The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Minimalist or Mixed Media?

My little bitty baby goes to her first in-hand this weekend...so its time to finalize that show name forever and ever amen. She's out of an Art-Deco bred stallion so I'd like to keep with the art-y theme.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2657542_n.jpg

But she made out with ZERO color. Do I go with "Minimalist" (the obvious joke) or "Mixed Media" (an art term which I'm not sure how many people are familiar with)?

Thought I'd check with the wonderful people of COTH who would immediately know if Minimalist was an Olympic-so-and-so from the 80's and it would be in bad taste for me to use that name, etc. Thanks in advance.

I personally like Mixed Media

Can't access that site from work

I pick minimalist. Then again... ask other non-artsy people. I have an art history degree and there's nothing about her that screams mixed media to me. Cutie!

While Mixed Media is a cute name, it doesn't make sense for her. Minimalist is perfect in my opinion

No consideration of "Monochrome"? Her stable name could be Mona. Not too feminine but Mancante Colore for missing colors. You could call her Memphis "Art Deco had a profound influence on many later artistic movements, such as Memphis and Pop art."

Of the two you have selected, I prefer Minimalist
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I think Minimalist is more easily understood than Mixed Media, but Monochrome has my vote! I had a breeding stock APHA filly (solid chestnut) out of Dirty Sunny that I named Spotlessly Dirty!

Diane, I LOVE it! I am a sucker for clever names! I have to admit when I read the thread awhile ago about the ET mixup and they named the supposed bay foal "Chestnot" I CRACKED up.

I REALLY enjoy Monochrome as well! That one hadn't occured to me. Mona is a DARLING barn name (thats the other benefit to calling her Minimalist is that she COULD have gone by Minnie) but unfortunately she came with the unceremonious name "Crosby" and it's stuck to her. Works out well, she's not lovely enough for a name like Mona A giant dopey tomboy.

Shoot, now I have to pick between three. This worked against me it seems

Well, at least there is a super selection! And she does have "chrome"! LOL Please let us know what you decide......