on his lovely movement and jump and overall presence in the ring. We did 4 classes (3 flats and a "hunter hack") and he took a 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th, out of 9 horses.

Here are some photos, I have many more available via email or facebook.
    trotting
    trotting 2
    trotting 3
    jumping
    jumping 2 (picture is a touch late)
    being cute with his first blue ribbon
    standing being adorable

video: I am working on getting a new video- this one is from december with 2 weeks under saddle
    stretch 2 weeks under saddle

PLEASE email me if you are at all interested or have any questions: srs2712@gmail.com

Please feel free to pass this along to any friends, trainers, etc who may be interested or know someone interested, he needs to find a new home ASAP.

Thanks!
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

Default *sigh* East coast...

Are you sure you don't want to send him all the way to NC to be my dream horse? He's GORGEOUS and looks like a ton of fun to ride and bring along.. Good luck I'm sure someone on here will snap up the opportunity to show a handsome boy like this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris26 View Post
    Are you sure you don't want to send him all the way to NC to be my dream horse? He's GORGEOUS and looks like a ton of fun to ride and bring along.. Good luck I'm sure someone on here will snap up the opportunity to show a handsome boy like this!!
    Thanks! I am willing to let him go anywhere in the continental us/canada for the right home. If you are interested send me an email, srs2712@gmail.com. Thanks!

Default LAEC

I am at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center. I'm looking to lease a hunter or jumper. Do you have an email of phone number? PM me please.

Is this horse still available?

HorseLover1229 Guest

Is he Still Available, I am very very interested in him. I am a bit away, I am located in Texas, but he would be well taken care of, I have jumped and done a bit some Eventing. I think he could do anything that was asked of him.

Proceed with caution with HorseLover1229 ALL their post have been today about giveaways and they are new. They seem to be fishing for a free horse

BUMP- AVAILABLE again- I need to have back surgery and so Stretchy will be available for free lease for 2011. I have more recent photos, please contact me if interested. srs2712@gmail.com.

Thanks!

very interested, is stretchy still available?

thanks!