The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who is your favorite Florestan line stallion?

I keep finding myself drawn to sons and grandsons of Florestan. There are so many of them to choose! Who are your favorites and why? What do they bring to the table? At the moment I am pretty enamored with Fuerst Heinrich sons, Fuerst Romancier and Fuerstenball. I have also bred to Freestyle in the past and am very pleased with the result. What about Farewell I and III?

Me too!! Im breeding one of my mares to For Compliment this week. I would really like to try her with Fidertanz or Fuerstenball at some point too.
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!

HAve had 2 Fidertanz/De Niro foals and they are super. LOVE Fuerstenball and want to breed to him in the near future.
    Really like For Compliment and might give him a try as well.
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

I bred my Dutch keur mare to Florencio this weekend... and can't WAIT to find out if she's in foal!

But I also really like the Fidertanzes I've seen. Very consistent types and movers.
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador xx), and EM Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

Florencio is my favorite forsure! But I also really like Furst Romancier..have seen in the flesh and have bred to him (with no luck) as well as For Compliment.

I also really like Florestan himself and have thought often of trying him.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Florencio. I have an amazing Florencio x Jazz filly. But I also like Fidertanz offspring very much.

Quote Originally Posted by hansiska View Post
    I bred my Dutch keur mare to Florencio this weekend... and can't WAIT to find out if she's in foal!
    Ooooh that one would be nice - I hope she took!

Thanks! Vet appt June 7 -- not that I'm counting the days or anything. I'll certainly be letting the world know if she took!
    Kendra

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador xx), and EM Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

I don't know anyone that has been disappointed with their Fidertanz foals. From what I have heard, they are very correct, good looking and elastic good movers.

I am also curious to see how Furstenball produces. I really liked him from the moment I saw him being lunged at his licensing (watched it live on the Internet).

I am curious about the Fuerst Romancier foals as I have heard from a few folks who aren't hugely impressed with theirs - including very experienced breeders who know what their mares usually produce. He may turn out to be one of those stallions who produces really nice riding horses, but is not known as a foal-maker.

Florencio I have heard can be inconsistent - some are really nice, some not so much, and size can be an issue (he often downsizes). The really nice ones can be spectacular, though.

What about Fuerst Grandios? I'd love to hear some insight on him. He looks really nice, I like seeing the old blood on the dam side, and just doesn't seem to get the attention that the stallions with the big marketing presence that Schockemoehle, Medingen, Bockmann, and Kathmann do.

Also important in my mind is a performer like Fuerstenreich.

Florestan?

Seriously, Fidertanz seems to be producing very well...

I personally do not like Florencio. Although my sample is small, the ones I have seen all had a wonky hind end... Hard to describe, but a real turn off for me...
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Florencio I have heard can be inconsistent - some are really nice, some not so much, and size can be an issue (he often downsizes). The really nice ones can be spectacular, though.
    I'm hoping that with my mare I've loaded the dice in my favor. She's a keur mare to begin with, comes from a damline that throws huge, is very large herself, and has an awesome hindend, thanks to her Holsteiner damline. These horses have mothers, as they say...
    Kendra

I adore the F line and have in the pasture/under saddle right now:

Fidertanz/Harvard
    Fidertanz/Rubinstein
    Florencio/Lady's King
    Florencio/Feiner Stern
    Fuerstenball/Harvard
    Fuerst Romancier/Lamentos colt (Outrageous mover)

Love all the above mentioned stallions but they are VERY different producers.

For those on Facebook that are interested in seeing Fuerstenball foals, Fuerstenball has his own page. Just type in "Furstenball" without the "e". Talk about a stallion that is "stamping" his foals! Pretty amazing. Fuerstenball filly we have this year is the easiest foal we have ever had...and probably the prettiest! Very elegant and long legged. Lovely type.

I would also love to try Florett As if I could get my hands on some frozen. Also will give Floriscount a try next year. So many nice F-line stallions!

Quote Originally Posted by Crosiadore Farm View Post

Fidertanz/Harvard
    Fidertanz/Rubinstein
    Florencio/Lady's King
    Florencio/Feiner Stern
    Fuerstenball/Harvard

For those on Facebook that are interested in seeing Fuerstenball foals, Fuerstenball has his own page. Just type in "Furstenball" without the "e". Talk about a stallion that is "stamping" his foals! Pretty amazing. Fuerstenball filly we have this year is the easiest foal we have ever had...and probably the prettiest! Very elegant and long legged. Lovely type.

I would also love to try Florett As if I could get my hands on some frozen. Also will give Floriscount a try next year. So many nice F-line stallions!
    I just googled Florett As--- what do you know of his dam line? The damsire name is familiar, I just cant place it this early in the morning. Nice stallion and a direct son--very cool. Let us know if you find any frozen to import.
    www.windhorsefrm.org and on Facebook too!
    Where mares rule and Basset Hounds drool!

I'm hoping that with my mare I've loaded the dice in my favor. She's a keur mare to begin with, comes from a damline that throws huge, is very large herself, and has an awesome hindend, thanks to her Holsteiner damline. These horses have mothers, as they say...
    Don't worry; I am confident yours will be *very* nice

Quote Originally Posted by Crosiadore Farm View Post

Fidertanz/Harvard
    Fidertanz/Rubinstein
    Florencio/Lady's King
    Florencio/Feiner Stern
    Fuerstenball/Harvard

Can you elaborate on how they differ, what you feel each produces?

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

I'm with Yankeelawyer on this.... you will have a spectacular foal!
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

Thanks Siegi and YL!! Very cool to hear that from you two.
    Kendra

I am a big fan of Floriscount (Florencio-Donnerhall-Waldorf) . Super young stallion. His first crop arrived this year. All with beautiful heads, uphill movement....really nice.
    I have a colt born in April that is really special and I bred the mare (Dormello-Silvio) back for next year. I think enough of him to have bred Statesmans dam "Weissendra" for 2011.
    Pics of my colt and Floriscount on our website.
    www.huntingtonfarm.com

Oh by the by.......I am a "F" fan too...have a Fidertanz, Fuerst Romancier, For Compliment and Floriscount..............oh.......and Fuerst Heinrich.
    Really nice cross with the "D" line.
    So, for 2011 in Germany I have two Floriscounts, Weissendra (Donnerschwee-Titus), Frieda (Dormello-Silvio) , Remember (Depardieu-LeMatin) to Statesman and my three year old (Dimaggio-Santander) to Quaterback.
    In the US, Sir Gregory, Soprano, and my favorite little man "Stibby Me".............

Bit of a sickness isn't it!! I am a firm believer that we should have a bit of fun in life!