The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 114 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2390

My Rep Joe Pitts has begun to look into horse racing safety for the jockeys and horses. http://pitts.house.gov/press-release...-jockey-safety
    Last edited by Susan P; May. 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

Default Good Job Commission!!!:)

Is very seldom that I see this Racing Commission do anything good or noteworthy so when they do something right or good I feel its worth mentioning.

Its been brought to my attention that a couple of well known program trainers have lost their stalls. These knuckleheads should never have had them in fact the one guy didn't even have any horses.

This is long overdue and hopefully more such actions will be coming. Good Job Commission and PN Management.

Now let's see if HBPA has a major cow over it lol
    "I am going to have horse racing as my business, and my hobby will be punishing each and every one of you pinheads, so happy blogging you have my attention"
    Michael Gill-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Profidia View Post
    Is very seldom that I see this Racing Commission do anything good or noteworthy so when they do something right or good I feel its worth mentioning.

Its been brought to my attention that a couple of well known program trainers have lost their stalls. These knuckleheads should never have had them in fact the one guy didn't even have any horses.

This is long overdue and hopefully more such actions will be coming. Good Job Commission and PN Management.

Now let's see if HBPA has a major cow over it lol
    Can you specify who and why? Thanks.

Pa-eternally laboring in the infinite creative and sustentative work of the universe

Penn Nationals latest news flash on the overnights:

Anyone caught feeding the cats will be automatically suspended for 30days.

Really?
    IN GOD WE TRUST
    OTTB's ready to show/event/jumpers. Track ponies for perfect trail partners.
    http://www.horseville.com/php/search...=1&ssid=057680

Default DON'T FEED THE CATS

Well, now that the poor cats can't be fed, I'm sure that will fix all of our problems at Penn.

What the heck? Starving cats running all over the place is always great for PR.

I remember something like this going on in Maryland...I told my barn cats to learn how to bark...ridiculous.

Awww...worried for a moment they meant rats...hate to see thin executives...

Quote Originally Posted by Introspect View Post
    Can you specify who and why? Thanks.
    In this particular case these peoples names are irrelevent and not worth mentioning. Suffice it to say they were a couple of insignificant nobodies who never should have had stalls. Salient point being that program training is not as welcome there as it used to be which is progress in the right direction and good.
    Quote Originally Posted by brightskyfarm View Post

Really?
    Seems with all these edicts and diktats on the overnight sheets they may soon have no room to print the overnight itself! What's really ironic is that hard as these people try to create the most unfriendly, unwelcome environment they can, they still can't get horsemen to leave. They've really got to be scratching their collective heads over it.
    First no media now no cat feeding. Anybody have peta's phone #?
    "I am going to have horse racing as my business, and my hobby will be punishing each and every one of you pinheads, so happy blogging you have my attention"
    Michael Gill-2010

Default No Feeding of Cars

Really?
    I do not see on any of the overnights listed that there is a penalty for feeding the cats at PN...

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbH...-PEN-20120518D

The idea that there will be suspensions for feeding the cats must have come from somewhere. I didn't see it in the overnights either. well, hope it was just some rumor that got started. Even when fed they will still do their mousing duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyminute09 View Post
    I do not see on any of the overnights listed that there is a penalty for feeding the cats at PN...

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbH...-PEN-20120518D
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVE THE HORSES View Post
    The idea that there will be suspensions for feeding the cats must have come from somewhere. I didn't see it in the overnights either. well, hope it was just some rumor that got started. Even when fed they will still do their mousing duty.
    They're talking about the actual printed overnight sheets you get at the track. Not what's on the internet. Don't believe it? Go there and get one yourselves. Their in a mailbox right past the security gate.
    Michael Gill-2010

Pa-eternally laboring in the infinite creative and sustentative work of the universe

Latest Memo: Now hanging in each corner of every barn

Cat feeding is now permitted again. For personal cats, in tack rooms, or personal shedrow areas (not everyone has a tack room, some dont even have a storage shed) .

However leaving trays of food for feral cats is greatly discouraged.

The HPBA has put aside funds to spay and neuter the cats, and they freely encourage everyone to participate.
    IN GOD WE TRUST
    OTTB's ready to show/event/jumpers. Track ponies for perfect trail partners.
    http://www.horseville.com/php/search...=1&ssid=057680

Hoping that they've initiated a TNR operation and that would be a requirement, not to feed the cats so that they can be trapped and sterilized. It's necessary to not feed them while being trapped so if that's what they are doing it's a good thing.

Latest Memo: Now hanging in each corner of every barn

Cat feeding is now permitted again. For personal cats, in tack rooms, or personal shedrow areas (not everyone has a tack room, some dont even have a storage shed) .

However leaving trays of food for feral cats is greatly discouraged.

The HPBA has put aside funds to spay and neuter the cats, and they freely encourage everyone to participate.

Well, it looks like the people who send horses to slaughter at least won't have to sneak to Canada as some (wonderful) little town called Rockvile in Missouri is happy to have a horse slaughthouse in their town. It sure is hard to be happy about their new found way to boost their economy
    I hope anti salughter policies hang tough around here. All this is possible due to our President, nice.

Default HBPA ELECTION (finally!!!)

Just got postcard as I'm sure many of you wont to advise of a PA HBPA General Membership Nomination Meeting to be held in the Track Kitchen on Saturday August 4, 2012 at 12:00 noon.
    Purpose being to receive nominations for the 2012 election of the President and Board of Directors.

Anyone interested in replacing this corrupt bunch I'd urge to attend.
    Michael Gill-2010

Any word on nominees?

Any word on nominees?
    Not that I've heard. Yours truly wasn't at their meeting and haven't heard anything except that SB is not seeking re-election.
    Keep an eye here:http://www.pahbpa.com/default.asp as well as their facebook and twitter places where they're liable to post more.

[edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Michael Gill-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Susan P View Post
    Hoping that they've initiated a TNR operation and that would be a requirement, not to feed the cats so that they can be trapped and sterilized. It's necessary to not feed them while being trapped so if that's what they are doing it's a good thing.
    FYI, No Nonsense Neutering in Reading PA neuters/spays/earclips ferals for $10. Includes rabies shot.

Any word on nominees?
    Oh guess what folks, couldn't let this go
    There is no campaigning, handbills, talk or discussion of any kind allowed at PNRC. None of this can be discussed anywhere on the grounds according to the sign on the kitchen door

I guess that's why we haven't heard. Never a dull moment folks.

BTW. for the record the cat policy hasn't changed. Anyone caught feeding them will still be ruled off so now the place has hungry cats everywhere. Whatever

On the issue of HBPA can anyone tell us why ice used to be free and is now $2 a bag?
    Michael Gill-2010