The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default The pusher continues with dime bags: H/J's own STEAL of a DEAL thread

Working with the kingpins in DressageWorld, I'm opening up franchise on our corner, right across from the school yard.

I'll start you out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_6477wt_881

A 16" maybe W Campbell pancake saddle that is used but can wear white at the wedding, if you take my meaning.

Good pics, pigskin seat. Campbells were made by Whitman (or have some connection to them)-- good quality saddles of the PdN era. The darker stitching on this one makes me think it was born late in the era, around the time that the original Pessoas came out. This would be early 1990s? I don't think W then means really wide by today's standards, but it just might work for someone.

And $95 bucks.

If my butt were smaller I wouldn't even have to ask if my wallet is fat enough.

Please follow the Only Rule needed to keep this thread alive: You cannot hock your own wares.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I rode in a Campbell years ago. Loved it. It was before padded flaps were in, though.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

Wow! Wish I could tell if it is truly a wide tree; I have been on the look-out for a new saddle to fit my daughter's new lease pony

Quote Originally Posted by myforx4 View Post
    Wow! Wish I could tell if it is truly a wide tree; I have been on the look-out for a new saddle to fit my daughter's new lease pony
    Looking at the underside picture of this saddle and knowing that regular trees in old Crosby's measure about 4" dot-to-dot, I can't imagine that this same dimension is more than 4.5". In your spot, I'd ask the seller to measure.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Looking at the underside picture of this saddle and knowing that regular trees in old Crosby's measure about 4" dot-to-dot, I can't imagine that this same dimension is more than 4.5". In your spot, I'd ask the seller to measure.
    Great idea- thanks!

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

I sooooooo want one of the Pikeur Ghia soft shell jackets. If I could figure out what size I am, I would order them from Amira... $374 (compared to $600 for US stores.)

http://www.amirashop.co.uk/acatalog/Pikeur_Ghia.html
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Quote Originally Posted by Lucassb View Post
    I sooooooo want one of the Pikeur Ghia soft shell jackets. If I could figure out what size I am, I would order them from Amira... $374 (compared to $600 for US stores.)

Here's a size chart.

I was told by a tack shop that they fit sort of petite as well as small in the shoulders, so I didn't risk it, but it's soooooo lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by klmck63 View Post
    Here's a size chart.

I was told by a tack shop that they fit sort of petite as well as small in the shoulders, so I didn't risk it, but it's soooooo lovely.
    Aw, thanks. That is what I was told too, and since I have big shoulders I had the same concern. *sigh* They are sooo pretty...
    -PaulaEdwina

I'm generally a 14 in hunt coats, but my Pikeur dressage coat is an 8 or 10, I believe. I will check when I get home from work.
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Default What's the hub-bub, bub?

Re these Ghia coats.

I know what "soft" and "shell" mean. Maybe I can figure out what they mean together. But looking the pic of the hunt coat, what's the appeal exactly?

Please excuse my ignorance. It is currently saving me $600 and the Pain of Want.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Re these Ghia coats.

I know what "soft" and "shell" mean. Maybe I can figure out what they mean together. But looking the pic of the hunt coat, what's the appeal exactly?

Please excuse my ignorance. It is currently saving me $600 and the Pain of Want.
    Soft, stretchy, breathable fabric. 'Nuff said.
    -PaulaEdwina

My first saddle was a plain flap Campbell, much older than this model. Almost want to buy it, just to torment those who grew up with "Couch" saddles.

Don't understand the hunt coat thing either MVP..

Keep sending the deals.....I have not spent money on the poneighs in quite some time.

I might be shooting self in foot since I kinda want but I can't resist posting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Default Even the Mafia has rules of conduct!

Quote Originally Posted by mortebella View Post
    I might be shooting self in foot since I kinda want but I can't resist posting

This kind of altruism bears comment. The whole "It takes a village to find a deal" thing will work better if we agree to stay out of bidding wars with our brethren.

Please don't play your cards too close to your chest--Selfishly not posting here-- unless you are serious about buying the discovered treasure.

Carry on!
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Nah, I totally get it. I'm on the fence with this one and just as happy to enjoy somebody drooling with me over it as I am buying it. Really ain't got the cash even for a cheapie right now anyway!

Oh did I want those journeyman chaps... just my size and so pretty! But I've never been a full-chap kind of girl, so I just watched the clock count down...
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~

Who outbid me at the last second on those chaps? Ughhhhh, not all of us can set up automatic bidding proxies to do our dirty work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucassb View Post

Grand Prix has one too.

I WANT! The Pikeur coat looks great too, but I thought hunt coats only had 3 buttons? It looks lovely

There were several BRAND NEW Hadfield bridles in various sizes and styles on ebay the other day. The bidding was starting at $200. It was killing me not to bid, but Ive had to but myself on a strict budget lately. And, I dont think a single one sold.
    "To do something that you feel in your heart that's great, you need to make a lot of mistakes. Anything that is successful is a series of mistakes." -B.J. Armstrong