The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pasture board in NJ/NY/PA for $200 or less?

posting for a friend so sorry for few details, but she would like to send her horse out to pasture until september. no riding or anything, just horse chilling in the field. not necessarily retirement, but if a retirement facility is okay with having a horse there for only a few months, that's okay too.

so, anywhere in the *preferably* NJ, or middle or eastern PA or southern NY that offers just basic field board for $200? I'm sorry if that seems outlandish, I can't imagine anywhere in NJ would offer it, but I wouldn't know a thing about it. But that's the budget my friend has to work with, so it's worth asking on here I figure.

ETA--- does not need to be a riding facility, as the horse will not be ridden. and i figure a place that doesnt offer an arena is probably cheaper, so throw those options out there as well

thanks
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

You can get very inexpensive field board in upstate NY. I googled it and found this site with lots of barns in the 200-300 range. It is a bit of a haul, though. Also, I'm not sure how current those prices are.

sent you a PM

i have a friend who keeps her two babies on pasture somewhere in south jersey for something like $175 each... she's not really riding either of them (one was JUST backed like, 3 weeks ago) so it's a similar situation to your friend. she's very happy with the place!

let me ask her the name and i'll get back to you, PM me if i forget!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE