The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TRAIL HORSE>> FREE LONG TERM LEASE > 12 YO APP QH >> Newnan, GA

Chance is a 16.2 hand, 12 year old register/incentive fund appendix QH. He is a gorgeous, well built, chestnut with the chrome to match. He is being retired from the show ring and eventing. Chance is incredibly versatile, he goes English and western, has given lessons to my 6 year old niece, and then turned around and babysat a 56 year old man on the trails! He would be highly suitable for an experienced person looking for a great trail horse to ride regularly or someone just looking for a pasture pall. He will hack out alone sensibly, but truly excels in a group setting; he doesn’t kick, has been ponied and will pony too!

He is beyond intelligent! Unfortunately at a young age, Chance learned from his previous owner that bucking was a way to avoid work, in light of this and after years of trying to move past the “bad habit” I have made the hard decision to retire him over fences, but he his manners on the flat still allow for him to be an awesome trail or companion horse for someone.

Chance has the best ground manners of any horse, he clips (ears too!), trailers, ground ties, round pens, lunges, you name it. He is loving, affectionate, and has an amazing personality and sense of humor! He is also an extremely easy keeper and incredibly sound!

Chance is an extremely special horse and I would love to find the perfect fit for him. This would be a long term free lease to a good home – fed well, kept up-to-date on his farrier visits, shots, and wormings.

Not sure from your post -- does he buck doing flat work, or just over fences? Suitable for lower level dressage or just trail? Inquiring for a friend who cannot take a risk of being forceibly separated from her horse.
    " ...the mist parted, and there was a green land under a swift sunrise." J.R.R. Tolkien, Return of the King

I'll chime in and add that he's a lovely mover and a gorgeous boy!!!

If I remember correctly, he only bucks when jumping! Not doing flat work and I think he's a fantastic trail horse!

you have a PM

You may want to invest in a little chiro work, my old TB would buck after fences, but he was a little "out". Regular chiro work kept him comfortable, and no bucking....
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450