The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

wow. I hadnt ever heard of any of this....but have found many links to the threads..and I know what ill be reading all night!

This "rescue" is ridiculous!! They are CRAZY with some of their prices. I dont even want to start going into how terrible they are, because it would be an epic novel!

Some of the other posts talk about a blacklist or DNA...anyone know where I can find it?? I'd love to see what it says...

Quote Originally Posted by MassageLady View Post
    Asking for donations to pay off the farm?? Heck yea! send me some while you're at it!!
    She's been asking for money to pay off the farm in various amounts for years and years. Usually it's some sort of balloon payment that's due.

http://www.crossedsabers.com/SECOND_...te_a_Horse.htm

Today, we can only take horses that will help us raise funds (high end fancy horses with a high dollar value, well trained/sound/young competition horses, warmbloods of any age, horses of unusual breeds or colors) or the horses with donors will will pay our monthly donation of $200. a month to help us care for the horse while we are looking for a home, a max of 8 months would be paid.
    Nice work if you can get it and stomach it.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

What the hell kind of "rescue" only takes high end, sellable horses? She needs to start calling herself a horse trader and be done with it already. What a tool!

And she has an ad in the current issue of "The Horse" magazine...."When a good home for life is all that matters. Accepting horses now, exceptional adopters needed. Supporting horses and horse owners throughout the US and Canada."

Default Needs a check up, from the neck up!!!!

Nothing new w/ tht header.

1.) Nobody new has been added to the Goodbye's pg, the ones put down are the same ones as before except to some old horses that passed due to old age & they weren't even at her place.

2.) She ceases to tell you that her lovely Big'ins is the ruddest horse in the barn & that she'll plow you right over.

3.) Or that her beloved Poochey is her supposive program horse, at least that is what she has claimed for years, yet tells different now. He's also the same horse that she almost killed because of the severe infestation of worms. She sent out a email... you all remember that one, where she claimed the blood counts were so bad & the vet was convinced that the poor horse had liver failure. We hit him hard with the wormers & the horse was just fine...imagine that, well when you use the same darn wormer time after time, I wont even finish that one.

4.) The "Kids" that she has there helping out are naive just like the rest of us that have been screwed over by her. All 3 of them are High School students & the one is the kids mom. I personally know 1 of them & 1 of the other ones are hooked in by family affilations.

The cry for $$$ happens every year but that it usually is worst in the winter. She pays $ 1157 if I remember correctly every month for her mortgage payment & $125 for the farms insurance...so no baloon payment just her sponging off the program like usuall & for rehashing sake... is "ILLEGAL".

Again like all others like this & her...Theres a Special Place in Hell for People Like This.

Oh & heres for fun reading, at least this lady caught on faster than some of us did before we got the crap burnt out of us by good ole C:

http://www.examiner.com/x-36925-Clay...-need#comments

& then here's her follow up:

http://www.examiner.com/x-36925-Clay...-side#comments

She should have contacted me...C almost never does background checks ( in the 7 mo's that I worked there not 1 was done), she only goofed when she sent the bad pics. As long as she can move the horse...thats all that matters..$$$ in her pocket. I'll testify to that any day of the week.

Cat,

Angry

[QUOTE=Dangerous;4891541]
    We sent the 5 rescues we just took in to ERL, a rescue with a 20 year history located in Virginia. We had them well on their way to being fat, round and even their feet done but our instability made us all realize we had to back off on our numbers of horses.

We were able to pay for the farrier to come in, that is a $600. visit each time but we've yet to be able to get spring shots for all the horses and update coggins that are due. Its something we have done every year like clockwork but this year we have no had the funds.

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't hoof trimming and vaccinations considered part of basic, routine and non-negotiable care?

She EVEN had their feet done like she was doing them a big favor? What a total POS. If you can't get basics like that done you really don't need to be rescuing IMO. It's freakin' almost halfway through June and not only have her horses not been vaccinated but she obviously has no plans or means to even get them scheduled. Gee, what a rescue.

I'm sure it's just wishful thinking but maybe this wart on the a$$ of horse rescue will finally be removed. God I hope she goes belly-up and loses everything, it's about time she got some kharmic revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Don't you think though that "new" people should know and be updated. Granted, it's the same old story each year....I don't have any money, I'm going to set the horses free, I'm going to put them down. But it just makes me and many others appreciate a REAL, LEGIT rescue. You don't want people getting buffaloed into helping her. Granted the horses will suffer, but why not one batch of horses suffering and it be over, as opposed to loads of horses suffering continuously?
    I just remember LisaMarie8's story with them. Ugh.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

I'm sure we'll be seeing a Discount Sale on horses real soon.

She still doesn't have 501c3 status, right?

I met a horse shipper 7 or 8 years ago that told me she was honestly completely insane. He had some good stories...

There is no shortage of people out there that will tell you she honestly completely insane. Ms. Kramer's wheel is turning but the hamster died a long time ago.

Just thought of a great fundraiser- charge admission and let people come in by the busload to the Rescue. Host a Jerry Springer like chat once daily. Broadcast it on youtube.

She makes my brain hurt.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

I can't even go to her website... I'm pretty sure it starts sucking away braincells when the pages load....

Default self-titled "rescues"

Quote Originally Posted by Twigster View Post
    Why don't more people realize that a rescue is a business and needs to be run like one? Its so hard to have to turn animals away, but if you can't afford to give them the care they need... I'll stop now, sorry. Rant over.

Twigster, there are legitimate rescue organizations that are run like a legitmate business, and then there are scam artists who subsidize their personal spending habits by using animals (in this case, horses) to prey on honest, well-intentioned people who legitimately love and care about animals and who have deep pockets.

Since this "drama" continues to go on and on and on and on..... I think we all know which type of "rescue" this is. And I think it's also a safe guess that the "best interests of the horses" are not the priority here, in spite of the rhetoric. I pray for these horses and their safety, and that they land in safer spots than this "rescue".........

Flame suit on.

I must say that while I have nothing but contempt for the way Celita runs this 'rescue', it has more to do with crappy business practices and the bad karma she contributes to the whole concept of equine rescue than her horse keeping. Now, I know she places horses in inappropriate homes (that's really bad) and is always begging for hay (also really bad) BUT I have yet to see a horse come off the place skinny or in otherwise horrible shape.

My first hand experience with CS horses is limited, but the ones I have known were at least well cared for before they left the farm.

Not disputing that she's a psycho and should be run out of the biz by a torch and pitchfork wielding mob, but I think there are enough crazy things going on there without speculating as to the safety of the horses in her 'care'. As much as it pains me to say it, there ARE worse places a horse could end up.

*Ducking*
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyfree View Post
    Flame suit on.
    My first hand experience with CS horses is limited, but the ones I have known were at least well cared for before they left the farm.
    Actually there are several instances where horses have not faired well in her care.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbygirl View Post
    Why is her title "executor?"

Does she mean "executive," or was there some kind of bequeathal to this organization? Or does she perform the euthanasia?

And $15,000 for that spotted draft is re-donkulous, FTR. She's not really "helping the program" by charging that kind of price...she's NEVER going to get it.
    I think she means executioner.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by dogontired View Post
    Twigster, there are legitimate rescue organizations that are run like a legitmate business, and then there are scam artists who subsidize their personal spending habits by using animals (in this case, horses) to prey on honest, well-intentioned people who legitimately love and care about animals and who have deep pockets.

Since this "drama" continues to go on and on and on and on..... I think we all know which type of "rescue" this is. And I think it's also a safe guess that the "best interests of the horses" are not the priority here, in spite of the rhetoric. I pray for these horses and their safety, and that they land in safer spots than this "rescue".........
    I know there are many good rescues, and I really believe in the good work that they do. I work with a great dog breed rescue in my free time, and sometimes we have to make tough decisions for financial reasons, but it's all in the best interest of the animals. Rescue work is so draining, emotionally and financially, and yet good people still give it their all and make a difference. That is why the scam artist variety of "rescuer" just makes me angry.
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    I think she means executioner.
    That's Lord High Executioner to you!
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Quote Originally Posted by Twigster View Post
    I know there are many good rescues, and I really believe in the good work that they do. I work with a great dog breed rescue in my free time, and sometimes we have to make tough decisions for financial reasons, but it's all in the best interest of the animals. Rescue work is so draining, emotionally and financially, and yet good people still give it their all and make a difference. That is why the scam artist variety of "rescuer" just makes me angry.

I'm with ya, Twigster. It's the couple of poison apples that ruin the entire barrel. It's important for people to do their homework before committing their time, emotions and money. Somebody earlier called this gal a fruit bat, I think of this breed of people as emotional vampires.........

i've never chosen to read the drama threads about this organization, but I just went to her website. Can I just say that her website is the biggest jumble of crap and verbiage I've ever seen? Yikes! Wasn't worth my time to wade thru it.
    Ellipses users clique ...
    TGFPT,HYOOTGP