The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Red face Hunter Jumper princess does a Gunnar Ostergaard clinic...VIDEO(feel free to critique)

So today, little ole H/J princess me did a clinic with Gunnar Ostergaard. I had no expectations, as I've had under 10 (I think 6?) Dressage lessons before this, and I was riding an unpredictable horse in a jumping saddle.
    Well, much to my surprise Gunnar loved me and loved my mount! Much of the clinic I was riding with a HUGE smile on my face! He is coming back in a month and said he looks forward to working with us again.
    Next time I plan on riding in a dressage saddle, something Gunnar said he'd love to see.

We only worked on the basics, mostly softening Felix up on his right side. He had a bad suspensory injury on his RH (the reason he's just a hair short on it as you can see in the video) so it is our bad direction. Lots and lots of circles!

Gunnar paid us a huge compliment and said if he could have me for four days he'd have me riding and probably getting good ribbons in a 1st level test. I know thats not exactly something to write home about, but I was THRILLED. SO many people doubt this horse, as he does have a screw loose and is a bit unpredictable and labeled as "dangerous"...so to be paid such a huge compliment absolutely made my day and (as lame as it is) brings tears to my eyes. The dressage ladies at my barn were very impressed.

Without futher rambling (seriously I could go on all day about how much I love this horse), here is the video...feel free to critique! Video does have sound for those who wish to listen..I also have two more should anyone care to watch! Just let me know and I'll get those up as well!

http://video.ak.facebook.com/cfs-ak-...5993_30644.mp4

For those who can't view the FB link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLDxg0O9BI
    Last edited by TryMyRules; May. 22, 2010 at 10:25 PM.

Talking

You have had a lot of "hits". No responses. Maybe they like me, aren't on or forgot our password to Facebook.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

I think he's adorable! Of course, I'm a sucker for the unhinged types. Funny, isn't it that they end up being the most willing and interested/interesting partners? You just have to convince them you are worthy of their "try". In the vid, he looks like he's genuinely trying. What breed is he?

Congrats!!! He's lovely and you guys make a great team.

I absolutely love it when the big names compliment you!!! Especially on horses that most people would pass up It just makes your day, doesn't it?!

Congrats and keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by merrygoround View Post
    You have had a lot of "hits". No responses. Maybe they like me, aren't on or forgot our password to Facebook.
    Hmm I thought I had fixed that! Oh well, a link has been added to the OP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLDxg0O9BI

Quote Originally Posted by kinnip View Post
    I think he's adorable! Of course, I'm a sucker for the unhinged types. Funny, isn't it that they end up being the most willing and interested/interesting partners? You just have to convince them you are worthy of their "try". In the vid, he looks like he's genuinely trying. What breed is he?
    Quote Originally Posted by FLeckenAwesome View Post
    Congrats!!! He's lovely and you guys make a great team.

I absolutely love it when the big names compliment you!!! Especially on horses that most people would pass up It just makes your day, doesn't it?!

Congrats and keep up the good work
    Thanks! He really is the best, and tries his hardest for me at all times. He keeps surprising people! Everyone has noticed the change in him since he started getting consistent rides, he just needed a mom and a program.
    And he's a Russian Warmblood. Cutest (well, only...) one I've seen!