The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2390

"Smell the roses. Trainers for the most part can't afford to stop a horse before it reaches the point of unrepairable. Its a financial reality of the times."

This is the crux of what breaks my heart in this "business."

Nancy

BeTrue Guest

Thanks SwtVixen for proving my point!!!! You ASSUME that I don't read this or do my research. Maybe some of you need to stop doing that. Because there is a pattern on here of people that assume others of doing wrong also think they are guilty. They are very different things. I do read this and have stalls of my own. But if I ever had something to say about another in a negative way it would be to their face or you would see my name and email. I think it's great what passion you all have for this topic. Sometimes it just seems to be unfair. Even if they are the bad guys certain things never need to be said. I'm not going to write on here again nothing seems to really stay on topic or get done. Best of luck to all.

Free Dick!!!!! And then stand up and take your mask off!

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post

Euthanasia sucks, and it sucks when the horse could be a companion animal. But those homes just AREN'T there for all of them. If you know of a bunch of them, feel free to pass names along because I would love to have those contacts.
    I totally agree - I would love the list of those contacts too.....virtually no homes for pasture pets here. In one case we had, the original owner actually took the horse back - now THAT was a happy ending!

Here is what the agenda should look like for tonight's HBPA meeting
    Part 1. Where is the horse?
    Part 2. Is it acceptable to forget where you have sent your retired horses
    Part 3. Trusting a president who lies
    Part 4. Managing a retirement horse retirement facility as a hypocrite
    Part 5. The dangers of disposing of horses to known criminals and animal abusers
    Part 6. Complaining about people attacking your personal life and then putting your dysfunctional life on display for all to see at night
    Part 7 Is horse euthanasia a way to cover our tracks
    Part 8. Does a gratuity equal stall security
    Part 9. Owner relations. ( wink wink)
    Part 10 The 80000.00 wonder and his trusty stopwatch
    Part 11 Owner's day jewelry layaway
    Part 12 Do free hot dogs clear a conscience

tonight is the nite we've all been waiting for! HBPA meeting at the Holiday Inn at 7:00 P.M.. the big question is will our President Steph Beattie show up for this meeting to answer some unanswered questions or will she suddenly have a mysterious illness and not be present leaving our resident sharpie, Mr. mostoller to field the questions concerning "Where is the horse?"

In that long winded filibuster we see no answer to WHERE IS CONTRARY?!!!!!!!!!!

Without an answer to that simple question Steph Beatty has no business placing retired horses nor representing anybody.

Best thing she can do this evening is offer up her resignation.

As for you Mr Brown it certainly shows a lack of guts on your part to come on here taking cheap shots at Dick Hertz after his being banned and unable to defend himself. I certainly hope he sues you for your slandering him and his racing operation.

The statements you made about his horses is an out and out damnable lie. Unlike your golden girl at least none of his go into detox after they leave his barn.

You want to discuss who runs a reputable operation and who doesn't? Fair warning-pack a lunch.
    "I am going to have horse racing as my business, and my hobby will be punishing each and every one of you pinheads, so happy blogging you have my attention"
    Michael Gill-2010

Quote Originally Posted by BeTrue View Post
    Please. Dick Hertz aka Neil Parker. Many of us respect and honor
    what you are doing. But if you have the nerve to blame and write about these
    people please stop hiding behind a fake name. And really stand up for
    what you believe in and man up to your claims. If things
    are going to change we ALL have to be honest. And it's not fair
    to slam these people and hide behind a charactor. We owe to eachother good
    or bad to fix this face to face. How honest are true are all of you if you accuse
    these people of doing wrong but can't be honest enough to own your own words. I just don't think it's fair. You are not judge and jury. Don't let this fight go in the wrong direction be true to the horses and yourself.
    This post is precisely part of the problem. That town of Grantville reminds me a lot of the town full of cowards in the movie High Noon.

Mr BeTrue, Dick Hertz accomplished much more doing what he did than anybody else could have imagined. Now you pick up pom poms and want to be a cheerleader? What in the world have you ever done? Why should Dick Hertz take any advice from you?

He took the point and he drew fire. Now the question is who will follow his lead? Anybody? I still haven't found anyone with enough guts to say publically that they've paid for stalls. Why not?

Remember this, You'll all have the rest of your lives to look back and know in your hearts you had one chance and one chance only at this time and place to make a difference and you didn't do anything. Live with that
    "I am going to have horse racing as my business, and my hobby will be punishing each and every one of you pinheads, so happy blogging you have my attention"
    Michael Gill-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Only1withabrain View Post
    Horse Retirement talks have been in the works from the beginning and have had nothing to do with Dick Hertz or any of his accusations.
    Finally, I have avoided this thread because I was guaranteed 100% proof from Dick Hertz that everything being said would be proven. He's failed at everything. Then, it turned into true spite.
    For the record:

* I don't think that any Trainer at Penn National is getting away with anything, but I am positive there are very
    few worse Trainers (Oh, I mean Owners) than Dick Hertz. Have you seen his Horses in the Paddock? Dull
    coats and heads down. Good feed, most vitamin supplements and knowing how to Train are not illegal.
    Once again, extremely weak reverse phycology out of your camp. And the con is even worse. Some of the worst I have ever seen or heard. And trust me when I say, I have been taught to recognize it.

Dick Hertz has given your team plenty of opportunities to respond on this forum regarding a number of issues, instead, you chose to "avoid this thread". But now that Dick has been banned, silenced for whatever reason and incapable of countering your post, you now feel brave enough.

It was once said that the state of California could prove OJ Simpson, guilty of murder. But that doesn't always become fact. As we all know, he was acquitted, although many of us know better.

This is NOT a court of law where your camp is innocent until proven guilty or the facts are provided. Dick Hertz or anyone else for that matter shouldn't have to provide "proof" when it comes to those who have been put in charge to represent the horsemen and horses....although I think they have provided plenty.

Your camp has been asked numerous times by the horsemen(which your team supposedly represents, via being voted in to these positions of power) to provide answers to some very serious allegations. Instead, your team chooses to avoid those tough questions.

Btw, if you are providing "good feed", vitamin supplements are seldom needed. Of course you already knew that? Then again, I doubt it.

The only thing that I've seen Dick fail at is locating his missing horse and staying on this forum...

When asked why he was banned, we were provided an answer from the powers that be. The unnacounted horse is another matter, one would think that would be an easy answer also.

In my opinion the last owners of this horse have failed, not only to provide answers, but to take responsibility for a horse in their care. If they did, great, we would love to see a pic of him enjoying his retirement already.

Donny Brown, why don't you just tell everyone the truth? The only thing that you really give a damn about is the almighty dollar. Unfortunately for us, your lies about caring about horses and doing the right thing, only happen when your lips are moving. Your blubbering ramble about Dick Hertz and your vitamin program do you absolutely no justice to the people who are familiar with your barn. If you did care at all about your horses, you would join the chorus of people in asking Steph where they have been retired to. Your failure to do so lends us to two conclusions. One- You just absolutelly care less as long as the money keeps padding your bank account. Two- You either have an exact clue about where the missing horses are or you are too scared to acquire the real details. And why are you so scared? Ahhh Yes! Right back to the almighty dollar and your desire to have it at all costs,with no regard for ethics or decency.

To summarize, It is your choice to turn your head to your missing horses and make up false stories about 4H ladies, rescue farms, riding academies and other bogus tales to cover for Steph Beattie. It is not acceptable for you to misdirect your insecurities or guilt onto decent, caring horsemen. That is deplorable and sinks to a level that even a person such as yourself should not sink to.

In closing, we would all like to thank you for your speech and lecture on decency in racing. I feel that I speak for everyone on this forum when I apologize for ruining any of your precious business relationships. Especially the precious ones like those you have with a jockey agent and jockeys. Because as you and Steph were discussing the other night, you never EVER claim a horse from someone without first checking it out with the jockey or jockey agent. Be very careful of who is standing around when you speak, Donny Brown. You just don't always come off like the classy, seasoned business man that you pretend to be
    Free Dick Hertz! !!

I am not sure WHO THE HELL YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT BOB SEEGER HIS ARRREST OR HIS WIFE OR WHAT GOES ON IN HIS HOUSE. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU IF YOU POST ANYMORE UNTRUTHS ABOUT BOB OR HIS WIFE OR THE GOING ON'S IN HIS LIFE YOU WILL BE CHARGED WITH SLANDER. EVERY SINGLE THING YOU HAVE WRITTEN IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE. I KNOW I WORK FOR HIM AND HIS WIFE FOR SEVERAL YEARS. YOU HAVE ABSOULUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT CONCERNING HIM,HIS WIFE,HIS FARM,HIS ARREST, THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING HIS ARREST OR THE PEOPLE IN HIS LIFE. I WILL FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE AND AS OF NOW I HAVE ENOUGH OF WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN TO FILE CHARGES OF SLANDER AND DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. I WILL FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE THROUGH THE CHRONICLE AND YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM HIS ATTORNEY. YOU HAVE MADE A BIG MISTAKE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.YOU ARE SOOOO SCREWED AFTER WRITING SOMETHING LIKE THIS YOU HAVE NO IDEA. JUST SO YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS WHAT SO EVER WHERE FOUND IN HIS HOUSE OR ON HIM OR THE GIRL INVOLVED YOU CALLED A CRACKHEAD. IT IS ONE THING FOR RUMORS TO FLY I HAVE HEARD ALL OF THEM IT IS ANOTHER THING TO PRINT THEM. YOU ARE SO SCREWED YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Am I in the twilight zone? How the hell did Bob seeger's name get thrown into this mess?
    Free Dick Hertz! !!

Sorta near the Devon Horse Show grounds...

Well, they also believe that they can *file charges* for slander and defammation of character...pretty sure that would need to be a civil case, filed by whoever felt that they were being damaged...

Carry on...
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
    www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
    http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by racing1120 View Post
    I am not sure WHO THE HELL YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT BOB SEEGER HIS ARRREST OR HIS WIFE OR WHAT GOES ON IN HIS HOUSE. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU IF YOU POST ANYMORE UNTRUTHS ABOUT BOB OR HIS WIFE OR THE GOING ON'S IN HIS LIFE YOU WILL BE CHARGED WITH SLANDER. EVERY SINGLE THING YOU HAVE WRITTEN IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE. I KNOW I WORK FOR HIM AND HIS WIFE FOR SEVERAL YEARS. YOU HAVE ABSOULUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT CONCERNING HIM,HIS WIFE,HIS FARM,HIS ARREST, THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING HIS ARREST OR THE PEOPLE IN HIS LIFE. I WILL FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE AND AS OF NOW I HAVE ENOUGH OF WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN TO FILE CHARGES OF SLANDER AND DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. I WILL FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE THROUGH THE CHRONICLE AND YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM HIS ATTORNEY. YOU HAVE MADE A BIG MISTAKE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.YOU ARE SOOOO SCREWED AFTER WRITING SOMETHING LIKE THIS YOU HAVE NO IDEA. JUST SO YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS WHAT SO EVER WHERE FOUND IN HIS HOUSE OR ON HIM OR THE GIRL INVOLVED YOU CALLED A CRACKHEAD. IT IS ONE THING FOR RUMORS TO FLY I HAVE HEARD ALL OF THEM IT IS ANOTHER THING TO PRINT THEM. YOU ARE SO SCREWED YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...rt-log-31.html

Sentencings in Bucks County Court of Common Pleas Jul 27-31

Bensalem

Robert J. Seeger, 58, Bensalem, approved for ARD program for 6 months on charges of possession of controlled substance by person not registered, use/possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana Nov 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Introspect View Post
    The story surrounding Seeger:

1. His wife lived in Florida, which allowed Bob plenty of time to covort daily with young strippers at home and at the track (girls, just don't get in the win photo- we don't want the missus to see). At the track they were in plain view everyday with Bob-their open sores and overall drug riddled appearance were sad.
    2. Over a year ago, police were called to Seeger's home after one of the girls called 911 to report that Seeger was too rough in the bedroom. Excessive biting was alleged during lovemaking.
    3. Police responded to the house and were told by a crack whore that Seeger had drugs in the house.
    4. Police recover a significant amount of cocaine (over a kilo)as well as EPO from the residence's fridge. Seeger told police at the scene that the pharmaceuticals in the fridge were for his horses.
    5. Seeger is arrested by police and ruled off of the backside quickly. Mrs. Seeger (Plumstead Stable) remained as owner, and Corey Day took over. The win % drops precipitously over the last year. Day is no mensa member.
    6. Several months ago a good friend of Seeger's shows up at the Day barn. Joe Williams, a former jock agent, had pled guilty several years ago to stealing his alzheimer's stricken mother's care checks (she's in a home) and using her money to buy horses. After being convicted, he had been ruled off but has just been reinstated. His state probation had expired. Guess what- Day starts winning races again.
    7. Seeger now is back and has stalls. I don't know the dispostion of his drug related Bensalem arrest. I had heard that the police search may have been illegal. Again, I don't know the official state court dispostion.
    8. Either way, I'm sure PTHA honcho Mike Balezzi did his best to fight for these persecuted horsemen and clear their good names. That's what the PTHA is all about- protect everyone, but do not police them for the overall betterment of the whole.
    YOU ARE SOOOO SCREWED YOU HAVE NO IDEA. WHAT YOU HAVE WROTE IS COMPLETE SLANDER AND DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA ABOUT BOB,HIS WIFE,HIS ARREST OR THE PEOPLE THAT FREQUENT HIS HOUSE. YOU HAVE PUT SOME SERIOUS THINGS ON A PUBLIC FORUM THAT COULD NOT BE MORE OFF BASE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT HIS LICENSE,WHY IT WAS LOST,HIS STALLS,OR THE MEETINGS BETWEEN MIKE AND BOB CONCERNING THE STALLS. YOU ARE SOOOO SCREWED FOR PUTTING THE THINGS YOU DID ON THE INTERNET. WE WILL FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE AND CHARGES WILL BE FILED. THIS IS A PROMISE.WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO WRITE SUCH UNTRUTHS ABOUT SOMEOME. CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE THIS STUPID?

Racing1120's rant appears to be just some slick shifting maneuver to try and take the focus off the more recent posts responding to Mr Donny Brown. I wouldn't worry too much about this clown.

Quote Originally Posted by racing1120 View Post
    YOU ARE SOOOO SCREWED YOU HAVE NO IDEA. WHAT YOU HAVE WROTE IS COMPLETE SLANDER AND DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA ABOUT BOB,HIS WIFE,HIS ARREST OR THE PEOPLE THAT FREQUENT HIS HOUSE. YOU HAVE PUT SOME SERIOUS THINGS ON A PUBLIC FORUM THAT COULD NOT BE MORE OFF BASE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT HIS LICENSE,WHY IT WAS LOST,HIS STALLS,OR THE MEETINGS BETWEEN MIKE AND BOB CONCERNING THE STALLS. YOU ARE SOOOO SCREWED FOR PUTTING THE THINGS YOU DID ON THE INTERNET. WE WILL FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE AND CHARGES WILL BE FILED. THIS IS A PROMISE.WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO WRITE SUCH UNTRUTHS ABOUT SOMEOME. CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE THIS STUPID?
    If I am so off base, please post the DA's Statement of Probable Cause or a copy of the Bensalem police report. These documents should be public records since the investigation has concluded and the case has been disposed. They would surely shed light on what was alleged to have occurred and what was recovered as part of the arrest.

While we wait for news from the horseman's meeting (my guess is there won't be much to tell) I would like to suggest that when someone wants to "make a statement" that they have someone proofread it first. I am not a grammar Nazi by any stretch but when something looks like it was written by a second grader its hard to take it seriously regardless of the content. And all caps are an instant skip over for me so I don't know what that rant was about. See above if you want your rant to be taken seriously.

There was no denying he was arrested genius. It was the rest of your post. "The police where called due to rough sex" etc etc.etc. He was the one that called the police you idiot. You have been warned. Get your facts straight as to everything else that was posted other than the arrest that was the only fact about his or his wife you have correct. Why do you seem to want to spend time bashing Bob Seeger? Did you work for us in the past and we fired you? Why would you want to spend you time on a public forum discussing someone and something you CLEARLY know nothing about. You posted slanderous things and defamed someone's character there are laws against that. I am surprised someone as brilliant as yourself didn't realize this before you began typing. Maybe the judge when you are brought to court will explain that to you. You being brought to court IS A CERTAINTY! !!!!!!

Who pled guilty to drug charges and entered a program for first time offenders?

Post the police report and prove me wrong about the facts.

Also, you want to sue me for libel, not "charge me" with slander.

Sorry to the rest of the readers for diverting from the bigger issues in PA racing. This is the last I'll write about this subject.