The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eq classes at schooling shows

Quick question - I am taking Oscar to a schooling show next weekend and we are going to do a couple of eq classes. It doesn't say anything on the show bill about jackets being waived and I know in hunters and jumpers you see a lot of polos instead of coats, but what about eq classes? Do they want to see you in a coat even at a schooling show? Or is it something I need to find out from the show manager?

It completely depends on the show. I would call and ask :-)

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

For equitation you are always safest in a navy jacket, white shirt and tan breeches.

For reallllllly small schooling shows - the kind that allow you to show in chaps - you could probably get away with more casual attire.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Hey Sally,
    I swear I don't stalk you, but I ride at the same barn as you and we have the same trainer. And I've shown eq classes plenty of times at the same schooling shows. I usually wear a jacket. Most do, some don't. Better to look over-dressed in hunters and eq. than under-dressed in my opinion. I might come watch everyone show this weekend, but I won't be showing this time.

And our trainer will usually kick your butt if you don't show in propoer attire, even at schooling shows. Which is another reason I'm glad I show jumpers now.

wear the coat.

Quote Originally Posted by saitou_amaya View Post
    And our trainer will usually kick your butt if you don't show in propoer attire, even at schooling shows. Which is another reason I'm glad I show jumpers now.
    If you're the person I think you are (with the draft cross, right? super cute horse btw) and OP is showing at the NEC and similar sized schooling shows, then yeah you'd want to wear the coat. Mostly everyone does.

Jacket it is! I was kind of planning on wearing it anyway, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks guys.

i think your best bet would be to bring your jacket and wear a show shirt and they will probably let you know if its waived. If its to hot, they will waive them. Judges seem to like when you wear your jackets in eq
    he may hit a rail, but at least he wont break my heart <3
    Inside the rider u have become is a little girl who fell in love with horses, ride for her (;