The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PLEASE....SAVE ME FROM MYSELF

Repeat after me....you do NOT need another horse. I have one of my horses for sale because he is just too sensitive a ride for me. Lovely horse, which makes it even more difficult to let him go.

Soooooo, I'm snooping in the classified ads and see what sounds like the perfect quiet, forgiving horse for me. It even says in the ad....horse is very forgiving of riders errors. He's adorable and I have set up to see him on Saturday.

Now, I know that I should wait until my horse sells. What am I going to do if he doesn't sell quickly. I already have one retired guy that is permanent. I can't affort 3 horses.

Someone talk me out of this. Take the engine out of my truck. Give me a flat tire (maybe not a flat. That will only slow me down). I need to be stopped before money exchanges hands and I'm in serious trouble.
    Life is what happens when you're making other plans. RiverDance

You're doomed you already made an appointment.

I'm in the same boat. I'm wanting to get a youngster to work with as my old mare is getting up there in age. I've been shopping too and really can't afford board on two horses.

Good luck with selling your horse and tell us how it goes on Saturday.

Ask if they want your hotter one, maybe this one is for sale cuz they want a more challenging ride? (thinking positive but enabling you to get a new horsie)
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlbredfan View Post
    Ask if they want your hotter one, maybe this one is for sale cuz they want a more challenging ride? (thinking positive but enabling you to get a new horsie)
    The plot thickens!

I like that idea. They had two for sale though and this guy is the only one left. It's fate. I think they are getting out of horses due to finances but I can always ask. Thanks for the great idea.

Your asking this bunch of enablers to help you NOT buy a horse...
    ya right
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by macmtn View Post
    Your asking this bunch of enablers to help you NOT buy a horse...
    ya right
    You have a very good point. What was I thinking?

I guess I will go and just LOOK on Saturday. Check back for an update. I'm in some serious trouble here.

So what colour halter are you going to buy him?

ENABLEING, ACTIVATED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CelticRiverDance View Post
    You have a very good point. What was I thinking?

I guess I will go and just LOOK on Saturday. Check back for an update. I'm in some serious trouble here.

MYnon horsey DH dragged me to just look at an Arabian 3 1/2 yr old halter broke stud colt a coworker was trying to give us. We ended up as his owners for 18 years...
    Yes- your in deep doodoo. Welcome to the muck pile..
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DandyMatiz View Post
    So what colour halter are you going to buy him?
    How did you know I had gotten that far?????? Black. He's a black and white Paint.

You know we expect pics when you bring him home You're bringing your trailer, right?
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Quote Originally Posted by CelticRiverDance View Post
    How did you know I had gotten that far?????? Black. He's a black and white Paint.
    I went to "just look" at a reining prospect 3 years ago. He had none of my criteria. I wanted a Straight Spanish (arabian) mare, non-grey, low tabal breeding (to breed to a Tabal bred stallion i like) , 4-8 years, and started under saddle with an aptitude for reining.

I got a 2yo grey 1/2 Spanish (High Tabal) bred colt. barely halter broke, extremely wormy, with rain rot who hadn't had his hooves done in ages. Oh, and he is going more the hunter route then the reining.. But as soon as i saw him.. i said, he'd look nice with a bright red halter...

i saw that ad too! I have no need for him, and he is not even my type, but I did think - wow maybe I should pick him up cause somebody will want him and he is CUTE!!

Thank you for saving me the trouble! Go get him

I love black and white paints!! There aren't many with good markings, you better snatch him up!
    Equine Massage Therapy Classes and Rehab for Horses
    http://www.midwestnha.wordpress.com[/INDENT]

Quote Originally Posted by sparky6 View Post
    You know we expect pics when you bring him home You're bringing your trailer, right?
    If he comes home with me, I will promise to post pics. He is very cute. and, yes, I am bringing my trailer.

My DH is in Florida for a week and is chuckling about the whole thing. Says he "expects" to see another critter when he gets home on Sunday. Another enabler. They're everywhere!

Enable enable enable enable enable enable enable enable enable enable enable . . . . Black & White Paint Horses are Da Bomb!!! So do you have any names picked out yet?

CRD-your DH sounds like a wise and wonderful man!

Now, save me? Skinny, sad paint on CL yesterday. Just can't shake the guy. 16 year old stud who just looks like he needs a big hug, lots of groceries, a strategic snipping, and happier 2nd half of life. Sadly, I'm in no position to help him (I don't even have a current barn, not to mention a truck/trailer or anything else) but gosh would he look handsome in the pretty leather halter I kept after I sold my horse a few years ago.

Can't wait to hear how your "date" goes tomorrow!
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Did ya go????? Is he home???????? PICTURES PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by skykingismybaby1 View Post
    Did ya go????? Is he home???????? PICTURES PLEASE
    Are we there yet????? No, didn't go yet. The appointment is set up for tomorrow. I am calling today to confirm appointment and make sure no one else snatched him up. The appointment is for the afternoon and I have a wedding to go to at 4 PM. Look for an update tomorrow evening after I have had a few glasses of bubbly in me.

I have not picked out a name yet. Every time I do that, I change it after meeting the horse. Brought home one horse that I had a name picked out for and then the name Gaelic popped into my head. I think he put it there through horsey brain waves. (Notice an Irish theme going on here?)

Wish me luck.

Luck of the Irish to you!