The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Ordered my Cavallo dressage boots today!!!

I'm excited and just wanted to tell SOMEONE!!! I got measured today for some Mocha Brown Cavallo Grand Prix Plus dressage boots! We are doing the Winner shaft because it's softer and I'm not interested in uber stiff boots. Went with semi custom since regular size was 1cm too big in the calf. Foot was a half size smaller than I thought it would be and with a narrow foot. Height was 2cm more than I thought but lady says that is to allow for them falling a lil. After she measured me I'm glad I didn't measure myself or I would have gotten it ALL wrong! So all I have to do now is wait very impatiently for up to 8 weeks (and try to get rid of my not very old "old" boots!)!!!

Best of luck..

I have loved my semi-custom Cavallo's for 16 YEARS now. If anything is a bit snug, spray the inside with rubbing alcohol and wear until dry. You can do that a few times to get particular spots to loosen up.

I love them so much, I bought the same boot in a paddock (except with a zip up the back) last year and expect to have them almost as long!

NJR

Which style boot do you have? I'm fully prepared to do the water/bath tub thing because I do NOT want blood or bruises! I'm hoping the softer shaft she is ordering will help. I will have some heel lifts too! The lady that measured expects a 2cm breakdown so we went with 48cm height when my current broken in boots are 46 cm high. I'm nervous and just really hope she knows what she's doing!

Expect to be in pain for a little while but oh I love my cavallo boots!! Mine are 11 years old. I am very jealous that you will have some in Mocha brown, mine are boring old black!!

my cavallos are currently at the "shoe guys" getting zippers put in them and having them stretched a smidge. I'm sweating bullets waiting for them to be done! They are so tight now I think if I put them on it would take a trip to the hospital to get them off... needed a bit of help on the stretch!
    http://dressageesquire.blogspot.com
    "The ability to write a check for attire should not be confused with expertise. Proficiency doesn't arrive shrink-wrapped from UPS and placed on your doorstep."

I'm super excited about the inside front zipper! All my back zipper boots have had to have to the zipper replaced many times. My current nice boots are the mt horse classic dress and the zipper doesn't like to stay up all the way. Sigh... I have all this black stuff and now brown boots! Time to play with listing things on Ebay!!