The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 66 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2389

Quote Originally Posted by John Sunwack View Post
    Frugal Annie, have you been asleep for the last two weeks?
    I only wish.

Just wanted to know the actual date of the retirement and donation. I wasn't questioning that it happened.

And as for DickHertz or anyone else "flipflopping", I think it has been repeated by him many times (and if you read this board across more than one thread you'll realize it's common practice) that an apology and/or correction gets posted when the original poster receives more information that changes what they know. More info often does mean better info, and we all try to learn more and correct what we've said when possible.

Only wish politicians operated like that.
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Sorta near the Devon Horse Show grounds...

Judy, I may need a translator to read your most recent post. Person persons personal person? To call into play another poster, WHA WHA WHAT? Do a little proof reading, please. And for the record the correct spelling is hygiene. And now back to our regularly scheduled program. This is the part of our show where all of you saintly crusaders fail to prove again that Steph has sent but one horse to slaughter in the last year . But don't worry, if you miss the show, you can catch the same old pointless replay every day
    OK, Mr/Ms Whack...now, we have an admission that Steph SENT a horse to slaughter. Not that the horse just happened to wind up in a bad place- sent indicates that she was aware, and purposeful. Is this where the dam breaks? I asked you some posts ago to account for where the *thousands* of horses that she has had her hands on have wound up...and the silence from you, on this topic, is deafening.

You say she is sainted? Innocent? A stalwart citizen being horrifically defamed?

Let's try a new thing. Proof. You want it from those who do anything other than sing her praises...how 'bout that whole quid pro quo thing?
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
    www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
    http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

So let me get this straight, Steph retires a horse and makes a financial contribution and still gets criticized? Do I even have to elaborate further as to how unreasonable you people are. The woman could donate her life savings to a horse retirement and you guys would say that she should have acquired a second job to donate more. What must this poor woman do? I would imagine that after she and Donny Brown give you guys the information about the safe placement of the horses in question, you will all finally give a little bit of credit.
    "poor woman" ? Are you serious? What she must do is account for all the missing horses that others have proven she sent to slaughter one way or the other. Sent to slaughter directly or indirectly.

Yes, she may want to donate her life savings to make amends for her vile treatment of horses under her care.

I agree with ASB Stars that YOU need to prove this "poor woman" is all the great and wonderful things you say she is.

As we've JUST posted another reminder on this thread re: personal insults and MULTIPLE posters are again disregarding that rule, we're closing this thread. We are not going to devote constant moderation resources to tending to a discussion where some participants on both "sides" refuse to respect and adhere to the policies of the site.

If there is a significant change in status re: the various issues being addressed in this thread--charges filed, a major change in policy at the track, staffing change, etc., we might consider reopening the discussion. Please contact me directly if that's the case.

Mod 1

After further review and addressing some immediate issues with some posters, we're going to reopen this thread with the following caution:

THERE WILL BE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON THIS THREAD.

We typically utilize an escalating scale of disciplinary action related to posting infractions, but due to the history on this thread and the host of new users it's attracting, our standard operating procedures are being amended for this thread.

Personally insulting another user or someone who is the subject of this thread will not be tolerated. Discussing a public figure or official's performance is fine, as long as it's done without name-calling or personal commentary and any accusations made should have some form of substantiated basis in fact.

If you're accusing someone specific of something, "I heard such and such" doesn't cut it. Keep the commentary productive and respectful, even if you don't agree with each other or the people or policies you're discussing.

If a user, old or new, violates these rules, we may ban them immediately, no questions asked, so post mindfully.

And if this tactic doesn't work, we really will close this thread for good.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

THANK YOU MOD 1!!!

thank you for the horses!

Thanks Mod.

Thumbs up

really appreciate your re-opening the thread
    Its not in someone elses backyard anymore....... your Pres brought it home.
    Racing>Business As Usual @PN

Thanks to all the rudeness and name calling, we have lost one of our most informed posters--- Dick Hertz has been banned from the forum--- so thanks (NOT) to those of you who were unable to discuss this subject in an adult and professional manner!!!

I for one am extremely dissappointed in the lack of maturity some have shown on this forum-- I mean, how are we supposed to help if some are not playing by the rules?? I may or may not agree with a poster, but it is NOT necessary to be rude, crude and socially unaccepatble!!!!
    The only difference between a runaway and a fast gallop is nothing but a SMILE
    Most horses cross the Rainbow Bridge, but TEDDY JUMPED IT!!!
    Member of the COTH Enabler Clique

Wonder if Sunwack was banned. He was by far THE most insulting in his posts.

Business as usual without Dick Hertz? Its like the bulls without Jordan, the pats without Brady, like Steph Beattie without David Wells. It just is not able to get the job done. Moderator, you must consider allowing Dick to come back to the thread that he built. He was informative, truthful and generally much more respectful than a portion of the regular posters. Give this thread the credibility that it deserves. Free Dick Hertz!!!

And by the way, what's up with Sunwack and the dead silence. I guess he realized that those that he represented were out of answers. Did anybody get word on those Donald Brown horses that have gone missing? They all seem to love the financial gain of the business but sure seem to be avoiding the subject of missing horses. As an owner I'm sure Steph clued him in to a game plan for his horses retirement. I'm ever so curious to hear the truth about who knew what about the missing horses. Got a feeling its coming out soon
    Free Dick Hertz! !!

DH rude? I never saw anything like that... There were some that definitely should be banned
    though, but I am not a mod...

Quote Originally Posted by moe larry curly View Post
    Business as usual without Dick Hertz? Its like the bulls without Jordan, the pats without Brady, like Steph Beattie without David Wells. It just is not able to get the job done. Moderator, you must consider allowing Dick to come back to the thread that he built. He was informative, truthful and generally much more respectful than a portion of the regular posters. Give this thread the credibility that it deserves. Free Dick Hertz!!!

And by the way, what's up with Sunwack and the dead silence.
    No, it appears that John Sunwack was also banned. But I agree that Dick was a moving force and that losing his voice is like losing the battle. I appreciated his passion for the horses and intelligent posting.

Free Dick Hertz!

"I was walking through the woods, thinking about Christ. If He was a carpenter, I wondered what He charged for bookshelves."

Everybody join us so the moderator can hear us loud and clear and know how significant Dick is to the integrity of this thread. Free Dick Hertz! Free Dick Hertz! !!
    Free Dick Hertz! !!

Thank You Mods, we know your patience has sorely been tried.

Dickie knows he can speak thru any of us any time he has something that needs to be shared!!

Quote Originally Posted by moe larry curly View Post
    Everybody join us so the moderator can hear us loud and clear and know how significant Dick is to the integrity of this thread. Free Dick Hertz! Free Dick Hertz! !!
    Thank you mods. moe larry curly, perhaps you should add the word 'please', though I quite agree with the hope that Dick will be reinstated.
    Clowns to the Left or me Jokers to the Right...here I am...stuck in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by WhaWhaWhat View Post
    Ok I will bite Sunwack.

Buenisima 5/2/10: Owner: Robert Cole
    Gracie's Choice 4/2/10: Owner: Stephanie S. Beattie & Donald L. Brown Jr.
    Whowearsthepants 4/2/10: Owner: Donald L. Brown Jr.
    Iron Woman 1/13/10: Owner: Stephanie S. Beattie
    Contrary 1/13/10: Owner: Stephanie S. Beattie
    Akin 1/6/10: Owner: Donald L. Brown Jr.

Can't wait to hear about the whereabouts of these horses.
    I can't get this list out of my head. Has anyone had any luck in tracking these horses down? Not that I think John Sunwack is very reliable but he did guarantee that Stephanie/her owners would provide the whereabouts of any missing horses. I think we should at least try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Has anyone attempted to contact the connections regarding these horses? Maybe someone could send the HBPA an email or take it up at the next HBPA meeting. I hope for the best, I actually remember and was fond of a few horses on the list

Default Next PaHBPA meeting

PA HBPA General Membership Meeting July 12

Pennsylvania HBPA
    General Membership Meeting

Monday, July 12, 2010

7:00 PM

Holiday Inn Grantville

Agenda: Pension, TCO2 Testing, Horse Adoption

Yes, I bet horse adoption is on this list... there is surely to be a scramble on what to do with (all) horses... SB is NOT the only offender in sending horses to the kill pens, thekill buyers barns........ Id say on a conservative note.. 20% of the backside on a regular basis disposes of horses in this manner.
    To back this up, assistance would be needed from the rescues to look through their records on Tatoo'd tbs saved from the kill pens over the last couple years ...
    Im sure those records exist somewhere.
    The few found and documented were located only by accident simply by a keyword that brought up the resultant search page... can one imagine IF real records were produced?

There is more informaton concering policy on (Milkshaking) ...testing for TOC@
    http://www.pahbpa.com/NewsDisplay.asp

Theres one thing this agenda forgot... the safety and welfare of horses during day training hours.. a vet? a person who can drive an ambulance...? please?
    Maybe there is a suggestion box to keep the list of necessary issues forefront for the Pres.?
    Its not in someone elses backyard anymore....... your Pres brought it home.
    Racing>Business As Usual @PN

Quote Originally Posted by SwtVixen View Post
    PA HBPA General Membership Meeting July 12

Pennsylvania HBPA
    General Membership Meeting

Monday, July 12, 2010

7:00 PM

Holiday Inn Grantville

Agenda: Pension, TCO2 Testing, Horse Adoption

Yes, I bet horse adoption is on this list... there is surely to be a scramble on what to do with (all) horses... SB is NOT the only offender in sending horses to the kill pens, thekill buyers barns........ Id say on a conservative note.. 20% of the backside on a regular basis disposes of horses in this manner.
    To back this up, assistance would be needed from the rescues to look through their records on Tatoo'd tbs saved from the kill pens over the last couple years ...
    Im sure those records exist somewhere.
    The few found and documented were located only by accident simply by a keyword that brought up the resultant search page... can one imagine IF real records were produced?

There is more informaton concering policy on (Milkshaking) ...testing for TOC@
    http://www.pahbpa.com/NewsDisplay.asp

Theres one thing this agenda forgot... the safety and welfare of horses during day training hours.. a vet? a person who can drive an ambulance...? please?
    Maybe there is a suggestion box to keep the list of necessary issues forefront for the Pres.?
    Horse adoption on the agenda. Could this be any more perfect. This could be the most interesting horsemens meeting of all time. This situation does not sit well with more people than you think. I will be marking my calendar for that date
    Free Dick Hertz! !!