The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Safe, talented low-level Quarter Pony in NH

I have a 13 year old, 14.1 ish Quarter Horse mare I am looking to place. She was my beginner lesson horse, but I no longer have my farm. She is very been there, done that type. Has in her life done barrel racing, eventing, hunter-jumper, and most recently dressage with me. I would call her well schooled in training level, working most of first (when fit), and I did in the past start lateral work and mediums with her. She will also trail ride alone or with others. Pretty close to being bombproof, but not a total dead head. Responsive to leg, seat, and hand aids without being touchy. She did beginner/intermediate lessons for me and was well loved by students aged 5 to 65. A great confidence builder and has far more comfortable gaits than most ponies kids learn on. Very smart and will plod along all day for less experienced riders on a loose rein, or will come right up to a balanced rider with contact. She is currently sound and healthy, but does need some maintenance to stay that way. Easy keeper and is always the low man out in the pasture, so can be turned out with most anyone. I am ideally looking to do a lease with option to purchase to make sure this girl gets the best home and it's the perfect fit for everyone. I desperately need to downsize, otherwise she would not be going anywhere. Perfect home more important than money and am willing to send her with blankets, fly clothing, and some tack. Please email mpbeadle@aol.com for more information.

kkwildhorse Guest

Email sent!!