The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hello from Germany

Hello!
    My name ist Helen and I´ve signed in here because I wanna know what´s up in the stables of America and around the world.
    Here in Germany I´ve been jumping on events with my horse "Lando". He´s a son of "Landioso" by "Landgraf I". You may know them. "Landioso" was very public in the USA and in New Zealand.

So, I´m looking forward to meet interesting people and theyr stories about horses.

(Please apologize my badly english... )

Greetings!! What part of Germany are you in?

I am a small time Hanoverian and Oldenburg breeder. I have 6 horses at the moment with 4 mares out of Nebelwerfer, Pablo, Escudo II and Anhaltiner E. I rode in Frankfurt as a kid and competed at M level jumping and L dressage on my mare Gianni out of Glander.
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Hi Helen!
    I just moved to the Stuttgart area in Germany. Where are you?I just ride dressage (L/M level) but have no horse until my horse in the States is sold.

Oh mein Lieber Gott im Himmel, nein!

welcome to COTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Welcome to COTH! Be prepared for fun times and ... what's the opposite of that again?
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

@ n2dressage: Hey, cool! I´m from Nagold. That´s about 60 minutes away from Stuttgart!

@europa: I live in the south-west of Germany. Where are you from? Well, I´m sorry, I don´t know the breeders you told me... But I´m just a little rider - I don´t know much about stallions... :-)

@alagirl: so schlimm? :-)

@the rest: Thanks for your greetings!

I'm really in Boeblingen so you are only 30 minutes from me! I haven't been all the way to Nagold but I did go with someone from my barn to a small competition in Herrenberg.

very funny... :-) Why don´t you look for a horse here in Germany? Around Böblingen are so much good adresses for riding... In Sindlingen near Herrenberg for example is Fritz Pape who is famous in cross country. In Waiblingen near Stuttgart is Karen Tebar´s home. And in Gültstein near Herrenberg is Kurt mayer, who is very good in jumping...

Wilkommen!!!! Glad to have you..

WARNING: COTH is highly addictive and fun!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by GinWallery View Post

@alagirl: so schlimm? :-)
    LOL

nah, is schon gut.

There are a handful of Germans on here, some still in the Motherland, some not so much (like me)
    GNU Terry Prachett

This is so cool. And I, Lori of Sunkissed Acres am headed for Stuttgart next week. YUp, lil ole me is going to EUROPE My kids and my sisters kids got together and got us tickets as well as agreed to come and look after our two and four legged kids. My sister lives in Canada but we will meet up in Europe, a couple hours flight difference. We shall have two weeks to see the country as I would not stay any longer than that. Imagine, Lori in Europe. I am getting so excited and worried at the same time. I hope i can do some horsey shopping while I am there. I dont know if any of my relatives are even remotely interested in horses but..................who says I cant go anyhow.

Coth get together in Stuttgart anyone??????????? Imagine this ME in Europe
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

AWESOME LORI!!!

Stutgard is AWESOME!!!

(get a 'Messe Pass' for the metro system Public transportation on the cheap)
    GNU Terry Prachett

You should go to Ludwigsburg-Monrepos on 4th to 6th of june! There will be a competition up to the highest classes in dressage!
    And in Gomadingen-Marbach is the Mainstud for Baden-Württemberg. You will find enough horses here in Germany, don´t worry

I know Landioso!!! I live quite close to Jodie's place. COTH strikes again. Lovely horse, lovely to make so many connections.

Welcome to COTH!

Also a hi from Australia! I'm originally from Alberta, Canada but down here for awhile.

Hope to see you around!

P.

@phoebetrainer: very lovely horse! I heard from all the sons and daughters of Landgraf I that they are very smart and have a wonderful character. I can only say the same: My Landioso´s son was really a friend, a gentleman and a bodyguard!

@polydor: When will you invite me to australia? :-) I´d love to see this country!

Polydor, what are you doing in Australia and for how long? Lucky you. The only other relatives I have are in Brisbane and Victoria. Maybe that will give me an excuse to visit you hahahaha especially since as many trips as I made to Alberta, I never got your way. Trips coming up again though as now that my brother has passed, my dad has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer as well. A trip or two is now in order again.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement