The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

I'm really worried about those in Katrina's path. If you can help anyone that needs refuge, post it here.

Does anyone still need a safe place for your horses? I know I'm far but have some extra space. I just want everyone to be safe.
    Good luck to you all and god speed.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Moderator note: in addition to leaving your info here, please add your name to the list that USEF is maintaining, as they may be in a better situation to distribute the information to those who need it. You can find info at http://www.usef.org.</span>
    Success is a journey not a destination.

I'm really worried about those in Katrina's path. If you can help anyone that needs refuge, post it here.

Does anyone still need a safe place for your horses? I know I'm far but have some extra space. I just want everyone to be safe.
    Good luck to you all and god speed.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Moderator note: in addition to leaving your info here, please add your name to the list that USEF is maintaining, as they may be in a better situation to distribute the information to those who need it. You can find info at http://www.usef.org.</span>

i have pasture space in ocala, if needed.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

We can take some of you here in Houston.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Is it not too late to evacuate? I'd hate to get stuck on the interstate during a hurricane. Not trying to deter anyone - just an honest question.

I have 14 acres, cross cut into three pastures. It's barbed wire http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif with hot wire on top but it's a rental place. No barn but my horses have been ok through some bad weather (including Ivan - I think we got cat 1 winds here). If anyone has a few horses, I could take them. Not more than two in the small pasture and probably only 3-4 in the pasture behind that.

Of course, trees down on the fence might change some of that. We're going to have tropical force winds ourselves. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif
    "Dogs are man's best friend. Cats are man's adorable little serial killer." -- theoatmeal.com

I know I am a long way off in NO VA but I have a 5 acre pasture with a 24 X 12 run in shed with excellent grass available and sitting empty. I also have a couple of stalls available if someone can get their horses to VA.

Good Luck to all of you and special thoughts for my friend Sabrina Gaber and her horses in New Orleans area.

Yep - lots of room here in Central Virginia - just get on the road and give me a call at 804-364-8348 and I will find placement for you with many of my friends around the area with horse farms.

Stay safe everyone - God bless you, your families, and your pets.

In fact - you can just get on the road out of there and call me from your cell phone and I will start working to find farms for you in neighboring states. The Internet will let me find you places - Just load up and get out and call me if you need help finding a place and I will get on the computer and phone and find you the help you need. 804-364-8348.

Ditto LUVMYQH - Get on the road and head out. If you head this way I'll get you and your horses shelter. Call me 281 807 9413. Just come.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LUVMYQH:
    Yep - lots of room here in Central Virginia - just get on the road and give me a call at 804-364-8348 and I will find placement for you with many of my friends around the area with horse farms.

Stay safe everyone - God bless you, your families, and your pets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Central Va may not be safe either. Remember Agnes? You're welcome here, but given a choice I would head west.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Current predictions from the National Hurricane Center are available here.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

If my friends in Mississippi read this, Cool Mist aka Teddy is always welcome back in PA. I know you know the way. I have room and I miss him anyway. I'm a little too far north for most people but I can handle a couple gelding in a pinch.

i put this on the other thread too, I dont have the physical space but would gladly act as a contact to let other people know of conditions of family ,friends, needs of you a nd your horses ect. Thats the only help I can offer for now will do whatever I can during after math.Good luck all
    The Winds Of Heaven Are of That Of Which Blows Through A Horses Ears

Western Kentucky twenty acres and a few clean stalls, also room for dogs and cats.

I can help find room in/near Cookeville, TN, right off I-40 for those heading northeast. We'll probably get storms, but the only way it is going to flood here is if we get a really, really nasty bout. I know my barn has limited space, but we'll find someone/somewhere for you! (931)625-6561. It's a long drive, but I thought I'd throw that out there just in case, especially for those coming from MS or AL.

My number if anyone needs us is 281-373-0125
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

just bumping this up.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

Central KY- empty house and 5 stall barn- about 8 acres of pasture there, can accomodate a few more on the farm I'm at now about 3 miles away. I could make room for a stallion if need be. ALL of your critters are welcome- dogs cats goats whatever. Write down this number if you even think you might need it- 270 735 7777 -it's a cell phone with a generic voice mail message, though one of us is usually near the phone. To anybody that might need refuge- Write down my phone # and the others that have posted BEFORE your power goes out! I'm 11 hours in normal conditions from Baton Rouge.

bumping this up.

a few stalls (4), paddocks with Run-ins, and bedroom and couch in Tryon- 828-859-7629. My daughter is there now, with her finance- ask for Will or Jazz- They know somone may call.

In MI, (I know, very far north) you are welcome to store a few horses/dogs/cats chickens whatever- 734-475-3056.

Thinking of all of you-
    I have too many ponies but love 'em all!

http://foxview-farm.blogspot.com/